Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pope_Shizzle

My First 300k Game - And Then I Did It Again

37 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles

So, after more than 6,000 battles I've never broken the magical 300k damage in a game mark.  And now I've done it on consecutive days.  First time was in space battle.  I was in the Paris.  I didn't really count this match because it was a space battle.  I got my Republique and in my 3rd match, 300k broken again.  On Ocean, the most magnificent of maps.  Here's some screens of both matches.  Yes, this is a brag thread.  If you have a problem with that, neener, neener, I don't care.  :cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

mh5y4fy.png

Ipe5EhG.png

ELN2Iuj.png

kMkLr0f.png

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
  • Cool 9

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles

Very nice.

Only broke 200k twice, in Warspite and Musashi. 200k will likely forever be a barrier for me.

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,891 battles

I’ve never reached 300k but interestingly my highest score of 268k is also in a republique

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
Just now, Visidious said:

I’ve never reached 300k but interestingly my highest score of 268k is also in a republique

Interesting. I am on the cusp of getting either the Republique or Montana. Inclined towards the former as my spouse is French... vive la France!

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,737 battles

Well played. 

I'm loving the Republique but I am struggling to get over 150k with her because games either have 5 DDs a side, or they end too quickly in a steam roll. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

NICE! I do find it interesting that you did it in pretty much the same ship... I've yet to crack 200k. Crongrates man! 

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,891 battles

I’m interested to know if many of your citadels were at long range, as I kinda feel like the republique has better than expected rng for long range citadels, ie. greater than 14k

These are a big part of hitting the 300k and it’s hard to rack this up all at close range which is the niche the Republique is tending to be cast in but I’m thinking it has more versatility than given credit for

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,891 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Interesting. I am on the cusp of getting either the Republique or Montana. Inclined towards the former as my spouse is French... vive la France!

I have both and would say that the Montana feels more consistent and would recommend the Montana 

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles
1 minute ago, NotoriousRNG said:

Well played. 

I'm loving the Republique but I am struggling to get over 150k with her because games either have 5 DDs a side, or they end too quickly in a steam roll. 

That's the thing.  My second game, on ocean, was a 5 DD per side game.  I had no idea how much damage I'd done until I looked up and saw 296k with only a red Khab and Gearing left.  I got a lucky pen on the Khab and a garbage overpen on the Gearing.  Very lucky to have pulled that one out.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles
2 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I’m interested to know if many of your citadels were at long range, as I kinda feel like the republique has better than expected rng for long range citadels, ie. greater than 14k

These are a big part of hitting the 300k and it’s hard to rack this up all at close range which is the niche the Republique is tending to be cast in but I’m thinking it has more versatility than given credit for

They were at long range.  I consider long range 17km plus.  2 were on the Zao at 20km.  Pure luck.  He turned out, when he should have turned in.  3 were on the DM at 18km.  He was slowing down to take cover in a smoke screen.  The others were on an Alabama and a Musashi at 17km and 19km, respectively.

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,891 battles
1 minute ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

They were at long range.  I consider long range 17km plus.  2 were on the Zao at 20km.  Pure luck.  He turned out, when he should have turned in.  3 were on the DM at 18km.  He was slowing down to take cover in a smoke screen.  The others were on an Alabama and a Musashi at 17km and 19km, respectively.

Thanks for the reply, and interesting results for a ship that is being cast as not good at range based on a lot of things I read at least.

My experience is that it does land nice salvos at range as well

[PRNA]
Beta Testers
18,779 posts
2,925 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Very nice.

Only broke 200k twice, in Warspite and Musashi. 200k will likely forever be a barrier for me.

Dang Lert...Poor seals.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles

Just topped my highest score yesterday (both in Musashi) at 269k (other was 230-240k)...only 2 games above 200k for me...but just recently (while running 10 Yammy battles for HSF containers) started running BBs as mains. IF I reach the 300k mark soon I would expect it to be either the Musashi or Yammy as Yammy is only T10 BB I have camo for (thanx to HSF missions)...although have just enough doubs (5151) saved for Conq camo but only at KGV so it might take awhile for the HE spam queen to get into action (especially as I'll probably drop a few doubs to get camo for 1 of the US cruisers to take advantage of free camos from the split).

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles

Shizzle happens. I can't break the 200,000 barrier, too aggressive I suppose. Nice.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
253 posts
5,779 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Shizzle happens. I can't break the 200,000 barrier, too aggressive I suppose. Nice.

Luck plays a huge amount into it. I had a 300k Yammy game almost a year ago and I'm nowhere near as good as Pope.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
39 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

So, after more than 6,000 battles I've never broken the magical 300k damage in a game mark ... neener, neener

I moved from Russia to US in 1994, and have lived here ever since.  This is the very first time I read the term “neener, neener”.  I have an idea what that is, as I heard it before, but I have never read it, so I had no idea it can be written.  Thank you for that.  I shall use it in every battle now.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I moved from Russia to US in 1994, and have lived here ever since.  This is the very first time I read the term “neener, neener”.  I have an idea what that is, as I heard it before, but I have never read it, so I had no idea it can be written.  Thank you for that.  I shall use it in every battle now.

A childish taunt or jeer pronounced with a nasal sneer, for lack of a more intelligent retort to someone else's jeer or taunt, usually from a peer. Sometimes sung to the tune of "Ring-Around-the-Rosy" for really driving the point home.
or this;
Word of jest or teasing. Similar to saying "ha-ha" or sticking a tongue out at someone.
How was the cafeteria food? I had homecooked turkey and potatoes! Neener-neener!
Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Congrats on the 300k!!

I had my first match on Ocean in almost a year last weekend, Had my highest scoring game ever (a paltry 184k).

I used to think... "Geez, there's nowhere for me to hide". Now I think... "HAHAHA, there's nowhere for them to hide"

Awesome map

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

I have both and would say that the Montana feels more consistent and would recommend the Montana 

Thanks for that. I am inclined that way too.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles
25 minutes ago, Kirishima_Desu said:

Luck plays a huge amount into it. I had a 300k Yammy game almost a year ago and I'm nowhere near as good as Pope.

You're absolutely right about the 300k games being more about luck than skill.  I was lucky that I got those long range citadels.  I was lucky that the bad guys didn't focus me down.  I was lucky that we lost 3 DD's inside 3 minutes because they all sat in a single smoke cloud.  I was lucky that I was taking lots of overpens and not full pens.  That made the reds really careless.  Overall, both teams have to be bad enough and the game lasts long enough for you to do your damage.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
41 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I can't break the 200,000 barrier, too aggressive I suppose. Nice.

Hey know what? Bravo being aggressive. I won't rant on about the scardie-cat BBs who float way back, lobbing some hits at long range, and then swan in late battle with high HP and go 'whoo hoo lookit me we won and I killed two ships' (beaten down to near death by your aggressive BBs and CAs way in front of you.

... cowards

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Very nice. My current barrier is 400k, max is 386, but I have been able to break that for nearly 2 years now, I've come close server time but no love.

Sign in to follow this