You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
265 battles

So, I've had my Myogi for a bit now but I'm just now starting to grind it for the Kongo. I'm not very good at it so I need some tips.

Notice: I don’t have barely any free xp

Edited by Sujustin

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Use your speed to get out of trouble, not into trouble

Use your range for opportunity shots, don't snipe from the back all match long

Keep your angles in mind, alternate between driving towards and away from the enemy, timing your turns between their salvos

Your guns are very inaccurate and you have a long reload, holding your fire for better shots is sometimes the right thing to do

Your guns don't work well at long range, get to ~10km or closer

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,389 battles

Get good at armor angling, and sneaking your rear turrets in between incoming shots, all valuable skills for a Kongo when you get her.

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,884 battles

Use islands to block line of sight so you can close range around caps and block torpedo lanes, your guns are at their best at close range, use angling when you do engage, and use your speed to disengage firing angled over your shoulder if odds are against you

Edited by Visidious

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,671 posts
15,162 battles

Range is a trap - get in close to the enemy.  Feel free to send me replays if you'd like me to analyze your gameplay at a deeper level!

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,552 posts
13,996 battles

Be careful about getting into very short ranges.  For one, you are  a lot more vulnerable against other BBs, especially USN & German ones at these tiers.

The last one is for very, very short ranges.  If the target is close enough, and you like to salvo fire, i.e. all guns fire at the same time, Myogi has a nasty characteristic where her shells will literally criss-cross in front of the target, missing.  The culprit is the extreme turret layout.  The turrets have very wide spaces apart from the two groups.  If a target is super close, fire the turrets one at a time and aim accordingly.  This may not be as much of a problem against BB threats, but against DDs of these tiers that love to get super close, that's where it will be an issue.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,544 posts
3,734 battles

Well there is the easy way and the hard way.

The easy way is to just use the free xp and forget that the Myogi even existed.

The hard way is to play her in a couple battles, then use the free xp after realizing the misery.

Then again there is another option which is called the masochist way, just keep clicking the battle button.

1321322162001.gif