You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
184 posts
1,597 battles

hello everyone. can i get a review on the USS Arizona, I am interested in getting next time it comes in the shop. is it worth the money? and when is the estimated time for its next release

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,288 battles

Worth the money?  Oh, hell yeah.  Arizona is one of my top 5(?) favorite ships in the game.  I don't think anyone knows when she will return to the premium shop.  Here is the review:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,458 battles

Was about to post it too.  You can always look at the ship in the Wiki and usually LittleWhiteMouse's review is attached to it.  She does a great job with them

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,431 battles

It also does excellent in many of the T6 Scenario Operations.

A tiny bit lacking in AA, but a drop-in captain and gud guns...

[RKLES]
Members
7,104 posts
8,758 battles

I can also say if you have an interest in Ranked Battles, last season of Ranked Tier VI Arizona did not do bad at all.

[BNKR]
Members
647 posts
659 battles

I'd love to see her come back soon. I had some reservations about buying premium ships back then, but I really loved the New Mexico, and the Arizona seems very attractive now, especially for scenarios.

Edited by RagingxMarmoset

[O_O]
Members
783 posts
4,734 battles
19 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

A tiny bit lacking in AA

As in there is practically none.  

That said, Arizona is an excellent ship.  Her guns aren't the biggest at Tier VI, but there are twelve of them and they pack a mean punch.  In close they're dead on accurate and at range they're still reasonably useful, though please don't snipe in her.

She's a classic US Standard Battleship and as such very slow, best to build up a good amount of speed early on and use maneuvering to adjust where and when you need to be places.  Tanky doesn't even begin to describe this ship and I seem to regularly earn Dreadnought achievements in her.  Angling is everything, and she's maneuverable enough that it's pretty easy to swing her stern out for an XY shot and back in before unfriendly fire comes in.

As for when I next expect to see her, I'd say about three months from today (maybe a day or two sooner) or also around the very end of the first week of December.  Plenty of time to save the pennies!

-R

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,683 posts
10,011 battles

I don't particularly care for her, she gets uptiered a lot, and suffers it. She's slow and has a slow reload which detract from the enjoyment IMO.

She's not necessarily bad, but not a barrel of laughs.

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

Understand that Arizona can see both Asashio and Graf Zeppelin, two upcoming premiums designed to hard counter battleships. If those two vessels turn out to be popular, then playing the Arizona could turn out to be a very frustrating experience. If that doesn’t bother you, she’s a fine ship, but I personally wouldn’t want to spend $30 just to be fodder. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
11,337 battles

Not a fan, she may be a 'gudbote' but she isn't fun IMO, another slow bathtub of a ship. I value fun over good. But, I am sure others have fun with her, so to each their own.

[O_O]
Members
783 posts
4,734 battles
6 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

especially for scenarios.

Only drawback is her speed.  Sometimes you need to be places quick in those scenarios.

4 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I thought it was in shop

Oh, it may be.  She does show up there pretty regularly, I just can't check right at the moment.

-R

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,431 battles

The only T6 BB in the shop is the Dunkerque.

Fought many, many Arizona's with the Dunker.  Lost most.  Usual high point captain skills for US BBs are fire prevention, accelerated repair, and fast DC.

The Arizona is tanky enough to withstand all the guns I have and get over to my side -- then >WHAM<  I'm dead.

Only way I found to sink an Arizona with the Dunker is the old Ishizuchi method....   RAMMING SPEED.

Mutsu is the serious anti Arizona T6 premium, but you need to get close.

[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,490 battles
32 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Understand that Arizona can see both Asashio and Graf Zeppelin, two upcoming premiums designed to hard counter battleships. If those two vessels turn out to be popular, then playing the Arizona could turn out to be a very frustrating experience. If that doesn’t bother you, she’s a fine ship, but I personally wouldn’t want to spend $30 just to be fodder. 

Even if they turn out to be popular, I wouldn't base a decision to buy Arizona on that logic. By that logic no one should buy Dunkerque or Warspite or any other T6 BB either. Arizona is a very good T6 BB. She can run into T8s which, if one-on-one is problematic for almost all T6s. It is well worth spending for Arizona for her looks, her history, and her good play. She will reward a half-decent player more often than not. 

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,490 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The only T6 BB in the shop is the Dunkerque.

Fought many, many Arizona's with the Dunker.  Lost most.  Usual high point captain skills for US BBs are fire prevention, accelerated repair, and fast DC.

The Arizona is tanky enough to withstand all the guns I have and get over to my side -- then >WHAM<  I'm dead.

Only way I found to sink an Arizona with the Dunker is the old Ishizuchi method....   RAMMING SPEED.

Mutsu is the serious anti Arizona T6 premium, but you need to get close.

Mutsu is easy. Arizona can generally outgun and out damage her and Mutsu armor scheme is soft. You just can't shoot Mutsu in the bow or try to citadel her if she is angling. Hits almost everywhere else will stick and do a lot of damage. Arizona's real biggest issue is CVs. It's not the worst AA BB on her tier by any means, but it is not nearly enough for useful self defense. Her other big issue is complete lack of speed, but if you've played the American BBs you're used to that by now and have figured out how to deal with it. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
2 hours ago, embeddeddear97 said:

hello everyone. can i get a review on the USS Arizona, I am interested in getting next time it comes in the shop. is it worth the money? and when is the estimated time for its next release

She is a good ship, however, power creep has reduced her effectiveness. Unless you are a collector or looking for a battleship captain trainer I would say save your money. The French Tier Six Normandy is light years better than Arizona in my opinion.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,431 battles
15 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Mutsu is easy. Arizona can generally outgun and out damage her and Mutsu armor scheme is soft. You just can't shoot Mutsu in the bow or try to citadel her if she is angling. Hits almost everywhere else will stick and do a lot of damage. Arizona's real biggest issue is CVs. It's not the worst AA BB on her tier by any means, but it is not nearly enough for useful self defense. Her other big issue is complete lack of speed, but if you've played the American BBs you're used to that by now and have figured out how to deal with it. 

Goes without saying being up-tiered on the CV issue.  Sharny operator asked me which way we were going at the start of the battle.

I said, "Seeing how we are facing an Enterprise with AP bombs...  I'd say DOWN." .. didn't take long for me to be proven right.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,201 posts
7,172 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

A tiny bit lacking in AA, 

... and people say that WG doesn't care about historical accuracy in this game. *sigh*

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,631 posts
14,017 battles

Arizona has consistently been among the best of Tier VI Battleships since her introduction.  The only problem she has, a problem all other Tier VI ships share, is that MM is very unkind to her, and the higher tier ships she faces negate quite a bit of her advantages.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,201 posts
7,172 battles

I don't have a lot of battles in her, but the ones I did play have been a surprising amount of fun. I got her in a christmas crate in 2017, I think, or maybe in a supercontainer at some point. Can't remember exactly. I wasn't thrilled with her--I didn't like New Mexico all that much--so it was a rather a long time before I even played her. I'm glad I started, though: she's actually been a lot of entertainment.