Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

VICTORY...Wait what?

10 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles

My last space battle for the day, was a victory, and it was amazing.

20180403222219_1.thumb.jpg.4cf8ab940cce529dd3e32f4c40ebe0c4.jpg

However:

20180403222221_1.thumb.jpg.3fa84be5d199502f203f1cc1b88f4887.jpg

I thought if all ships on both sides died, the game was supposed to end in a draw?

OH, and if you happen to have been a part of this battle, and are reading this: This sucked for the side that lost, I totally agree. But that does not change how I feel about the match overall; which the match was awesome. Best Space battle match I have had since this whole thing started; and no, I'm not talking about the experience I've gained, I'm talking overall enjoyment, and the way it ended (except the fact it should've been a draw, which confuses me).

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

if only we had a replay...

yeah, can only hope one of the other players in the match has one, and shares it, because I don't do replays. Despite how small the replay files are, I don't have much room on my hard drive

[FGNE]
Members
362 posts
2,494 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon1998 said:

it's possiable that the shells hit your last ship and killed him a split second after your's killed their's, it's happened before

Yup, this happened to me once.

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,637 battles
4 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

yeah, can only hope one of the other players in the match has one, and shares it, because I don't do replays. Despite how small the replay files are, I don't have much room on my hard drive

Then please, give us a narrative, so that we too... can enjoy your victory as much as you have.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Then please, give us a narrative, so that we too... can enjoy your victory as much as you have.

I'm only able to describe what happened at the end, not everything in between, because it was the ending that I truly focused on what was happening:

It was one AllDestroyer, versus an AllDestroyer and a Zaya, my team had the lone All Destroyer. The Enemy AllDestroyer inched ever closer trying to Ram. Friendly AllDestroyer wasn't going to have it. Both continued to fire main batteries at each other. Our AllDestroyer survives and defeats the enemy, only to still have to deal with a Zaya that was at or near full health (Can't remember). The Two draw close to each other, and as they do so I type into chat for my AllDestroyer only to see "Ramming Speed." I meant that as a joke, because just a little longer, and with secondaries firing at the Zaya, it would have sunk... However, I guess the AllDestroyer took it seriously, and literally rammed him, killing both of them. The cause of death, for both ships came up as "ramming."

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
13 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I'm only able to describe what happened at the end, not everything in between, because it was the ending that I truly focused on what was happening:

It was one AllDestroyer, versus an AllDestroyer and a Zaya, my team had the lone All Destroyer. The Enemy AllDestroyer inched ever closer trying to Ram. Friendly AllDestroyer wasn't going to have it. Both continued to fire main batteries at each other. Our AllDestroyer survives and defeats the enemy, only to still have to deal with a Zaya that was at or near full health (Can't remember). The Two draw close to each other, and as they do so I type into chat for my AllDestroyer only to see "Ramming Speed." I meant that as a joke, because just a little longer, and with secondaries firing at the Zaya, it would have sunk... However, I guess the AllDestroyer took it seriously, and literally rammed him, killing both of them. The cause of death, for both ships came up as "ramming."

Who was ahead on points just before that last kill? If you guys were up by enough to offset the loss in points from a friendly battleship, then perhaps the game took that into account.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
5 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Who was ahead on points just before that last kill? If you guys were up by enough to offset the loss in points from a friendly battleship, then perhaps the game took that into account.

Since you asked, my team was ahead by points. We broke 900... I can't remember where the enemy was in points. They had two caps, we had one, when the game ended. For a large portion of the game, my team held two. And the Zaya capped the center point (it was the meteor storm map). But if we had won by points, it would not be saying "All enemy warships destroyed" as the reason for victory... would it?

Sign in to follow this