Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

My last 11 battles in Gnevny

15 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles

45% Win rate 63K average damage 10-1 Kill to Death Ratio WTR 2305

As of right now I'm the #1NA player in the Gnevny according to Wows stats and numbers. 1 of these 11 battles was the 5th highest damage total ever in the Gnev. Another I solo capped 4 sank 4  and still lost. My point is over a small number of battles I'm not stressing, I'm wondering if some of my teammates are on Blow or Meth but I'm not stressing over it. Streaks happen good and bad. As in this could just be Karma for the 83 win 3 loss streak I had last fall. Either way. 

Cheers

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,088 battles

You mean MM isn't rigged against you or something?

Keep it up and the W's will flow.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Congrats on #1 

this is our player base

Aj3gWAC.gif

Cluch seriously man I live in Washington 99% of the time I'm playing I'm high. I mean seriously man I became #1 in the Podvoisky and #1 on the Gnev completely doing what Chappele is doing I seriously wonder sometimes I'm baked whats your excuse when I see stupid stuff in game

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I live near Chicago and I also get baked so the reference  is accurate.

3 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Cluch seriously man I live in Washington 99% of the time I'm playing I'm high. I mean seriously man I became #1 in the Podvoisky and #1 on the Gnev completely doing what Chappele is doing I seriously wonder sometimes I'm baked whats your excuse when I see stupid stuff in game

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,148 posts
8,942 battles

I love DDs, but MAN those boats are entirely mediocre. Why do you torture yourself by playing them so much? Half the people on those leaderboards have a WR below 50%. That should tell you something about the ships in question. Most people move on a quickly as possible.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,445 battles
17 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I love DDs, but MAN those boats are entirely mediocre. Why do you torture yourself by playing them so much? Half the people on those leaderboards have a WR below 50%. That should tell you something about the ships in question. Most people move on a quickly as possible.

The Gnevy and Podvoisky certainly aren't the strongest at their tier (versus say Anshan or Gremy) but that doesn't mean they are bad either. When I run operations, I use Anshan, Fushun, and Gnevy each in turn. If there were tier V operations, I would be running Podvoisky along with Okhotnik. Now I just need to get the Gremy somehow...

[-K-]
Supertester
5,148 posts
8,942 battles
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

The Gnevy and Podvoisky certainly aren't the strongest at their tier (versus say Anshan or Gremy) but that doesn't mean they are bad either. When I run operations, I use Anshan, Fushun, and Gnevy each in turn. If there were tier V operations, I would be running Podvoisky along with Okhotnik. Now I just need to get the Gremy somehow...

Well, that's likely my problem... after playing the Gremy, all those ships felt like downgrades . I have the Anshan, and it's a solid ship. Definitely better than Gnevny. And Gremy is better than both while a tier lower. As such, my perspective is a bit warped. 

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,445 battles
6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Well, that's likely my problem... after playing the Gremy, all those ships felt like downgrades . I have the Anshan, and it's a solid ship. Definitely better than Gnevny. And Gremy is better than both while a tier lower. As such, my perspective is a bit warped. 

Maybe I should sign up for the next Corgi fleet equivalent and get my chance to try out the Gremy. That 36 second base turret turn could cause an issue for knife fighting, even with MBM 2 and EM. Still want the Gremy eventually someday.

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
46 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Its because you are at the top of all the US DD leader boards I cant compete with that LOL.

Members
1,787 posts
17,388 battles
2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Oddly enough I had a 53% WR in Gnevny...but that was DEFINATELY due to being carried...only 5 survivals in 43 battles & only 15 kills w/a 16k average damage...when I got to Minsk I thought, "wait...wut? I need to grind out 200k+ XP to elite it...w/4km torps in a  DD in an higher tier meta than the Gnevny? Maybe later".

BTW I don't free XP through any ships (or even modules)...2 exceptions...New Mexico's mods so I could use it right away for the T6 Ranked season (after 1st battle abandoned it because it was too slow) & while 1/2 way through B hull on Hipper accidently free XPed 2nd half of B & all of C hull while comparing differences.

Just my thing...Free XP is for Free XP ships...& I like to do the whole grind to get the personal experience of what each ship is like in all stages...will probably one day try out CVs (after proposed balancing if ever) before I return to the RU DD line. Although oddly enough did do pretty well in Aigle (for the few battles to get containers for France Campaign) which runs better as a "stay at range & shoot things" RU DD style (very small margin for stealth torping anyway)...but that's probably because I was using my CA commander w/the extra range giving me over 15 km to play with.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

I played 110 battles with a 58% WR in Gnevny. If it's a "mediocre" ship, then how'd a scrub like me manage that?

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

A few months back, January I think, I was in a div with clan mates and I noticed we were loading into a game against Iron Mike in some Soviet DD. "Awwwwwww sheeeet, IronMike11B40 is on the other team in a Soviet DD, guys"

"So? What does that mean??"

"It means we should just go back to port."

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,155 posts
3,430 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

45% Win rate 63K average damage 10-1 Kill to Death Ratio WTR 2305

As of right now I'm the #1NA player in the Gnevny according to Wows stats and numbers. 1 of these 11 battles was the 5th highest damage total ever in the Gnev. Another I solo capped 4 sank 4  and still lost. My point is over a small number of battles I'm not stressing, I'm wondering if some of my teammates are on Blow or Meth but I'm not stressing over it. Streaks happen good and bad. As in this could just be Karma for the 83 win 3 loss streak I had last fall. Either way. 

Cheers

I hear ya mate. I play my Gremmy well, and I had a stretch a couple weeks ago where is was one disaster team after another, or constant mega uptiering against say a Saipan that could play.... My performance meant nothing, these dudes were out to lose. Or, you know you get Lyon AP one shotted at 14km.... that kinda weekend.

Edited by Canadatron

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Congrats on #1 

this is our player base

Aj3gWAC.gif

I'll be straight with you; I can't play video games anymore unless I'm high.

Get bored after one game and stressed I'm not doing something more productive otherwise.

Sign in to follow this