You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

Should I go British, French or Japanese for a ship line?

14 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles

And let me guess...you want to know how to get to tier 10 as fast as possible?

Members
1,121 posts
3,141 battles

Range isn't important. Sitting at 20km isn't going to help your team in any way. The closer you get, the better your guns will perform. That being said, Japanese battleships operate better at a longer range than most other battleship.s 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,040 posts
1,087 battles

The IJN BBs have the highest range and pretty solid armor. which is why so many people play them

The RN BBs have slightly better armor, a lot worse range but do include their HE and heal gimmicks

The French have worse range then IJN, but slightly better than RN. Their armor is worse than either.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
55 minutes ago, ImperiumDylan said:

I like Armament range and Armour (even at the expense of speed). 

I see this as you.

pg5uDR3.gif

• Funny 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

UK BBs are very durable, but slow and with mediocre range.

French BBs have meh durability, but are very fast and with good range

IJN BBs have meh durability, and aren't that fast, but have the best range.

A word about range: At ranged of beyond 15km, BBs are useless. They aren't tanking, aren't spotting, and can't support a push. Besides, the dispersion is too inaccurate to deal damage. Try to be between 12 and 15km as a rule. With this range, you can tank some, won't get focused, can shift to support pushing, and will hit more often. If you watch replays on Youtube, they tend to be at this range (or closer with brawling ships) for best results.

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
42 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

And let me guess...you want to know how to get to tier 10 as fast as possible?

That was a different thread he posted. You must have gotten confused.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
162 posts
3,493 battles

Hi ImperiumDylan,

Did you figure out your playstyle yet?  You posted that question a little earlier today. 

I'm far from an expert but I think you're searching for something but not sure what it is.  I suggest you get a tier III or IV cruiser and play at least 100 games with it.  Then you're in a position to start to evaluate what you want to do.  Based on my experience, the lower level cruisers are the most "universal". 

Hope things work out.

Members
6 posts
486 battles

If its Battleships, then I would totally pick the French. Loving every bit! However, its the Japanese that have the serious base range. America gives you the tankiest. German BBs are probably the best for a balance of protection/firepower. British can be boiled down to fires and concealment

[SYN]
Members
4,526 posts
11,433 battles

I'm guessing no one recognized the OP's username or bothered to look up his thread history.

You guys are being trolled like nobody's business.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm guessing no one recognized the OP's username or bothered to look up his thread history.

You guys are being trolled like nobody's business.

Potentially, but we're giving generally good info, so if someone with a similar (honest) question looks here, they'll get something useful out of it.

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,893 battles
2 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

I like Armament range and Armour (even at the expense of speed). 

Japanese battleships do best at range, but the low tier ships are awful (Tier 6 on are fine). 

British and German battleships tend to have good armour, but are generally better at mid-range. 

French battleships are also better at mid range, but they have less armour. 

American battleships Tier 8-10 are very good - mobility, armour and firepower. But the lower tier ships are bad to awful. 

As a battleship, try to stay close to your team and about 10-14km from your enemies (depending on nationality). A lone battleship is a dead battleship.