You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Story of FPS Fix [Wows apology video] [3 free days premium]

39 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

Alex beat you to this with the most recent thread before yours. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

That video explains how hard finding what is causing something particularly something that doesn't impact everyone equally really well. A million ages ago I took an RPG II course, yeah I am old, and couldn't figure out why the program wouldn't compile when out of frustration I took the printout and a ruler and went though it line by line. The problem was a comma instead of a period in the array and the error message didn't point towards it in any way.

• Cool 1

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,395 battles

Hay guys its to easy to understand that some peoples have FIOS or fiber optics so those that have this dont have the FPS issues while me I use comcast which have 100 mbps max with cable connections where FIOS has more than this but am getting like jumps of 200 then coming down to like around 35 for pings but the FPS I get jumps around 60 with settings all to low for graphics in game so those with FIOS should not have the FPS problem unless there computer system is older then my system !! If there computer system is older they need to upgrade it or build there own computer gaming system and by doing this they can go to youtube.com to find out how to build there own computer gaming system so you guys should let everyone know this b/c some dont know this yet like I know now !!!

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

Thank you for the link. Really appreciate it! :Smile_honoring:

Some quick observations on the video:

#1 Russians seem to have lost the ability to grow decent beards. They should just go clean-shaven until they reach the age of 50. :Smile_teethhappy:

#2 Never saw so many Packard Bell computers gathered in one location!!!! :Smile_facepalm:

#3 Did they send the guy that screwed up the coding to Siberia, or has the FSB "taken him for a ride"? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Deputy276

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,395 battles

hay guys of this game I been into computers while some of you kids still in your diapers really been into computers about over 30 plus years now so I know my stuff and have built my own gaming system the Asrock ab350 pro 4 motherboard and you can buy cheap computer parts on www.newegg.com they also have parts with mail in rebates too their as well !!!  One thing you guys need to know if your using windows 10 pro 64 bit that you need to disable fast reboot in your system b/c it interferes with computer shutting down with game play dont know exactly why but it works for me plus am part of Microsofts forums that others are having problems there as well !!  Hope this is some help to any of you guys here.   Oh when is you guys here going to fix it in game so it shows the reload times of AA guns on ships b/c it looks like they are not even shooting as faster then the main guns to me !!!  Some of you guys played in in game and you know that I kick butts with my Farrugut DD and check out my stats here you will see that my best wins are with my destroyers lines for sure !!!  have a great day now LOL

• Bad 1

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,395 battles

for all you guys that want to learn how to build your own gaming computer system here is link to help you out ok.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+build+your+own+gaming+computer+cheap

Its really not that hard to build your own system here seriously those that do not know that is the link to others will show you how 

• Bad 1

[-BSS-]
Members
385 posts
5,934 battles

Kudos to Wargaming for taking the feedback seriously and doing all that the team did to identify the solution.

It is clear that the people on the team at Wargaming love this game.

Thanks so much, this level of engagement with the community and responsiveness is really uncommon in the industry in my experience

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
29 minutes ago, Visidious said:

Kudos to Wargaming for taking the feedback seriously and doing all that the team did to identify the solution.

It is clear that the people on the team at Wargaming love this game.

Thanks so much, this level of engagement with the community and responsiveness is really uncommon in the industry in my experience

I think every programming house takes feedback seriously but people don't realize how insanely complicated modern programs are and tend to expect instant results.

[-BSS-]
Members
385 posts
5,934 battles
36 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think every programming house takes feedback seriously but people don't realize how insanely complicated modern programs are and tend to expect instant results.

Agree, I think there is something special here though as to post a video like this would require executive approval so clearly the entire team from the bottom to the top is onboard with supporting the community.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
240 posts
4,214 battles

Thanks for the link.  I also got some camos I forgot I earned for being a good dude.

[KRK]
Beta Testers
33 posts
9,254 battles

Hello all...

While I was lucky enough not to suffer too badly from the FPS issue, only occasional stutter with high numbers of planes and torpedoes on screen. I am still seeing the "render bug" where I can see the ship's smoke, wake, weapon blasts and fires burning on the ship if any 3 to 5 seconds prior to the spotted ship itself rendering.

I have a pretty good system setup....7th gen I7 at 4.2ghz,  32gigs of mem, 1080ti 11gig vid card. I am assuming the "render bug" was/is a separate issue. Has anyone heard any information regarding this issue?

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles

I'm impressed.

WG screwed up, but they admitted it and took serious steps to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. That right there would have been good enough for me on its own, but that video really was something extra that I'd never have expected.

Good job, WG! Now can you send some people over to EA to help them figure out the server lag issues on Battlefront II?

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

so it's until 5/7 to claim 3 days

i think i will wait until there are hard missions that need more games to activate, currently in april there aren't much going on, maybe wait until may to activate

but WG please don't screw this up and terminate it before 5/7

Edited by Happy668

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,433 battles

Many of us (including me) are often very critical of WG, but I'll say this:  When they genuinely acknowledge an issue, and take ownership of it, they respond in a very positive way.  Like with the repeated server issues they were having last year, and how they compensated players.  Something like 2-3 weeks worth of free premium time in total.  Remember that?  The issues didn't even affect me, at least not in a way that I could tell, but it was very well appreciated nonetheless.

As long as they're compensating players that way, I say they should continue having technical issues!

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

after i checked april calendar again, the best time to activate seems to be 4/20, mission :

Set XP Free!
Play a battle
Repeatable

Reward

+100% free XP

so get premium acct for 3 days and keep getting +100% free XP right?

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

I love the openness I am starting to see from WG regarding this type of thing. A year ago, I think something like this would have just been swept under the rug. The last few months seems like you guys are making an effort to keep us players informed of things like this. To make the effort and make a video like this detailing the issues is very nice. It shows you care and also details the long process involved and details to the less patient among us, hopefully building more patience among the player base.  There will always be mistakes, but damage from those mistakes can be minimized with this kind of openness. 

I like getting details on WG testing issues brought up by the player base, such as Missouri dispersion and the recent underwater citadel issue. One was found to be an issue, while the other was not, but having the fact published that the issues were looked at and the results of the testing is nice. 

Tell them to keep it up! 

@Pigeon_of_War

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,584 battles

This was rather nice of them.

Some of you who didn't game back in the "good old days" probably don't remember but games used to be sold and if they had bugs, well, then you could go buy the next one when it came out. Then, came patches. About once or twice in a game's lifespan, there would be a patch. Before the Internet, you had to find out about the need for a patch through either local clubs, articles in magazines, or BBS systems. Then you had to send off for it and usually pay for it, if only to cover shipping.  Eventually downloads were made available for distribution to the larger BBS sites. You still might pay ten bucks or so in long distance charges downloading a large patch though on 56k dial-up. Now, companies like WG put out a balance and fix patch every week and "hot-fix" patches every few days if necessary. Yet players still complain. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

I love the openness I am starting to see from WG regarding this type of thing. A year ago, I think something like this would have just been swept under the rug. The last few months seems like you guys are making an effort to keep us players informed of things like this. To make the effort and make a video like this detailing the issues is very nice. It shows you care and also details the long process involved and details to the less patient among us, hopefully building more patience among the player base.  There will always be mistakes, but damage from those mistakes can be minimized with this kind of openness. 

I like getting details on WG testing issues brought up by the player base, such as Missouri dispersion and the recent underwater citadel issue. One was found to be an issue, while the other was not, but having the fact that the issue was looked at and the results of the testing is nice. 

Tell them to keep it up! 

@Pigeon_of_War

There has definitely been some changes in management and hopefully they can keep this new WG going in this direction but it is very hard to make changes to a long set corporate culture.

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Some of you who didn't game back in the "good old days" probably don't remember but games used to be sold and if they had bugs, well, then you could go buy the next one when it came out. Then, came patches. About once or twice in a game's lifespan, there would be a patch. Before the Internet, you had to find out about the need for a patch through either local clubs, articles in magazines, or BBS systems. Then you had to send off for it and usually pay for it, if only to cover shipping.  Eventually downloads were made available for distribution to the larger BBS sites. You still might pay ten bucks or so in long distance charges downloading a large patch though on 56k dial-up. Now, companies like WG put out a balance and fix patch every week and "hot-fix" patches every few days if necessary. Yet players still complain. 

Actually you would hope to get the patch in one of the computer/gaming magazines that had a disc, floppy going far back and CD relatively recently. The one really good thing about the "old" days was that show stopping errors were extremely rare which would require sending new discs to the registered, remember those cards in the software box, owners.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
56 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My first game update I remember was on a floppy disk in a padded envelope...(about 1994 or so)

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

A million ages ago I took an RPG II course, yeah I am old, and couldn't figure out why the program wouldn't compile when out of frustration I took the printout and a ruler and went though it line by line. The problem was a comma instead of a period in the array and the error message didn't point towards it in any way.

RPG II == WORST LANGUAGE EVER!

I'd rather learn to speak Orkish.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
3 hours ago, GreatEagl3 said:

Hay guys its to easy to understand that some peoples have FIOS or fiber optics so those that have this dont have the FPS issues while me I use comcast which have 100 mbps max with cable connections where FIOS has more than this but am getting like jumps of 200 then coming down to like around 35 for pings but the FPS I get jumps around 60 with settings all to low for graphics in game so those with FIOS should not have the FPS problem unless there computer system is older then my system !! If there computer system is older they need to upgrade it or build there own computer gaming system and by doing this they can go to youtube.com to find out how to build there own computer gaming system so you guys should let everyone know this b/c some dont know this yet like I know now !!!

Excuse me ??  White on white?  Convinced no one wants to read what you write?

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

RPG II == WORST LANGUAGE EVER!

I'd rather learn to speak Orkish.

Not really bad, although I agree about learning Orkish, but designed for an era when even big programs were measured in kilobytes and they were stored on punch cards.