You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Getting 'reported' for...wait, what?

44 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I just got reported for poor game play, I suppose.  We had the lead, but were down 2 caps to 1 and our points lead was shriveling faster than the clock.  We had to push in and get a kill or two.  It didn't work, and I got sunk by a hidden DD in the process.  A dead Admiral Hero team mate began berating me for costing the team the game.  Haha, ok.  After the game I notice a drop in karma, so I suppose he reported me, too.  Haha, ok again.

I was in a T6, low tier, and:

rNj7op7.jpg

Gotta chuckle at people who get their panties twisted over things they completely fail to understand.

Pretty ho-hum story, I suppose.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[BNKR]
Members
645 posts
659 battles

I don't even understand the karma thing. Do you get a prize if your karma reaches a certain level? It seems kind of pointless.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Reported for topping the team when bottom tier. Your overachieving is making your teammates look bad, and will not be tolerated.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,208 battles

Welcome to WoWS.  The same has happened to me numerous times.  The surest way to lose Karma is to finish first on the team leader board.  

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

No worries. I do the same plenty. So I get as salty but it depends on what I see in game. For me, I don't care if you got 5 kills if your ship is in a corner with 2 enemy ships while the rest of the team is getting sunk. As said, I need to see what happens in game to judge. Otherwise, good job :fish_aqua:

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
1 minute ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I don't even understand the karma thing. Do you get a prize if your karma reaches a certain level? It seems kind of pointless.

No, it doesn't mean anything, really.  However, if you have high karma it could mean you are a good player and frequently help the team (thus adding to it), and/or aren't toxic in chat (thus not subtracting from it).  It's a little measuring stick that has flaws.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

No, it doesn't mean anything, really.  However, if you have high karma it could mean you are a good player and frequently help the team (thus adding to it), and/or aren't toxic in chat (thus not subtracting from it).  It's a little measuring stick that has flaws.

I have a little over 130 Karma. When I give karma, I say I am. That way, I can get karma. It's also because some players know a good CV player when they see one. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
839 posts
9,473 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Reported for topping the team when bottom tier. Your overachieving is making your teammates look bad, and will not be tolerated.

You sir are darn tootin'.!

+1 for truth

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

karma is free data collecting for WG.   it also measure saltiness.  :D

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

I have a little over 130 Karma.

Me, too...131, currently.  I really should get a cookie, or something, for that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,158 posts
8,766 battles

I was reported for this match.

6hMI8Ic.jpg

All you can do is wear it as a badge of honor that you pissed someone off enough for them to report you for doing well.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles

I am worried when I hear Wargaming talk about a penalty system for people getting reported in game. I have a friend who is a really good CV driver, he NEVER says a word in chat, he deletes people all the time and gets reported by enemy players all the time. You cross dropped me and sunk my battleship...reported.......how dare you come into a game in a Saipan with an Atlanta in your division.......reported. Kracken, you're a seal clubber......reported. You stole my kill.....reported. Does that mean all the Unicom players are going to be locked in Co-Op for getting reported by the haters?

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I am worried when I hear Wargaming talk about a penalty system for people getting reported in game. I have a friend who is a really good CV driver, he NEVER says a word in chat, he deletes people all the time and gets reported by enemy players all the time. You cross dropped me and sunk my battleship...reported.......how dare you come into a game in a Saipan with an Atlanta in your division.......reported. Kracken, you're a seal clubber......reported. You stole my kill.....reported. Does that mean all the Unicom players are going to be locked in Co-Op for getting reported by the haters?

go get 'em killer!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,925 battles

Admiral Hero wasn't the Atago on zero points, was he?

I have been berated for abandoning my team-mates and throwing my ship away for no return. This was by a player who had paltry base XP and no kills, must barely have moved from their spot, whereas I went forward to spot (no CV at that tier) and sank two enemy ships before I went down. I took great pains to report him by the end of the game, both for bad play and for misbehaviour in chat (as he had made a blatantly false accusation).

Fortunately the likes of him are rare in my experience.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

To OP.....why are you even concerned? Since we all KNOW that karma chameleon is a bad song, and in-game is totally immaterial and worthless, why even post about it?

"Gotta chuckle at people who get their panties twisted over things they completely fail to understand." Isn't that the perfect definition of karma? :Smile_teethhappy: 

[TBW]
Members
6,323 posts
11,883 battles

I rarely report anyone negatively. I was in a coop game yesterday and got torped by a Caledon that was in a division and I would not have done anything, but for the fact that they did not even say sorry about it.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
30 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

occasionally WG gives rewards for people with positive karma.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Admiral Hero wasn't the Atago on zero points, was he?

I have been berated for abandoning my team-mates and throwing my ship away for no return. This was by a player who had paltry base XP and no kills, must barely have moved from their spot, whereas I went forward to spot (no CV at that tier) and sank two enemy ships before I went down. I took great pains to report him by the end of the game, both for bad play and for misbehaviour in chat (as he had made a blatantly false accusation).

Fortunately the likes of him are rare in my experience.

It is funny, I think of myself as a slightly better than average player but every so often it is like I go to sleep in a match and I go full potato and throw my ship away. I will apologize in chat to the team and tell them I am sorry for making a mistake and throwing my ship away. Usually, they are very forgiving.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,881 battles
51 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Think of positive karma as a "thank you", or "good job".   If i see a player perform well, I give 'em a "plays well".  "Well" is a function of how well they played under the circumstances.  Low tier players who score high will often get plus karma from me.  A dominating high tier player...they'll get karma too.  If I see a particularly well played situation, I'll throw Karma there as well.

I seldom give out bad karma...but if anyone T6 or up goes stupid...yeah, I might nix you.  But not often.

Bottom Line: Give positive karma in the same way your would say "think you" in real life.  Do they get a prize?  No.  Is it pointless?  No.  It's called being  nice.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Think of positive karma as a "thank you", or "good job".   If i see a player perform well, I give 'em a "plays well".  "Well" is a function of how well they played under the circumstances.  Low tier players who score high will often get plus karma from me.  A dominating high tier player...they'll get karma too.  If I see a particularly well played situation, I'll throw Karma there as well.

I seldom give out bad karma...but if anyone T6 or up goes stupid...yeah, I might nix you.  But not often.

Bottom Line: Give positive karma in the same way your would say "think you" in real life.  Do they get a prize?  No.  Is it pointless?  No.  It's called being  nice.

Thanks for reminding me :Smile_teethhappy:

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,667 posts
7,555 battles
56 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Only the ones that play CVs or say something in chat.

Members
25 posts
2,516 battles

I got reported by an enemy BB once for playing Khaba.  I was shooting him, he got mad about the Khaba, I got reported.

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles

I come first and get negative karma a lot, don't worry about it.