You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hawk_396

Move Kutuzov to Tier7

68 comments in this topic

Members
1 post

Dear WG, please consider moving the Kutuzov to tier 7 from tier 8.  Most battles I play with it is against T9 & T10 and I literally get blown out of the water within minutes.  Thus I’m not helping the team at all.  It can’t take the big hit from those high tier guns no matter what angle I play, and its guns (152mm) do very little damage.

Anyone else notice this change?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 18
  • Angry 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,932 posts
6,435 battles
2 minutes ago, Hawk_396 said:

Dear WG, please consider moving the Kutuzov to tier 7 from tier 8.  Most battles I play with it is against T9 & T10 and I literally get blown out of the water within minutes.  Thus I’m not helping the team at all.  It can’t take the big hit from those high tier guns no matter what angle I play, and its guns (152mm) do very little damage.

you cant be serious. Kutuzov at T7 would be OP

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
779 posts
6,638 battles

You want to move the statistically #1, borderline overpowered premium tier eight cruiser down one tier? I think this is a PEBCAK issue rather than the ship not performing up to par.

• Cool 2

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,743 battles

Nope. Kutuzov performs just fine even when bottom tiered. 

• Funny 1

Members
505 posts
3,463 battles

Totally agree.  But, you should have paired the Belfast to that request to move it to Tier VI.  It's equally irritating that we have to face Tier IX ships in the puny Belfast.  At Tier VI, it's natural home, it would be perfectly balanced.  Please add this rider to your request and I'm all in.  

• Funny 2

WoWS Community Contributors
146 posts
7,361 battles

Kutz performs perfectly fine bottom-tiered. Infact, I think its one of the few ships people prefer to get uptiered in, just so they can do more damage. There's a reason it isn't sold anymore.

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

If your 152mm guns aren't doing any damage, it's because the enemy ship is dead from the fires you have wrought upon it.

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

The ship maneuvers well enough, at least at the distance you should be from reds anyway. You have smoke for when things get really nasty and honestly, if you find yourself using smoke often, it's because you got too close. Stay out and snipe, catch ships on fire, and look for those who repair too early and set them on fire again. The ship is a pest...be that pest; goad BB's to fire at you and dodge. That's a wasted salvo. Play it to its strengths.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,132 battles

You realize that the New US cruiser line will have 152mm guns all the way to tier 10 right? =p

Members
505 posts
3,463 battles
6 minutes ago, Your_GRE_Score said:

Kutz performs perfectly fine bottom-tiered. Infact, I think its one of the few ships people prefer to get uptiered in, just so they can do more damage. There's a reason it isn't sold anymore.

Not only that..it loves getting uptiered into CV games as well.

Pretty sure this "long time reader first time poster" is a trolling.

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,932 posts
6,435 battles

some days i wonder if WG should just put down the forums like a badly injured animal, threads like this one are why i feel that

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,628 battles

Tell me that's a late try for a April joke.

Members
3,295 posts
7,966 battles
21 minutes ago, Hawk_396 said:

You're joking like an April Fool.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,876 battles

Ludicrous, your request is, Hmmm. Rush in, you should not.

Yoda.jpeg.103de489d3289162a6f90bdbfd59f576.jpeg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles
23 minutes ago, Hawk_396 said:

Sir, I am not trying to insult you when I say that you just need to work a little more on playing the Kutuzov more effectively. Learning how to maximize its strengths and minimize its weaknesses. If you are getting blown out of the water in minutes than you are making inexperienced mistakes and exposing yourself to getting deleted.

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

I am speechless, The KUTUZOV is not a mushy ship like

• Atlanta
  • Minotaur

The KUTUZOV is very tanky and very annoying to BB drivers especially MO drivers. Its impossible to get 42k DMG from one salvo to the KUTUZOV, if you see that, then its your fault. very bad idea to lower her any further.. BUT a word of caution, if  a friendly BB driver get to close to your HE shells in smoke, you are going to catch him on fire. and when that happens you will end up with 14 games picks on just a 7 shells 1 fire hit on him. Be careful

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
24 minutes ago, Hawk_396 said:

You apparently haven't figured Kutuzov out.  If you are getting blasted out of the water that easily, you are making yourself too much of a target.  Use islands more, use smoke more, use range more, use rudder more, or use all of the above more.  It took me several games to figure her out, too.  Kutuzov needs no help.  There is a reason WG decided to not sell her again.  When played properly, she is just nasty.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles

Yeah!  Move Kutuzov to the Premium Shop!

(That is was OP said, right?)