You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLutherx

Why WG is so bad at administrating this game?

117 comments in this topic

[STP]
Members
100 posts
9,554 battles

I simply don't understand why WG won't get rid of this useless mechanic called detonation, it is simply [edited]. It is not fair. How the hell am I supposed to win in a game with 3 detonating allies? This isn't a simulation so the approach of real naval battles is completely useless. It is unfair, it is useless and WG won't remove it. Not mentioning the constant presence of AFKs. How can a company that have such q beautiful and nice game, be so bad at administering it?

shot-18.04.03_22.28.03-0699.jpg

shot-18.04.03_22.28.05-0188.jpg

shot-18.04.03_22.28.08-0076.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 10

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
16 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

I simply don't understand why WG won't get rid of this useless mechanic called detonation, it is simply [edited]. It is not fair. How the hell am I supposed to win in a game with 3 detonating allies? This isn't a simulation so the approach of real naval battles is completely useless. It is unfair, it is useless and WG won't remove it. Not mentioning the constant presence of AFKs. How can a company that have such q beautiful and nice game, be so bad at administering it?

1.  Are you incapable of writing a post without swearing?

2. There's not one bloody thing wrong with detonations.  What's wrong is all the whining wusses!!!  You don't like it, go somewhere else!!!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,040 posts
1,087 battles

you're making an ocean out of a puddle. If detonations made as such a large impact that you're implying they do, then they would've changed or removed that feature a long time ago.  As for the AFKs, how is WG supposed to fix AFK players?  Do they kick them from the game, in which case you're still down 1 ship? Do they turn them into bots to play for the away player? If so, then when should the bot take over? 1min, 5min 10min, what if the player comes back mid-battle, Does the bot give back controls or do they just sit there until the game is over to get their ship back? 

I highly doubt WG would bother with making this kind of system unless it becomes a real problem that affects matches on a highly constant basis; not just the ones you remember *because* there was an afk. At that point it would be more of a question of why so many people are AFKing, is it technical errors? An unknown exploit for lots of xp/credits? 

it's dumb to just say "I don't like these, why aren't they fixed/changed" when you're not the only one playing the game

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles

I hope I am not the only one to think Wow! Three detonations on one team in a match, what are the odds?

• Cool 2

Members
659 posts
4,243 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

2. There's not one bloody thing wrong with detonations.  What's wrong is all the whining wusses!!!  You don't like it, go somewhere else!!!

There is a lot wrong with detonations and always has been. No one has ever been able to offer a reasonable defense for them being present in this game. But I eagerly await the realism and immersion defenses in the same game where practically every round two friendly warships steam at full speed into each other and just bounce and slide off each other like bumper cars. 

• Cool 3

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

You must be really unfortunate to see more than one detonation per match on your team.

[STP]
Members
100 posts
9,554 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Of course, for average players like you this is another loss, but for me those are terrible games that my team could do nothing against it because of this useless mechanic...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[-K-]
Supertester
5,140 posts
8,913 battles
1 minute ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Detonations are so infrequent that if it happens to you, just be thankful for the flags and move on.

Three of his allies detonated... he doesn't get any flags for that. 

• Cool 4

[STP]
Members
100 posts
9,554 battles

And don't come with that useless talk about flags, because they run out... And I will have to pray to get detonated so it doesn't happen in ranked or CW, simply there is no reason for this to exist

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SALTY]
Members
116 posts
4,204 battles

There's no reason for detonation to be in the game other than to troll players. It's not a fun mechanic. It's a waste of resources. If WG ever wanted to signal a shift towards addressing issues with the game, removing detonation outright would be a great gesture. 

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
8 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

Of course, for average players like you this is another loss, but for me those are terrible games that my team could do nothing against it because of this useless mechanic...

Wow.  So much elitism.  So much butthurt.   If I was into using memes, I'd break out one of a crying baby.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
367 posts
8,957 battles

But muh Hood

:fish_boom:

But muh HISTORAHCAL ACCURAACEE

(Yes its not fun, no it isn't going away.  If these threads had that kinda power, it never would have made it past CBT with detonations in game.)

:cap_haloween:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
6 minutes ago, harikari25 said:

There's no reason for detonation to be in the game other than to troll players. It's not a fun mechanic. It's a waste of resources. If WG ever wanted to signal a shift towards addressing issues with the game, removing detonation outright would be a great gesture. 

Another butthurt unicum heard from.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
5 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

I don't see this to really be any different than three team mates yolo'ing and dying quickly. Your team either recovers or it doesn't.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,140 posts
8,913 battles
4 minutes ago, harikari25 said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan. When I get detonated, I enjoy the game less. When I detonate someone else, I just feel bad. 

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

But muh Hood

:fish_boom:

But muh HISTORAHCAL ACCURAACEE

(Yes its not fun, no it isn't going away.  If these threads had that kinda power, it never would have made it past CBT with detonations in game.)

:cap_haloween:

I think that it's great fun because it's REAL!!!  

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Oh, another detonation thread.  <Yawn>.  They've already made it so you can't be detonated above 75%, but I guess people will still whine.

Have some cheese to go with it.

[STP]
Members
100 posts
9,554 battles

Average excuse for being average... Butthurt for not being a better player? Envious maybe?

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan. When I get detonated, I enjoy the game less. When I detonate someone else, I just feel bad. 

I don't like getting vaporized but I like taking a devastating strike far less, at least I get some flags to use in CW & Ranked for my trouble.

Just now, Crucis said:

They are period flavor.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,928 posts
6,424 battles
36 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

5oEAR5H.gif

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,140 posts
8,913 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, if you're all about realism, I'm not sure why you play WoWs at all. Pretty much the only thing that remotely resembles reality is the appearance of the ships. As for game balance and "fun factor", realism is rarely a good metric to use. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
37 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

Second reply...

My god, another moron whining about AFKs!!!  Get a damned clue!  Real life trumps the game, every single time, whether you want to admit it or not, whether you like it or not.  People have family emergencies, or power/internet outages or burps, or a zillion other things that happen that might cause them to go afk for a short time or even the entire battle.  DEAL WITH IT!!!!

• Bad 2