You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JMSDF_Shiranui

About Asia server's WoWs x Azur Lane

96 comments in this topic

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles

Asia server always does cooperation with some anime at the first time.And other servers will follow.

Like: Arpeggio of Blue Steel(or蒼き鋼のアルペジオ in jp), High school Fleet.

This time they released a cooperation with a Chinese mobile game.Named Azur Lane.(it's not a news anymore) https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/azurelane_collaboration_0402/

I think it will take long for them to do some work.

Basically, this mobile game is a Ship-Girl Shooting RPG.So, at last, we might receive a lot of captains just like the High school Fleet.But without any ships.(or WG make one)

What do you think?

image.png.6f482e40ac0d437ca971b021ab5bfa0a.png       image.png.9c7b865bfb4dfb8cb2c3eab93c78385e.png

Edited by EnderJones

[HINON]
Supertester
18,946 posts
12,460 battles

I'll wait until official announcements of what this collab entails are posted before having an informed opinion.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,056 posts
7,611 battles

I'm skeptical we'll see a North American launch given that Azur Lane doesn't have any Western translations that I'm aware of.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

At this point Im just hoping it comes to this server as well. Theres no reason for it not to.

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I'm skeptical we'll see a North American launch given that Azur Lane doesn't have any Western translations that I'm aware of.

ummmm, until now Arpeggio of Blue Steel& High school Fleet are both launched, but yeah Azur Lane has no translation,,, which means only few players will pay for this.Still, there are a lot of foreigners in NA server.(like  me

Edited by EnderJones

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,498 battles
30 minutes ago, EnderJones said:

Asia server always does cooperation with some anime at the first time.And other servers will follow.

Like: Arpeggio of Blue Steel(or蒼き鋼のアルペジオ in jp), High school Fleet.

This time they released a cooperation with a Chinese mobile game.

Chinese? Not interested in anything from China anyway.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
4 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

I’m agreeing with what Mouse said, I doubt that ya coming here.

When the first time i saw JKSDF,i thought it is"High school girls Self-Defense Force"(JMSDF fan here)

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

No more Amine

6yt9umd.jpg L5Fd7fP.gif

*HardCore*   *Historical*

Edited by EnderJones

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,412 posts
4,300 battles

I don't see why they wouldn't bring it over. WG have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,056 posts
7,611 battles
8 minutes ago, EnderJones said:

ummmm, until now Arpeggio of Blue Steel& High school Fleet are both launched

Both of those had multi-language translations to reach a global market.  High School Fleet had an official English translation in the Spring of 2016.  From what I can tell, Arpeggio of Blue Steel had its full release in English around the same time (there were delays from it's original October 27th, 2015 launch date).  I haven't heard any announcements of Azur Lane getting an English language translation or being opened up to North American or European markets.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

I don't see why they wouldn't bring it over. WG have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

The same can be said about the AL devs too... its a win/win for both companies. (Plus it costs nothing, since all the dev work is being done anyway).

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

Im the same thinking.Will Asia server do the work maybe?

[DAKI]
12,412 posts
4,300 battles
Just now, Avalon304 said:

The same can be said about the AL devs too... its a win/win for both companies. (Plus it costs nothing, since all the dev work is being done anyway).

Yup. There's nothing stopping them from expanding into the west unlike Kancolle with their developer legal quagmire shenanigans. This would be valuable and easy advertising for AL.

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Both of those had multi-language translations to reach a global market.  High School Fleet had an official English translation in the Spring of 2016.  From what I can tell, Arpeggio of Blue Steel had its full release in English around the same time (there were delays from it's original October 27th, 2015 launch date).

Yeah, Japanese anime will all ways go multi-language translations.But Azur Lane is only a game, no anime no novel.I  haven't played that yet, but artwork seems good to me。

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,498 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

They have plenty to lose. They don't gain anything when they annoy more people than they please. And this annoys the anime haters and people who have no issue with anime like me who hate China. You're doubling your effective haters with this crap.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
Just now, BlitzFalcon109 said:

They have plenty to lose. They don't gain anything when they annoy more people than they please. And this annoys the anime haters and people who have no issue with anime like me who hate China. You're doubling your effective haters with this crap.

WG wouldnt have done a second, multipart, collab with HSF if it hadnt shown that the collabs themselves bring in more players than they lose.

As for your hatred of China... cant help you there... but I suggest you get over it (or stop using many of the daily products you use including most electronics).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
12,412 posts
4,300 battles
1 minute ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Which is not what has happened with the ARP and HSF stuff. WG have said that they brought in more people than made leave. The haters are a minority, and most probably don't care much or are in favour. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
2 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Actually, WG’s statedthey’ve gotten more players with the anime stuff compared to what they lost.

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
1 minute ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

I see but WG handle the line for anime haters&lovers like you can choose to see them or not, and sry for my crap

[N00B]
[N00B]
Members
28 posts
5,272 battles
4 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Actually, WG’s statedthey’ve gotten more players with the anime stuff compared to what they lost.

The exp the learned form wows:

1.easy money from  Germany lovers

2.easy money from Anime lovers

Me"Even I die I will never, never give away any money for WG"

2days later"HSF Harekaze is so goooooood,akeno misaki is so cute"

Edited by EnderJones

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles
9 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

I don't hate anime, I hate the priorities people and WG have, and detest the for and against arguments people seem to use. The in game captain avatars represent the spirit of the ship, their crew,  My issue is not against anime, it is that the only female avaters in game are anime, while the default ship avatars are adult male (and only white male for the US and Euro). This has nothing to do with being more or less historical, it is about non sexualized equal treatment, and the ideas the game seeks to project upon its audience.

this

220px-US_Captain_Holly_Graf.jpg

or this

350px-Foxhound.png

• Boring 1

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,498 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Which is not what has happened with the ARP and HSF stuff. WG have said that they brought in more people than made leave. The haters are a minority, and most probably don't care much or are in favour. 

But my point was this was only worse than ARP and HSF on account it is fake chinese anime and China is a fundamentally immoral nation  with a poor reputation that reflects poorly on every business that goes there.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1