Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
10thDF

Grinding up the line?

8 comments in this topic

[FLWR]
Members
87 posts
3,018 battles

I have seen in a few posts, from time to time, where someone says they're playing their premium ship to grind up a line.  I'm not sure what this means. How do you grind up a line playing a premium ship?  Just the captains points and free-xp to user on a tree ship? 

Thanks for your time.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,905 posts
12,441 battles

They spend money to convert the XP on the premium ship to free XP and use that to skip part of the tech tree grind.

• Cool 1

[FLWR]
Members
87 posts
3,018 battles

Ah cool.  Thank you very much Lert.  I couldn't wrap my head around how one could just grind tree line and just play premiums.:Smile_amazed:

Cheers.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

And there is a 35 to 1, exp to free exp coming up - so if you have a pile of exp sitting in premium/elite status ships and a mound of doubloons burning a hole in your pocket, chance is coming up.

[FLWR]
Members
87 posts
3,018 battles
41 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

And there is a 35 to 1, exp to free exp coming up - so if you have a pile of exp sitting in premium/elite status ships and a mound of doubloons burning a hole in your pocket, chance is coming up.

Thank you Panzer1113.  I was aware of the free-xp sale coming up and I do thank you for the heads up.  I have that part down very well actually.  I just wasn't sure how one ground a line through premium ships is all.

Fallow seas.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

could also be grinding credits to afford the next ship in a line -- Or getting some additional training for a cap'n.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Since I bought my Scharnhorst {Broke always before the purchase} I now have 190 million Credits from this ship along with seven 19 point Captains.working on 8.{so close}

I have all the KM ships to tier 10 except the DD's only 7 so far {Hate putting my Teams in jeopardy when driving a DD{{ I suck}} So this method of grinding Ships works very well Indeed. 

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

They spend money to convert the XP on the premium ship to free XP and use that to skip part of the tech tree grind.

This, but also they might be retraining captains or building up a new one.
Example:
I play my Ibuki for a while and accumulate the XP to unlock the Zao. After buying Zao, I stick the Ibuki captain on it and sell Ibuki. My captain, because I'm cheap, I opt for the -50% retraining penalty rather than pay gold to instantly retrain him. And since I dont feel like being that guy who enters a T10 battle with a captain in retraining, I stick him on one of my IJN premium ships. Because its a premium, I suffer no penalties to the effect of skills, and all the Comm. XP I earn playing said premium is put into retraining that captain for the Zao without playing Zao.

Sign in to follow this