You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

Battleship questions - IJN and Royal Navy

15 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
645 posts
659 battles

Part one: Does Queen Elizabeth follow the RN tradition of HE slinging, or should I be primarily using AP? I'm having mixed results with both and can't seem to pin it down.

Part two: Please tell me the Myogi is a massive improvement over Kawachi. I can't bear another ship like that.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I prefer Kawachi over Myogi because I hate Myogi's placement of her guns... then again I have not played below ARP Haruna in a long time.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,944 posts
12,460 battles

1) Use both, switch as appropriate.

2) Yes, but that does not make it a 'good' ship. Fully upgraded Kongo and Fuso are worth it though.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
220 posts
7,879 battles

1. use AP for broadside targets and targets you can overmatch bow armor on. use HE for other angle targets, or targets that used repair and vulnerable to DOT.

2. I remember Kawashi as the worst BB I've ever played. The Myogi is very close to the 2nd worst BB I've ever played.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,404 battles
26 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Part one: Does Queen Elizabeth follow the RN tradition of HE slinging, or should I be primarily using AP? I'm having mixed results with both and can't seem to pin it down.

She's pretty normal for a battleship, I find her primarily AP, switch ammo as required. She's not a mindless HE slinger like the Orion.

26 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Part two: Please tell me the Myogi is a massive improvement over Kawachi. I can't bear another ship like that.

Better? maybe, she's faster and otherwise completely different. Kongo is the first IJN battleship that's a keeper, and one of the few tier 5's that I don't care if I'm up-tiered, Kongo is great at reverse seal clubbing. 

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,912 battles

Use AP at the right time if you want to win games, use HE all the time if you want to farm damage. 

Haven't played Myogi in a long time, but anything has to be better than those old [edited]USN / IJN T3 BB's.

Members
3,298 posts
7,997 battles

Boxers or briefs, blue or red, blond or brunette, 12, 12 or 8 km?  I probably wouldn't know what gift to give you for Christmas or your birthday either.

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
52 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

It's a massive improvement in that it plays much more like the next several tiers, so helps build experience, unlike Kawachi, which plays like nothing else in the line.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,676 posts
10,011 battles

I would only fire HE in QE if I were shooting an angled T8 Battleship or a Destroyer of any tier and had the opportunity to change (even then I wouldn't sweat it as BB HE isn't much better than AP anti-DD).

Myogi is poor, hard to say if worse than Kawachi, the speed is good but a threat to yourself if you run off. Kongo is well worth it.

[RS]
Members
371 posts
13,030 battles

Myogi : the only Battleship I sold as soon as I was done with the grind. I suggest you Free XP over it or see a qualified practitioner for appropriate anti-depressants.

HE? Well as stated by others if you want to farm damage feel free. If RNG loves you then you get lots of fires and walk away happy. IMO though a good British BB player switches up on his shells based on ship positions. I absolutely would not be slinging HE into someone who insists on giving me a broadside.

[INTEL]
Members
6,628 posts
25,330 battles

Nothing good in the Tree in that line until Kongo and especially Fuso (a keeper).

[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,490 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

1. Honestly, use both. Sticking with HE all the time is silly. I've seen lots of RN BBs, slinging HE even at broadside cruisers and BBs and that is the height of ridiculousness. Use your HE and AP as appropriate. 

2. Myogi is not an improvement over Kawachi. It's just different. They are both awful ships. I have nothing positive to say about them other than at least Myogi is faster. Its guns are bigger, but it only has six of them making it hard to hit with them and they are clumped to the rear. The ship is a very long, poorly armored target.  The good news is the rest of the Japanese line is at minimum decent, and most are quite good. You really just have to get through those two stinkers.

Members
1,547 posts
9,817 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

1) Use primarily AP with QE you will get much better results. It's the only ship in the tree that isn't a HE slinger.
2) From what I recall, Myogi was awful but perhaps they buffed it. Things get really good at tier 5 and up

[BNKR]
Members
645 posts
659 battles
57 minutes ago, Paulo2011 said:

Myogi : the only Battleship I sold as soon as I was done with the grind. I suggest you Free XP over it or see a qualified practitioner for appropriate anti-depressants.

HE? Well as stated by others if you want to farm damage feel free. If RNG loves you then you get lots of fires and walk away happy. IMO though a good British BB player switches up on his shells based on ship positions. I absolutely would not be slinging HE into someone who insists on giving me a broadside.

Took this advice on Myogi. What an awful ship. Kongo on the other hand, is brilliant.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

Kongo on up make it worth the grind of tier 3 and 4 for the IJN Battleships. 

Queen Elizabeth has 15" guns with a strong AP that overpens cruisers.

Her HE is decent.