I purchased the Hood .......

Edited by Max0017
mispelled word
  • Bad 3

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

Did you do any research before you bought? Read reviews, watch youtube videos about it?

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
585 posts

Tier VII are the stinkers with the exception of the Scharnhorst.  

Agreed that the Hood is not worth the money - that is why I only take it into Operations or CO-OP.  Really a port queen for the historic value for me.

Never meant to be a Battleship - it is Battlecruiser.  

Have a feeling this is why we are not seeing Repulse, Renown, Alaska and the like.  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

It isn't the ship and this is not meant as an insult it is you. You have one non-premium above tier 3 and you jumped into the deep end of the pool before you could swim. I suggest staying in tier 1 - 3, practice and work on your skills.

• Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles

Hood not so good. I was surprised to see I had 41 battles in her. According to WT I am 3 points down from average in her. The win rate doesn't reflect that though. It probably took me some games to get used to her.

NA averages

Hood uk.svg 313,134 51.41% 49,509 1,277 1.4 0.8 2.0 38% 27% 0%

My averages

Hood 7 BB uk.svg 41 41.46% 55,068 1,318 1.4 0.8 1.7 44% 28% 0% 988
Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
3 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

I must be playing it wrong then.  Having a hard time getting bad results out of it.

I think it is her inconsistent guns.  Full salvos on broadside targets that get little or no results is not real good for a BB.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
28 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Nelson says 'hi'.

• Cool 3

Members
956 posts
11,173 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think it is her inconsistent guns.  Full salvos on broadside targets that get little or no results is not real good for a BB.

Play to her other strenghts. Good armor, slim profile, and speed.  

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nelson says 'hi'.

3 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Play to her other strenghts. Good armor, slim profile, and speed.  

I am with Lert on that, I prefer the Nelson. I did get better with her as time went on. OP don't get discouraged, just learn to play her to her abilities.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,587 posts
4,963 battles

Lert is right you need to read and understand what you are buying with this game. I would recommend Little white mouse.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

It isn't the ship and this is not meant as an insult it is you. You have one non-premium above tier 3 and you jumped into the deep end of the pool before you could swim. I suggest staying in tier 1 - 3, practice and work on your skills.

This. Hood is an excellent BB BUT you need to know how to play to use it to it's potential and get good results. You are making the mistake a lot of people do and that is buying a Premium ship at a tier way beyond your experience and skill. The best advice the guy who got me into this game gave me was NOT to do what you have done.

Slow down, take your time, play the game through the tiers and learn. Once you are up to T6-T7 you will find Hood to be a good ship. You would do just as badly in any of the higher tier Premium BB's you bought at this point. Premium ships do not make you a better player.

Not meant to be insulting or attack you like Brushwolf said. Trying to help.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles
2 hours ago, jmanII said:

Agreed that the Hood is not worth the money - that is why I only take it into Operations or CO-OP.  Really a port queen for the historic value for me.

Never meant to be a Battleship - it is Battlecruiser.  

Have a feeling this is why we are not seeing Repulse, Renown, Alaska and the like.  

Nelson

Duke of York

King George V

Gneisenau

Nagato

Sharnhorst

Plenty of good BBs at tier 7 and only BB that is widely considered questionable at tier VII is the Colorado and Hood. But I have seen even these 2 ships used well and I have not really gotten to try them myself yet so they might turn out to be ok as well.

[--1--]
Members
155 posts
2,499 battles

Hood is amazing definitely by far my favourite ship it has inaccurate guns but that's its only downfall if you're not good with it then you just need to practice more

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles
Just now, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Hood is amazing definitely by far my favourite ship it has inaccurate guns but that's its only downfall if you're not good with it then you just need to practice more

Yeah it was the pride of the Royal Navy :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[--1--]
Members
155 posts
2,499 battles

Yup and it wasn't just good in real life I find it to be my best ship and the one that's the most fun to play with

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Nelson

Duke of York

King George V

Gneisenau

Nagato

Sharnhorst

Plenty of good BBs at tier 7 and only BB that is widely considered questionable at tier VII is the Colorado and Hood. But I have seen even these 2 ships used well and I have not really gotten to try them myself yet so they might turn out to be ok as well.

Don't forget L:yon the 16 gun beast. And Hood and Colorado are both very good BB's.

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 7:03 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't forget L:yon the 16 gun beast. And Hood and Colorado are both very good BB's.

Ah yes knew I was missing a BB in my list, and I agree that all the tier 7 BBs are good. Just some people do not like a couple of them, but I like them all and eventually will probably have all of them residing in my port for use.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
585 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Nelson

Duke of York

King George V

Gneisenau

Nagato

Sharnhorst

Not in my opinion. KGV maybe. Scharnhorst definitely. You can have the rest.

[I-F]
Members
43 posts
4,518 battles

I appreciate all the comments and am not offended by those who suggest I get more experience before commenting .....well I  have tier 1 to tier VII ships.......one other tier VII is a destroyer Sims.......I also check my summary profile which shows all my ships and the battles won/lost etc , but the most useful information is the accuracy percent of the main guns..........every ship I have is 40% to 49% except the HOOD which is 31%.........this is co-op battles where the targets are the computer...........all said and done, I stand by comments in that

HOOD is not dependable and should not be sold in my opinion to players without stipulations that it is not refined..........it can be fixed and should be fixed.

[I-F]
Members
43 posts
4,518 battles

I tried this hunk of iron again tonight...........absolutely a piece of junk.......salvos have no pattern going forward, left or right, ......had my money back would try another for sure........hold this one for playing against the computer .........

[I-F]
Members
43 posts
4,518 battles

Just to let those who suggested I research before I buy, I quote the following : this from the play book on ships:

• Comparable turret traverse speed for a battleship of her tier (same as Gneisenau).
  • Outstanding top speed.
  • Largest amount of hit points among Tier VII battleships.
  • Murderous close-range AA.
  • Hard hitting guns at medium and close range.
  • Guns are very accurate.
  • Low slung citadel is very hard to hit at medium and close range.
  • Decent secondary armament.

Obviously this is a sale pitch for the HOOD.............only problem is that the guns are NOT ACCURATE ..............

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
6 hours ago, ship29710 said:

I appreciate all the comments and am not offended by those who suggest I get more experience before commenting .....well I  have tier 1 to tier VII ships.......one other tier VII is a destroyer Sims.......I also check my summary profile which shows all my ships and the battles won/lost etc , but the most useful information is the accuracy percent of the main guns..........every ship I have is 40% to 49% except the HOOD which is 31%.........this is co-op battles where the targets are the computer...........all said and done, I stand by comments in that

HOOD is not dependable and should not be sold in my opinion to players without stipulations that it is not refined..........it can be fixed and should be fixed.

You missed our point. In regular tech tree ships that you play to and earn you are no further than T3-T4 in any line/ship type. Any ships that are higher you bought which is what we have said not to do. Having the T7 Premium Sims DD or T6 Premium Cruiser Graf Spee doesn't mean you are ready for the Hood.

Just for accuracy sake your comment that every ship you own has a 40-49% hit rate but Hood is not accurate. Look again. :Smile_glasses: Your SC is only a 23% MBH% and your Bellerophon is just 32%. Hood is 30% for you (as of this AM). So Hood is more accurate for you by a lot than SC (which doesn't say much as T3 BB's aren't overly accurate). 32% for Bellerophon is ok. Actually 30% MBH% for Hood in Co-op is not that bad for a new player who jumped tiers with a Premium.  Also, you can't expect a BB (any BB - low tier or high tier) to have the same MBH% as a Cruiser or DD. That isn't how the game works.

DD and Cruiser guns are much more accurate than a BB in this game and IRL. There are things in this game like dispersion and sigma values that affect the shot groupings. You also have to take into account the ranges you are now fighting at with Hood in matches up to T9 vs your regular ships in the T1-T4 range which happen at a much closer range even in Co-op. It is much easier to have a 40%+ MBH% when using DD and Cruiser guns in the sub 12km range vs a higher tier BB where you are shooting out to 20+KM (Hood's range as I recall is like 18.1km or something close but just making a point).

What you really want to look at with Hood (and Graf and Sims too) is your average damage. Yes, hitting at a high % is nice but if you don't wrack up damage with those hits it means little. From what I am seeing, and I mean NO offense by this and am not shaming you (you mentioned stats so I am trying to explain about them), you do very little damage in these higher tier ships you have bought. Well, Hood and Graf Anyway. I didn't bother with Sims. You are not being effective with what hits you get. That could be your aim point, trying to shoot angled ships, poor ammo choice, etc...? Could be many things. What I can tell you is Hood is not garbage and the guns work very well. You just need to know how to play at the level Hood is in and with all due respect you just don't yet. Leave the higher tier Premiums in port for a while and play your T3 and T4 regular tech tree ships up to T6 or so then go back and try again. Slow down and try and enjoy the game and don't rush.

Now, just to show you what I mean about not getting damage with your hits and that Hood isn't complete trash let me show you your Co-op stats vs mine. I have way more experience than you and know how to play where Hood is at and thus I can make the most of it whereas you struggle with it as you would any T7+ BB at this point in your WOWS career. Understand this is not bragging or shaming. I am trying to get you to see you need to slow up and that Hood is quite good.

Your Co-op Hood Stats:

• Avg XP 275.03
  • Avg Damage Caused 24,149.28
  • Avg Warships Destroyed 0.45
  • Avg Planes Destroyed 0.85
  • Avg MBH 30%
  • High XP 543
  • High Damage Caused 63,783
  • High Warships Destroyed 2
  • High Aircraft Destroyed 13

My Co-op Hood Stats:

• Avg XP 590.25
  • Avg Damage Caused 68,447.41
  • Avg Warships Destroyed 1.54
  • Avg Planes Destroyed 3.08
  • Avg MBH 39%
  • High XP 1059
  • High Damage Caused 180,054
  • High Warships Destroyed 5
  • High Aircraft Destroyed 34

So while I am hitting at a higher % than you (which shows the guns can be accurate) on average it isn't like it is me at 50% and you at 10%. Over a full game I might land a dozen to 15 more shells in total with just a 9% difference (remember only 8 guns and a long reload with short games in Co-op). What should pop out to you is that my average damage in the ship is higher than your best score with it. This should make you re examine your aim points and possibly even your shell choice. 

The bottom line here is that it isn't the ship or it's guns. In this case it is you. You aren't ready for a T7 BB. You just have not developed your skills enough to play at that level even in Co-op. So once more, with all sincerity, good will, and in the spirit of trying to help you... slow down, try and enjoy the game as you progress normally through the tiers,  and stop rushing. What you are doing is making the game harder on yourself than it need be.

1 other point. You don't have enough time in yet to have a Capt with decent skills which helps a lot in higher tiers as well. This further hampers you playing Hood.

This is my best hood game overall btw. Not my highest damage but the best game overall. It can be an absolute monster when you have the experience to play where it is slotted in the game...

632y9W8.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles

Hey

I for one like the Hood and find to be a generally a pretty decent BB, her guns are ok when RNG doesn't mess with you (I am used to German dispersion, so!), she's fast, big turning circle but has good rudder shift and if you keep speed up, it does decently enough, the AA is very good, armor is good when angled.  I run kind of an odd build on mine with a 14pt captain but it works for me and I still play it fairly often.  It's not the worse ship by a long shot in the BB and I'm really not much of a fan of the RN BB's.  I like it every bit as much as my KGV, which some people will question why.  At least it uses AP shells to do it's damage instead of just farm damage HE which requires little skill.   It just works for me I guess.

Pete