You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Joining a Clan War Without a Clan?

12 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,039 battles

This mission giving 5 special flags each, oroboros etc., for first battle in a clan war seems worth of doing.

Anyway to be a "mercenary" and joining a clan wars battle?

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles

You could just join a clan, get your flags, then leave.

All the limitations on clan joining and leaving are just there to stop you hopping back and forth between clans.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lone wolf clans do that, just get some members together for a few Clan Battles, when rewards are available

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles

Not yet. May not happen ever. Join one of the Lone Wolves Clans. They do clan wars casually and are never mandatory.

• Cool 2

[OPG]
Supertester
1,886 posts
9,991 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

This mission giving 5 special flags each, oroboros etc., for first battle in a clan war seems worth of doing.

If you ask around I am sure that there are clans that are willing to take a temporary member on for the rewards.   As others have stated, the lone wolves likely would and some of their tags have been seen in clan battles.

I have to ask though, why not join a clan and play clan battles and get the rest of the rewards (they are pretty sweet) now and every season?

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,553 battles

havent done it either for the same reasons , and dont want to join a clan and leave right after.  So have to find the right clan i can roll with i guess.  OP you know there is a clan recruitment forum here right?

[WOLF2]
Members
863 posts
6,995 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lone wolf clans do that, just get some members together for a few Clan Battles, when rewards are available

We've tried.  While I didn't care for strict clan guidelines, meetings, voice comms, etc (benefits of a lone wolf clan), I didn't expect it to be total isolation (which it is, mostly).     

Lone Wolves in Clan Battles?  Herding cats is easier.   That said, there were a couple of times we did field a team (and did pretty well).   It would have been nice to field a team each time CB was scheduled.  Who knows where we would have ended up?

And yes, the flags are nice.

Agree with Skpstr - want the ability to play CB for the flags?   A non-focused, lone wolf clan might be your best bet.   

Edited by DiddleDum

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles
8 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Lone Wolves in Clan Battles?  Herding cats is easier.

[CATS] is already taken. In somewhat poetic fashion, it looks like it only ever managed to get two players in it.

• Funny 2

[OPG]
Supertester
1,886 posts
9,991 battles
48 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

[CATS] is already taken. In somewhat poetic fashion, it looks like it only ever managed to get two players in it.

haha

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

We've tried.  While I didn't care for strict clan guidelines, meetings, voice comms, etc (benefits of a lone wolf clan), I didn't expect it to be total isolation (which it is, mostly).     

Lone Wolves in Clan Battles?  Herding cats is easier.   That said, there were a couple of times we did field a team (and did pretty well).   It would have been nice to field a team each time CB was scheduled.  Who knows where we would have ended up?

And yes, the flags are nice.

Agree with Skpstr - want the ability to play CB for the flags?   A non-focused, lone wolf clan might be your best bet.   

Along those lines, if there are people looking to do CW casually, you can swap one in for me. Real life is probably going to keep me from ever doing CW, and I'm sure there's another lone wolf, or lone wolf-like clan I can pop into for the economic perks.

Members
567 posts
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Nope

xtDhwzL.gif

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles

Wolf1 has a group that does clan wars fairly regularly WolfB does it as well. Not sure about the rest. But since the teams are so small it should not be hard to get a few together on occasion.

Having said that the theme of the Lone Wolves clans is to be solo focused and that is unchanged.