Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legal_Legend

Idea for a Clan Savings Account

6 comments in this topic

[A_O_A]
Members
87 posts
8,538 battles

I would like to propose a rough idea for a clan savings account where members can allocate a nominal percentage of their battle results to a in game account similar to the clan oil function.

Members can elect to participate with a simple check mark in their settings tab. Participants can select to redirect a set percentage (.25%) of free XP and/or Credits (.10%) to the clan account.

Levels can be set based on the clan level achieved. Say level 1 is 40million credits and 250K free XP, level 2 is 50million and 300K free XP and so on to scale with the current clan rating system used based on the amount of oil the clan has earned.

It is time to add more features to a clan.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I think this would be abused by leadership { Tell me there are honest Leaders{{ Season 1}}

But a Clan Trade option for credits would be nice.

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,270 battles
12 minutes ago, Legal_Legend said:

I would like to propose a rough idea for a clan savings account where members can allocate a nominal percentage of their battle results to a in game account similar to the clan oil function.

Members can elect to participate with a simple check mark in their settings tab. Participants can select to redirect a set percentage (.25%) of free XP and/or Credits (.10%) to the clan account.

Levels can be set based on the clan level achieved. Say level 1 is 40million credits and 250K free XP, level 2 is 50million and 300K free XP and so on to scale with the current clan rating system used based on the amount of oil the clan has earned.

It is time to add more features to a clan.

What would be the point to this. With a built out port, clan members get additional XP, and lower service fees (essentially more credits). Right now, members earn oil, which can be used to buy port upgrades. What would the credits and Free XP in the savings account do?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
28 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think this would be abused by leadership { Tell me there are honest Leaders{{ Season 1}}

But a Clan Trade option for credits would be nice.

I like the idea as a clan leader, not for my personal benefit (i don't need credits or FXP) but as a way to help new players get a leg up.

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

Hmm then we can have the epic heists like eve online where the leader makes off with all the stuffs laughing all the way to the bank.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

I assume the idea being that this xp/$ could be redirected to other members...in a different game i played years ago we had a system like clans, but players were free to gift resources to other clan members.

It didnt take long for me to learn that this was not a good system. The gifted players end up not becoming self sufficient, of course one or two did, but the other 98 i helped did not. This wasnt just a one group experience either, as i was a participant/administrator in numerous well rated "clans" over several years.

Donating xp to someone with less experience in this game just pushes poor play higher. The only exception would be second account high level players. They usually know how to climb fairly quickly, and skill isnt the issue. Exceptional early players progress quickly as well. For the rest, the leraning curve is necessary.

Finally the potential abuse mentioned above would be a real issue.

It is an interesting idea, but i must say based on experience, that the struggling that one must endure is a large part of the game, and a worthwhile challenge.

Sign in to follow this