Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

Thanks WG and *sarcastic* thanks WG!

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles

Well, as they say - "Lord giveth and Lord taketh away". You can't always have all the good things, but some stuff recently was great, nonetheless. Space Battles are awesome! I love them with passion. It's not often you get opportunity to play a hectic tier-4-style games with T10 ships and without any regard for WTR or other things. Battles are very active, fun and don't linger too long. Most often they are over within 10-12 minutes. And the ships selected for the task are great too, all very fun and promoting active play, with only exception being Aurora. Moskvas bow tank in Randoms and Auroras do the same in Space Battles. But this is only a small occasional hiccup in a very fun and entertaining mode. So great work guys! 

On the less cheerful note... what have WG people been thinking when putting Musashi up as a freemium? The biggest drawback and problem of T9-10 has long been very slow, stationary, bow-tanking gameplay. Missouri that was previous freemium was in some way a healthy addition to the lineup, because with the radar you could push more aggressively and exploit flanking moves, which in turn forced other BBs to stop bow-tanking. That ship was (and is) great, but now instead we have teams with occasionally as many as 3 Musashis per team. End result is obvious. These guys sit at the edge of the map bow tanking everything thrown at them. The only way to sink them is to burn them down and that takes a long time.

In other news - is the next season of Ranked coming (based on the option re-appearing in game modes)? Is it going to be T7?

• Boring 2

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

Nothing wrong with playing Musashi aggressively when the opportunity is there.  I love that ship.

Ranked at T7 is not likely to happen, with WG permanently removing Belfast from the shop.  Belfast is just too good for competitive gameplay, and a lot of veteran players own one.  There will be no end to complaints.  Five will be completely broken by Kamikaze and Giulio Cesare, that really leaves tier six as the best candidate.  They can make money selling Warspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, Mutsu, Molotov, Perth, Makarov, Graf Spee, De Grasse, Duca  d’Aosta, Galant, Aigle, Anshan.  Yeah, I think T6 will be the tier.  Smoke meta changed, no radar available, it will be interesting.

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Nothing wrong with playing Musashi aggressively when the opportunity is there.  I love that ship.

Possible, but just doesn't happen very often.

7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Ranked at T7 is not likely to happen, with WG permanently removing Belfast from the shop.  Belfast is just too good for competitive gameplay, and a lot of veteran players own one.  

Maybe, but then that would imply that T7 is out of ranked forever? Doesn't seem likely. Also I don't think WG cares about balance of ranked that much, instead they release powerful premiums in the shop just before ranked seasons.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,399 battles
12 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Ranked at T7 is not likely to happen, with WG permanently removing Belfast from the shop.  Belfast is just too good for competitive gameplay, and a lot of veteran players own one.  There will be no end to complaints.  Five will be completely broken by Kamikaze and Giulio Cesare, that really leaves tier six as the best candidate.  They can make money selling Warspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, Mutsu, Molotov, Perth, Makarov, Graf Spee, De Grasse, Duca  d’Aosta, Galant, Aigle, Anshan.  Yeah, I think T6 will be the tier.  Smoke meta changed, no radar available, it will be interesting.

Actually geser98’s question re: the next Ranked season being Tier 7 is quite reasonable & fits WGs rotation of using Tiers 6-8.  This is actually a likely tier for the next Ranked season.

WRT the Belfast, the last season at T7 was before the smoke mechanic change - even then, having a Belfast still didn’t guarantee a win if a player or team were experienced enough.  One ship alone is unlikely to be a reason for WG to skip this tier because T7 is actually a very popular tier for a lot of Premiums.

[TF16B]
Members
8,008 posts
16,964 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

2 hours ago, geser98 said:

Possible, but just doesn't happen very often.

I can’t get those supposedly lolpen shells to work worth a flying large rodent’s bottom unless I’m close; preferably 10k or closer; therefore I’m always aggressive in Mushi...

...beyond that RNG gives me a big fat middle finger, laughs, and asks; ‘do you like your lolfail overpens singly? or in gross lots?’

I want at least one more T5 Ranked season for completely selfish, personal reasons.

Sign in to follow this