You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

*WARNING: SALT AHEAD* I'd hoped that Space Battles, as a fun temporary mode, would be a break from the rampant idiocy of regular matches, but no...

61 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4,715 posts
2,407 battles

Nothing ever changes, it seems. The teams I get put on are still infested with cowards who refuse to PTFO and support ships that are leading a charge (seriously, a Blue Aster should not be forced to contest caps alone against an Aurora and two BBs, an AllDestroyer spec'ed for secondaries should be supported by a good portion of the team as they head for a cap point to fight the enemies at close range, and if a Radar cruiser is called out to die, it should die THAT VERY INSTANT because it needs to in order to the cap to be taken!!!!). As an experiment, WG should massively up the XP and credits gained for killing ships at ranges under 10 km and for killing ships while within a cap point, just to make sure that players will actually charge in and engage the enemy head-on at the caps like they should, rather than sitting in the back cowering in utter moronic fear and ignoring the objective.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,086 battles

Space battles = mostly low/mid tier and/or Co Op players with T10 ships

What did you expect?

Edited by Destroyer_ShimakazeChan
  • Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

Meanwhile I'm just here playing way more aggressively than I ever would in Randoms because stats aren't tracked... 

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,794 posts
4,812 battles

Space battles are about elite XP. If you’re looking for more you’re trying too hard. 

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
819 posts
4,228 battles

It's official!  Hiding in the back, not pushing forward, etc, etc. is a complaint at all tiers.  I guess one option is when someone does push, people don't call them an idiot for getting killed. Sometimes you can't win.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
16 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Nothing ever changes, it seems. The teams I get put on are still infested with cowards who refuse to PTFO and support ships that are leading a charge (seriously, a Blue Aster should not be forced to contest caps alone against an Aurora and two BBs, an AllDestroyer spec'ed for secondaries should be supported by a good portion of the team as they head for a cap point to fight the enemies at close range, and if a Radar cruiser is called out to die, it should die THAT VERY INSTANT because it needs to in order to the cap to be taken!!!!). As an experiment, WG should massively up the XP and credits gained for killing ships at ranges under 10 km and for killing ships while within a cap point, just to make sure that players will actually charge in and engage the enemy head-on at the caps like they should, rather than sitting in the back cowering in utter moronic fear and ignoring the objective.

When these Events come around I just Play Them for my own Selfishness.{ Free Elite Captain Exp} Win or lose I get free Captain EXP that doesn't reflect on my W/R or WTR.

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
10 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It's official!  Hiding in the back, not pushing forward, etc, etc. is a complaint at all tiers.  I guess one option is when someone does push, people don't call them an idiot for getting killed. Sometimes you can't win.

My modest proposal: BB players who routinely score low and are reported and excoriated in team chat should be sent to a new special Donald Duck Battle Mode and play against bathtub toy ships (seen not so long ago in some event) until they grow some b**** or spine to include the fairer sex. Then and only then will they be re-invited by MM to rejoin team players who are not rank cowards.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,783 posts
3,942 battles
13 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Space battles are about elite XP. If you’re looking for more you’re trying too hard. 

Correction: Space battles are about elite captain XP and not taking things so d*mn seriously. 

I'm having great fun mucking about with high-tier ships I have absolutely no desire to grind towards. Come Halloween, I hope they have something that's just as much fun as last year was, and that will be even more fun and captain-XP-producing because it's a scenario battle and we will once more be butchering scripted bots with team-killing switched off. In the meantime I'm happy to go with what we've got.

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,404 battles
21 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Only thing you can do is division up with two of your friends and hopefully get lucky with some of the remaining 6 players on your team.

Members
1,784 posts
17,372 battles
17 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

It's T10 ships obtainable w/only T6 missions...+ a heavy dose of distracting visuals...do the math.

& as already mentioned it doesn't affect your stats at all...it's just a way to earn some elite commander XP for those w/out 19 point commanders (or extra for those w/19 point commanders) while enjoying (or not enjoying as the case may or may not be) the graphics.

My only complaint is the outro music...UGH!

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,564 battles

im amazed you thought it would be different then random battles .  whats the though process on that. 

• Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

When you have half of the red team going toward say cap A, you do not charge with only one or two team mate to support you.  best case scenario only you got sunk, worst case is you brought 1 or two of your top BB down with you because you're too impatient to perform an assessment and plan for escape route.  Personally I often play my Yamato, Montana, and Conqueror in CA mode, getting very close to the cap but i would never charge a cap blindly or with minimum/no support from team mate.

When you realize you got a potato team, you'll just have to survive as long as you can and do your best to get the most damages out of it, that way you come out on top of everyone else in that foreseeable lose battle.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

4LeZgwZ.jpg

Well..I'm not sure why we would think that a new mode would bring new players? I enjoy it win or lose, but that's me... 

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Much of the same people who play randoms also play..........  Space battles.  Why you expected anything out of the norm for randoms in the Space battles? 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,794 posts
4,812 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Correction: Space battles are about elite captain XP and not taking things so d*mn seriously. 

I'm having great fun mucking about with high-tier ships I have absolutely no desire to grind towards. Come Halloween, I hope they have something that's just as much fun as last year was, and that will be even more fun and captain-XP-producing because it's a scenario battle and we will once more be butchering scripted bots with team-killing switched off. In the meantime I'm happy to go with what we've got.

Nit picker! :Smile-_tongue:

Members
126 posts
303 battles

I recently discovered easy mode in Space Battles - The Alldestroyer. I think my lowest damage output in the two dozen or so games I’ve played in it was about 130,000 and only 2 kills. Generally I’m closer to 200K and 5 kills, and that’s while driving aimlessly around, shooting at anything and everything I see (especially all those luscious broadsides) and letting my secondaries go to town. I don’t really care what my team is doing because it just doesn’t matter. With the bonus flags I’m still generating ridiculous XP even in a loss, and I’m having a pretty good time doing it. There’s really no reason to get salty over this event. It’s either a good time, or don’t play.

[DPG]
Members
819 posts
4,228 battles
41 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

My modest proposal: BB players who routinely score low and are reported and excoriated in team chat should be sent to a new special Donald Duck Battle Mode and play against bathtub toy ships (seen not so long ago in some event) until they grow some b**** or spine to include the fairer sex. Then and only then will they be re-invited by MM to rejoin team players who are not rank cowards.

LOL, if I got to putt around in rubber ducky mode, I might intentionally do poorly.  That was a whole lot of fun.

Edited by Amenhir
  • Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it hasn't been that bad,  had bad   3 loss in a row  on first day, but then   its been 14 win 2 losses after I figured out the meta of gearing.    I am now done with the mode since I got all the crates.        came in top xp in most of those matches  even on a loss.      easy to do 100k+ average with gearing and get 2caps or more.    

Edited by centarina

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

Game mode without tracking stats, and elite xp gain.

Result:yolo on 2 brothers while screaming here i come   *EDITED*    in chat.

Consequence: enjoy flambass mode/happy death day mashup.

Edited by c3shooter
Inappropriate/sexual innuendo complaint

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
26 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

LOL, if I got to putt around in rubber ducky mode, I might intentionally do poorly.  That was a whole lot of fun.

HAHA fair comment +1

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,331 posts
11,884 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Donald Duck Battle Mode and play against bathtub toy ships

That was the most balanced mode in the game. The only difference in the ships was the consumables. There was no RNG a hit was a hit, you didn't get punished for shooting good. I called it Tigger mode, Bouncy truancy fun.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

Reeeeeeeee. :Smile_trollface: