You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

What would be a good ship line?

17 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
442 battles

I like Accurate armament. Good Survivability. Good Maneuverability. Concealement does not matter to me. Note I am a mid range player. Note I go alone to. 

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

IJN CV

French BB

British Cruisers

German DD

Depending on your preferred means of survival.

[WORX]
Members
1,623 posts
12,629 battles

Cruiser line

1. Germany
  2. Japan
  3. Russia

If you want a challenge

1. french

you probably not going to like UK cruiser line but I dont want to dictate in finding your own path with your game play. That is what I recommend

[PVE]
Members
491 posts
4,060 battles

For BBs I recommend IJN, you just have to learn how to angle your armor to gain survivability. But I feel thier guns are more accurate and thier mobility is average or better at most tiers.

I agree with the cruiser and DD recommendations above.

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
41 minutes ago, ImperiumDylan said:

I like Accurate armament. Good Survivability. Good Maneuverability. Concealement does not matter to me. Note I am a mid range player. Note I go alone to. 

Accurate Armament:

• Pretty much anything that isnt a BB

Good survivability:

• Any BB line
  • A very well played cruiser

Good Maneuverability: 

• Again, pretty much anything that isnt a BB
    EXCEPTION: Russian CAs turn like a bag of bricks swimming in a pit of tar

Concealment:

• Doesnt matter to you, but any DD that isnt Russian has great concealment

-Mid range engagements

-Solos a lot

Taking all these points together, I ultimately recommend the IJN CAs. They have very good guns with top tier HE shells, and the Zao especially has absolutely lethal AP as well. Decent handling characteristics, accurate guns, torpedo tubes for if you get into a real pickle, and excel at mid to longer ranges, but they have the concealment and speed to keep up and effectively support your team's DDs. The concealment also drastically increases your engagement control against other nations CAs and against BBs. Their armor can be somewhat trollish and unless you give full broadside you dont take that many citadel hits very often (although AP can still hurt you a lot) 

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

Italian premium BB at T5 and or Russian cruisers mid tier.

Cruisers mid-tier......I agree. I do ok with Russians. Thing is players differ in their styles.  There is no one size fits all. I also like French tier 5 cruiser Emile. FAST,,,that is her armor. Good guns and great torps. OP kinda seems to want the "perfect" ship. I understand but no such thing exists. Been good suggestions here however. BBs I have no opinion.

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Didn't we do this yesterday?

Ya

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Members
13 posts
4,188 battles

Myself, I like the French BBs

Cruisers; Italian, British and Japan

DDs; Pan Asia mostly next to the german tiers.

It's all about the style of play you like that works best. 

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,859 battles

German cruiser checks all the boxes, the Hindenburg is nearly unkillable even with dedicated effort and can dish out the pain as well as most others.

This won’t be true if all ships going up the line but is worth it if T10 is your goal.

Members
9,861 posts
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Didn't we do this yesterday?

He's been asking this same question for weeks now.....

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
6 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

German CA’s if you have patience (good T5, T9, and T10, T6 is meh, T8 is going to be meh, but right now it sucks, the rest of the line sucks), any non USN/RN CA if you don’t (high arcs, low survivability). IJN BBs in general and USN BBs (laser accurate NC) at higher tiers are accurate and survivable when well played. The IJN CAs are the best line overall, only Ibuki is a stinker, the rest are fine if not great. Russians turn like trucks, and only get tanky at higher tiers, but are great at longer ranges (working turning circle). 

CVs are good, but require Herculean dedication, and every bit as much patience, IJN especially. 

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[SYN]
Members
4,520 posts
11,433 battles
6 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

You also like repeating yourself a lot, asking the same question, over multiple threads, over weeks and months...

It's time for you to stop now.