Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jbonjour9

So on the Republique...

16 comments in this topic

[78THB]
Members
96 posts
4,319 battles

So i have the Republique, and i love the ship btw. But Anyways im at 17/19 and trying to decide if adrenaline rush will be good on her. Has anyone tried that point out on her? I assume it would be good on her as the main gun fire rate is already high and if you run secondary build it would be good with that to. Thoughts everyone? :)

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

Base ROF doesn't really affect how AR affects her. 10% DPM is 10% DPM.

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,329 battles

Go for it. You'll get an average of 17-18 seconds throughout the game.

Plus, it works on the secondaries too.

Edited by yacskn

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

AR is a must have on any ship (edit: except CV), especially on BB - the type specifically designed to soak damage.  Having said that, the one unique French captain we got has collection of bonuses that make him highly desirable on Republique, and he does have extra bonus to AR.  So AR on Republique is double must have with that captain.

Edited by Ramsalot

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles

Not to derail but since you really seem to like the Republique, is she really worth grinding for?  I was gunho about it and am only about 200k XP from getting her but after playing her on the PTS about 15-20 matches, her wonkie dispersion kind of got me questioning if it was really worth it to burn the special flags and camo to grind that last 200k?  I guess I am curious what you love about it.

[SIDE]
Members
713 posts
3,116 battles
34 minutes ago, Lert said:

Base ROF doesn't really affect how AR affects her. 10% DPM is 10% DPM.

It would be 15% from the Unique french commander. =D Even better!

Members
1,766 posts
17,303 battles
17 minutes ago, Merlox said:

It would be 15% from the Unique french commander. =D Even better!

Actually it's normally 20% (.2% x 100% HP) & the unique French commander makes it 25% (.25% x 100% HP).

56 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:

So i have the Republique, and i love the ship btw. But Anyways im at 17/19 and trying to decide if adrenaline rush will be good on her. Has anyone tried that point out on her? I assume it would be good on her as the main gun fire rate is already high and if you run secondary build it would be good with that to. Thoughts everyone? :)

At 92,400 HP & a 24 second reload (w/out any upgrade enhancements) if you get taken down to 924 HP you will get an 18 second reload (if you tend to stagger your volleys as opposed to full volleys that averages out from 12 second 1/2 volleys to 9 second 1/2 volleys). The question is do you find yourself being taken down that often or do you use it more long range behind cover & not get hit that often...it's kinda wasted if you are a camper until maybe the end of the battle whereas if you like to push it gets charged earlier & is a valuable skill (lessens the downside of taking a couple torp hits when your guns are ready to fire faster to get revenge on the assaulting DD)...& even if you hit the repair party immediately it doesn't immediately bring your HP up but builds gradually so the effects will slowly diminish while still being there somewhat as your HP builds back up.

Edit: & that's not even taking into account the 2ndary buffs which of course only come into play if you push up to those ranges.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[78THB]
Members
96 posts
4,319 battles
2 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Not to derail but since you really seem to like the Republique, is she really worth grinding for?  I was gunho about it and am only about 200k XP from getting her but after playing her on the PTS about 15-20 matches, her wonkie dispersion kind of got me questioning if it was really worth it to burn the special flags and camo to grind that last 200k?  I guess I am curious what you love about it.

I do enjoy her. The guns are accurate (i've had decent dispersion with her, so the fact that some people complain about her...is meh in my opinion), the secondaries are great, the speed is great, shes pretty nimble in my opinion, and torpedo beatsssssssss :) and shes sexy looking (even with the heli pad...wth WG) :P

And for everyone elses comments thx!!! A lot of helpful info!! thx guys! :)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, jbonjour9 said:

Yes I use it on all my BB's

[OPG]
Members
3,866 posts
5,463 battles

Yes, yes and yes.  AR on République is one of the great joys of this game

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,540 posts
13,992 battles

Republique kind of needs the faster main battery reload, which AR is a part of.  Her dispersion with a mere 8 shells is maddening at times, and the faster your guns are back in action, the sooner you can try to get hits again.  With MBM3 and AR kicking, her reload drops to about 18 seconds.  That is Cruiser levels of reloading time with 431mm shells.  This reload speed makes her very dangerous in a brawl setting as Republique will tend to have her guns ready for any and every mistake an opponent makes.  With other BBs, you can bait them to fire at a bad time and they are screwed for 26-30 seconds.  For that duration, you can do whatever you want to them.  With Republique, that window can drop to 18 seconds before those guns are back.

Besides, except for a Carrier, AR is a "Must have" trait.  It's useful on practically every build out there.  Even a DD which prefers not to get hit, can find solace that AR will get those nasty torpedoes back up much sooner if they are still alive with low HP.

Members
49 posts
603 battles
4 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

yes, her 430mm guns are excellent at taking out troll armor CAs and BBs who think broadsideing  at long ranges makes them safe, the only down side is that she melts to CA focus fire even faster then the conq, but that's fair and balaned IMHO, the speed is a bit meh compared to the rest of the line but still decent for a ship her size, and the AA is really good if you dont get shot, IMHO she's one of the most well balanced T10 out there, and not braindead like the conq, and she should be fine if you have a speed boost mod to slap on her for 5 mins of extra honhonhon

Edited by drakon1998
  • Cool 1

[78THB]
Members
96 posts
4,319 battles
1 minute ago, drakon1998 said:

yes, her 430mm guns are excellent at taking out troll armor CAs and BBs who think broadsideing  at long ranges makes them safe, the only down side is that she melts to CA focus fire even faster then the conq, but that's fair and balaned IMHO, the speed is a bit meh compared to the rest of the line but still decent for a ship her size, and the AA is really good if you dont get shot, IMHO she's one of the most balanced T10 BBs out there, and not braindead like the liked of conq

Im not a veteran with her yet, but i do agree with this and i actually really like her playing style, shes a great ship and cant wait to play more games with her!

[78THB]
Members
96 posts
4,319 battles

Again guys thx so much for the REAL info you guys are givining. this is great! This is much better than some people that would just troll! thx so much guys your help is awesome!!!

Members
49 posts
603 battles
1 minute ago, jbonjour9 said:

Im not a veteran with her yet, but i do agree with this and i actually really like her playing style, shes a great ship and cant wait to play more games with her!

one tatic that actually works with her is going to the sides of the map on relative open maps like islands of ice or shatter,  or staying in the middle of some "cage fight" maps like you then form a crossfire with the rest of your team at about 13-15km away from the enemy fleet, if they angle to you they would get blapped by your team and if they dont, well say hi to free citadels, this also makes it very hard for the enemy team to make up their minds about to turn away to kite and they often get burnt down while bowing on and backing off like a idiot

Sign in to follow this