You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Nelson or Yamato?

Nelson or yamato  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better for my needs

• Nelson
    • Yamato

31 comments in this topic

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

I've been thinking about this. I might get one of these when the free xp conversion happens. Which would be more more fun? Might be a pretty dumb question but I'm wondering which one is better based off of fun factor. 

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Pure fun factor? Nelson is an easy win in my opinion.

Yamato is unforgiving and difficult compared to nelson and its damage quirk is harder to abuse. And who doesn't like full forward rotation and HE citadels?

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Nelson on a good day.

On a bad day? Nelson.

Any day. Nelson. Way more fun.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
11,353 battles

FXP Nelson cause it is a FXP bote, then grind Yamato cause it's a tec tree bote.

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

Usually I recommend the YAMATO to die hard BB drivers, but for you the Nelson but there are other ships that are fun. YAMATO is a BB support ship with top guns in the games however she is not a stand alone BB. The Nelson other the it looks weird as hell for a BB. I really cant comment on it really. Rest assured, the YAMATO is only fun if helped by the fleet. I would not recommend it for you. IF you want the Nelson then by all means go get it. I dont know much about it to guarantee your fun factor.. Cheers !

Edited by Navalpride33

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Nelson is a blast. Can't speak for Yamato, but Nelson is my slump-buster.

Members
1,246 posts
20,656 battles

Yea, but Yammy Whammy...!  If you don't have Musashi, that's a lot of fun.  You sometimes see T7 ships, which is a nice break.

Clown shoes may work for you though, if you like the RN way.

Edited by slokill_1
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

FXP Nelson cause it is a FXP bote, then grind Yamato cause it's a tec tree bote.

I think they were talking of the Sister.

Alpha Tester
2,731 posts
4,352 battles

Nelson. The BB that can spam HE all day and be ignored...

It's worth every points of FEXP for me...

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

How much credits does nelson make? Is it like a normal tier 7 premium, or does it get a boost (like Missouri)?

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,736 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

How much credits does nelson make? Is it like a normal tier 7 premium, or does it get a boost (like Missouri)?

Quick look says Nelson is a bit above the average for my Tier 7 Premium ships.

How well the ship produces is highly dependent on how well you do in the ship.

That said, Nelson is my best credit earner for a BB at Tier 7.  My best Tier 7 ship is the Sims, but I likely do better in destroyers (at least as far as doing the actions that earn credits).

[SIM]
Members
2,448 posts
4,080 battles

I'm assuming that you're actually asking about Nelson or Musashi, as Yamato is a tech tree non-premium. In either case, the Nelson is a fun and punchy battleship with a great repair party gimmick that thumbs its nose at the fire and HE spam meta. You have to be wary of planes and DDs, but that's not too unusual for mid-tier BBs. She's a blast to play, performs well, and makes a decent amount of credits.

Musashi is a one-dimensional brick of a ship that is terrible against the fire and HE spam meta, will attract every type of bomber in the same hemisphere as your ship, and is really only any good against other battleships and cruisers that rely on AP. She's sluggish, her guns are unreliable, and she exists in a frustrating nexus of being simultaneously over and underpowered. I have the ship and I freaking revile it. I'd advise you to avoid it at all costs.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
11,353 battles
9 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I would free XP yamato because I don't like the Amagi or Izumo. 

Amagi is a good bote, I get wanting to skip Izumo though (not really as bad as she is made out to be... but still bad lol)

But if you don't like high tier IJN BBs... then you might not like Yamato either, def get Nelson, its a fun ship to play.

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

I would recommend the Nelson. MM with tier 7's is always fun, has glorious British HE, short-fused AP that can wreck cruisers, and the fact Nelson can heal back ALOT of fire damage, I don't regret spending my FXP towards it.

Alpha Tester
2,731 posts
4,352 battles
39 minutes ago, RighteousRhyno said:

I would recommend the Nelson. MM with tier 7's is always fun, has glorious British HE, short-fused AP that can wreck cruisers, and the fact Nelson can heal back ALOT of fire damage, I don't regret spending my FXP towards it.

That too. The zombie heal will astonish you for sure - you can literally heal through fire with that. Timing the heal well will make you have something like effective 100k HP...assuming you don't get citadel at some point (it's actually very vunerable to citadel, but its fighting style tend to avoid showing broadside).

Members
2,274 posts
7,368 battles

Just get both, use your free XP to get Nelson and gringo your way to Yamato. Both are worth. Both are good ships. 

Members
17,822 posts
5,087 battles
15 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I don't like the Amagi...

You sir, are dead to me!

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-BSS-]
Members
386 posts
5,956 battles
16 hours ago, X15 said:

Pure fun factor? Nelson is an easy win in my opinion.

Yamato is unforgiving and difficult compared to nelson and its damage quirk is harder to abuse. And who doesn't like full forward rotation and HE citadels?

This is true, the main issue for Yamato is the Teir 10 meta, Yamato is a non factor most matches 

[ENDVR]
Members
370 posts
5,220 battles

The real question is can you live without a Nelson or can you avoid bashing your head into a wall with Izumo?

[KNTAI]
Members
173 posts
4,770 battles
18 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Skipping Amagi/Izumo is the biggest fatal mistake you will ever make once you actually get to play Yamato.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

I have the Montana, Conqueror and Yamato, fun factor alone the Conqueror came out on top, even more fun than CA and DD!  British BB are the ultimate HE spamming troll ship in the game.  :cap_rambo:

[-BSS-]
Members
386 posts
5,956 battles
19 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Amagi is a fun ship, Izumo can be surprisingly good once upgraded, secondary spec bow tanking style.

Im wondering how sure you are that you would find the Yamato worth burning all the credits and XP to get to, try it in clan wars ? Videos?

A safer bet is to just go up the line naturally, maybe even hold off on spending your XP as a few more ships are likely coming that can be purchased with XP.

Maybe neither of your options are outstanding ?