You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
walleye_invader

NEW operation bot settings

24 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,935 battles

What in the hell has happened to the bots in Operations?  I get that they were a little easy a few weeks ago but the current changes are ridiculous.  The bots now appear to have GOD aim and when you do hit them your only doing half the damage you once did as there are either more shatter or deflections going on.  I understand that they were going to make some adjustments to make things a little harder but this is just silly.  WoWs needs to learn to test this stuff better and not just toss out a tweak in the game mechanics and hope to adjust it on the fly as they always seem to screw up the first attempts and mess the balance up when they adjust things.  For example,  if the current operation "Defence of Naval Station Newport' has a ship break the line then they start the main assault and throw well over a dozen ships all at once on you - wth?!?!  If you failed to stop the other ship just wipe the damn attempt and call it a loss.  DO NOT insult the players by now flooding them with ships as punishment.  This is a game ffs and is supposed to be fun - rather than waste time tweaking old content - maybe try spending some time on adding new content???!??!??  And I do not mean like adding a single map with new skins called space wars for April Fools.  Make new content - new maps with new objectives and new battle layouts for randoms and operations.  If you want to make things harder - then enable the harder modes on operations for increased rewards and have multiple levels to the operations where you can work up to the hard settings instad of simply failing repeatedly and taking all the fun out of a game.  You biting the hands that feeds you WoWs when you screw over the average player like this in operations changes being drastically harder.  It is a good way to lose paying players such as myself.

Edited by walleye_invader
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Bot may be accurate but they are still predictable.

They show up like clockwork in designated area's.

Predictable Courses and Tactics.

Whats so hard ? 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

I keep getting citadeled through the bow from 15km away in my De Grasse. Something definitely changed. 

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

Defense of Naval Station Newport, is in my opinion the worst operation as far as the team completing it goes, so I just wait another week to do the ones that are more viable. The way the team spawns is one of the reasons that it sucks and the ships disappearing right away is way stupid too. What spotted them in the first place and where did it go?

[INTEL]
Members
8,457 posts
25,353 battles
8 hours ago, walleye_invader said:

What in the hell has happened to the bots in Operations?  I get that they were a little easy a few weeks ago but the current changes are ridiculous.  The bots now appear to have GOD aim and when you do hit them your only doing half the damage you once did as there are either more shatter or deflections going on.  I understand that they were going to make some adjustments to make things a little harder but this is just silly.  WoWs needs to learn to test this stuff better and not just toss out a tweak in the game mechanics and hope to adjust it on the fly as they always seem to screw up the first attempts and mess the balance up when they adjust things.  For example,  if the current operation "Defence of Naval Station Newport' has a ship break the line then they start the main assault and throw well over a dozen ships all at once on you - wth?!?!  If you failed to stop the other ship just wipe the damn attempt and call it a loss.  DO NOT insult the players by now flooding them with ships as punishment.  This is a game ffs and is supposed to be fun - rather than waste time tweaking old content - maybe try spending some time on adding new content???!??!??  And I do not mean like adding a single map with new skins called space wars for April Fools.  Make new content - new maps with new objectives and new battle layouts for randoms and operations.  If you want to make things harder - then enable the harder modes on operations for increased rewards and have multiple levels to the operations where you can work up to the hard settings instad of simply failing repeatedly and taking all the fun out of a game.  You biting the hands that feeds you WoWs when you screw over the average player like this in operations changes being drastically harder.  It is a good way to lose paying players such as myself.

Formatting is OP

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,410 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Defense of Naval Station Newport, is in my opinion the worst operation as far as the team completing it goes, so I just wait another week to do the ones that are more viable. The way the team spawns is one of the reasons that it sucks and the ships disappearing right away is way stupid too. What spotted them in the first place and where did it go?

They were spotted by the warning stations out in the 3 areas of the map where the ships spawn. The ship's go undetected as soon as the warning stations are destroyed.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles
2 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

They were spotted by the warning stations out in the 3 areas of the map where the ships spawn. The ship's go undetected as soon as the warning stations are destroyed.

yet the destroyed stations work for the next waves.

[SSBN]
Members
445 posts
8,573 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

yet the destroyed stations work for the next waves.

They repair over time.  Has always been that way.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles

Newport is not the easiest scenario to begin with AFAIK, but ramping up the bot mechanics can only make this one in particular much worse. I gave it a try a short while ago in the Leander and managed to get a Natural Selection badge; I then tried it again in the Cleveland (twice) and did horribly, but this might be because the Cleveland and its captain are both new and I haven't got the gunnery arcs sorted out in my head yet, so for that reason I'm not quite ready to put it down to newly vicious and capable bots.

I will wait until Killer Whale comes back before I make a final call; I have had no trouble four-starring that one repeatedly, so if it suddenly becomes a regular three or two star thing I'll know there's something to it.

Members
2 posts
1,935 battles

I have no issue with them making the bots better - I think they were to easy in the previous patch.  But they went too far too fast, it isn't even fun when they i can litteraly fire two full salvos at a ship and watch the shells drop on  both sides with zero dropping in the middle for a hit.  They did more than just up the aim on these bots, they messed with the dispersion as well and not in a small way.  when your distance and aim is on center and the correct range and a full salvo - twice mind you - goes to the left and right with nothing in the middle then they screwed with something bigtime.  last week those would have been several strikes with some hits, some over pens, some shatters, or some deflections not a zero contact with the ship.....  it needs to be fixed

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

IMHO, the best Ops was Dunkirk, and the ones that followed went progressively worse with each one. Kinda like seeing sequels to movies. First one is great, but the following ones are garbage. Hard to repeat a winner. :Smile_Default:

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,617 battles

I like the Bot AI in the scenarios just fine. I have noticed that their aim has improved, along with their fire chance, which can be problematic when you're the last player left alive on your team. Still, I like the challenge.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts

after i get each operation's bonus of 5 stars, what's the point keep playing it?

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

after i get each operation's bonus of 5 stars, what's the point keep playing it?

Farming credits?

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts
3 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Farming credits?

the credit earning is not impressive at all, i think it's less than random, no?

Members
9,871 posts
25 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

the credit earning is not impressive at all, i think it's less than random, no?

N9pq4v4.jpg

Credit earning is good, at least it used to be...probably one of the reasons for the nerf.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

N9pq4v4.jpg

Credit earning is good, at least it used to be...probably one of the reasons for the nerf.

well with this good game you make more in random, unless you really like to fight bots

Members
9,871 posts
10 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

well with this good game you make more in random, unless you really like to fight bots

Except you could do it consistently and win in ops....so over a period of time competent players could actually make more.

Members
1,819 posts
32 minutes ago, awiggin said:

N9pq4v4.jpg

Yeah but they need some things for players who dont like or who arent good at randoms. Unless they actually want them to leave.

Edited by Kconvey_1

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles

I used to logoff/logon when I had 3 bad teams in a row in random, to try to change my streak before I gave up for the night.  Now if I have a few bad teams in a row, instead I just drop in and play a few operations instead.  Better than chasing a losing streak for the entire night (especially on weekends/holidays).

Members
9,871 posts
12 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Yeah but they need some things for players who dont like or who arent good at randoms. Unless they actually want them to leave.

Not arguing that point...WG seems oblivious to who plays the game, and they are going to once again push players away in their attempts to make them play random.

But they don't seem inclined to change the business plan, so once again, they try and make the player base something it's not.....serious.:Smile_amazed:

Members
1,819 posts
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Not arguing that point...WG seems oblivious to who plays the game, and they are going to once again push players away in their attempts to make them play random.

But they don't seem inclined to change the business plan, so once again, they try and make the player base something it's not.....serious.:Smile_amazed:

Randoms are NOT good for the less skilled player, they just arent. 

Its something they seem to have no awareness of sometimes.

Ive called this the ettin syndrome, a new developer or team comes in and decides random is the only way to play, and it stays that way till that team leaves. 

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

N9pq4v4.jpg

Nice game, BTW. I'll take those credits any day of the week including Sunday. :cap_like: