You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,584 battles

Anywho, given that Clans which participate in Clan Wars get a discount on the rostral column, many clans have sizable oil reserves with nothing to spend it on. My proposal is to have oil be used to unlock various ships for clan members which could then be purchased for credits, doubloons, or free xp. For example, Flint could be unlocked for 20k oil and be purchasable for 12M credits.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

I suspect that we will see the 'personal wallet' added at some point and that we might get to use the oil we earn maybe as the alternate way to get the Stalingrad as they have said it will be available through another means. Pure speculation.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
7 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Anywho, given that Clans which participate in Clan Wars get a discount on the rostral column, many clans have sizable oil reserves with nothing to spend it on. My proposal is to have oil be used to unlock various ships for clan members which could then be purchased for credits, doubloons, or free xp. For example, Flint could be unlocked for 20k oil and be purchasable for 12M credits.

An interesting idea; my only question would be whether this oil-based unlock would apply to all members of the clan, or be something you'd have to "buy" for each individual purchaser. Either or, somehow I don't quite think that this is something WG would be comfortable with doing. Another problem with such a thing is that someone could join a clan, earn enough oil to access the bonuses (and the ship unlock), and then immediately leaving that clan with their ship.

I could see other uses for it, though, such as more buildings (the Italian research center, for instance) or groups of facilities to be added later down the line. One possibility would be a Joint Operations Center, which could contain buildings that, when purchased and unlocked, could increase the rewards and decrease the service costs for high-tier Co-op matches by a certain percentage.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Our Clan is moving to a 50 member status this month. Our Oil is accumulating at a very good pace.Our personal wallets are growing as well.

I think a Captains Academy would be the perfect addition to the Clan Port. +25% to Captain Exp/Elite Captains Exp for members of The Clan.

Our personal Wallets can be used in the premium Shop for High Discounts. 300 oil = 10% exponentially multiplied up to 70% posible. All Items dependant on availability. 

• Cool 2

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,584 battles
18 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

An interesting idea; my only question would be whether this oil-based unlock would apply to all members of the clan, or be something you'd have to "buy" for each individual purchaser. Either or, somehow I don't quite think that this is something WG would be comfortable with doing. Another problem with such a thing is that someone could join a clan, earn enough oil to access the bonuses (and the ship unlock), and then immediately leaving that clan with their ship.

I could see other uses for it, though, such as more buildings (the Italian research center, for instance) or groups of facilities to be added later down the line. One possibility would be a Joint Operations Center, which could contain buildings that, when purchased and unlocked, could increase the rewards and decrease the service costs for high-tier Co-op matches by a certain percentage.

The oil price would unlock for the entire clan, but the second price (credits/doubloons/free xp) would be on an individual basis; in addition to contributing a certain level of oil to the treasury.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

The oil price would unlock for the entire clan, but the second price (credits/doubloons/free xp) would be on an individual basis; in addition to contributing a certain level of oil to the treasury.

Okay, but any oil earned by a player automatically goes to his or her clan's treasury—if they are in a clan when they earn it, of course.

But like I said, I highly doubt that WG would go this route; the Flint and Black are supposed to be overpowered rewards for embarking upon one of the more arduous grinds known to the modern gamer. If they did, I should think that the unlock price would far exceed 20,000 barrels of oil—multiply it by three at minimum, and that'd just be for the Flint. The Black would require at least 100k in oil.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, JediMasterDraco said:

You can have my oil when you hack it from my cold dead account.

*Calls Russia* 

"Oi? Putin-san? Yeah... I have this guy I want you to hack for me, mhmm yeah, he has oil, so you can gain something from it. Thanks, I knew I could rely on you." :Smile_trollface:

That's it from me here lol, I've derailed this slightly! HAhah~ 

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
31 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

*Calls Russia* 

"Oi? Putin-san? Yeah... I have this guy I want you to hack for me, mhmm yeah, he has oil, so you can gain something from it. Thanks, I knew I could rely on you." :Smile_trollface:

That's it from me here lol, I've derailed this slightly! HAhah~ 

Of course it could be argued that oil didn't just get us Americans in trouble—those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Tanker-san.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[B2P]
[B2P]
Members
278 posts
7,440 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 5:34 PM, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Another problem with such a thing is that someone could join a clan, earn enough oil to access the bonuses (and the ship unlock), and then immediately leaving that clan with their ship.

This could be solved by having a time being member of the clan, for example 180 days, or an amount of oil required to get access to the ship, one being the clan's oil and the other personal oil, let's say 5k oil for example 

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 8:20 PM, JediMasterDraco said:

More buildings are coming. They mentioned that T9 & T10 ship silver discount buildings are planned. Plus other unspecified buildings.

I would like to see a credit bonus building like +10% for each nation.

We have 19k oil to go for the 50 members building, so I will push we get that before any new buildings.