You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Never a Good Sign For What's to Come

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

Load up in a DD, look at the map and where the other DDs spawned. Suggest going to A and B caps. "Wilco!" "Roger!", come the replies. 

Start heading for C cap, look at mini-map, literally entire rest of team is lemming training it all the way down to A cap, the furthest point from spawn. 2 minutes later, team is down 4 ships to enemy's 1.

Spoiler alert: we lost.

Edited by legozer
  • Boring 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

Just another day in world of warships lol

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

It was so cartoonishly absurd that I couldn't even get mad.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

I had a game the other day, I was in Phra Ruang.  I started to head to cap or at least scout near it...I looked up, and most of my team was gone, and we had like 50 points left.  Before I could even reach the cap, the game was over, we'd lost one more.  I don't even know what happened.  I didn't even load in late or anything.  Looked afterward, the game was over in 4:38.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
14 minutes ago, legozer said:

Start heading for C cap, look at mini-map, literally entire rest of team is lemming training it all the way down to A cap, the furthest point from spawn. 2 minutes later, team is down 4 ships to enemy's 1.

It's not so much the lemming train, than it is the scattering that happens after the first shot, like what happens when the INS shows up at a large construction site.

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,984 battles
16 minutes ago, legozer said:

Load up in a DD, look at the map and where the other DDs spawned. Suggest going to A and B caps. "Wilco!" "Roger!", come the replies. 

Start heading for C cap

Can't tell you how many forum posts lament what you just did.  Ignore your own suggestion and head to C.

Can't really critique "teamwork" when you didn't follow it yourself.

But that's randoms, as they say...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

I made a typo. LOL.

It should have read "B and C caps" then they all went to A.

I'm not very good at the internet.

• Funny 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sometimes I think the Schools world wide has failed us. The Participation Trophy has skewed any legitimate  chance for true success.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
9,182 battles

Lemming train is created by a couple of factors.  1)  People think YOU know what your doing, you, means NOT them, and you doesn't mean YOU per se, so they think, "ahh those guys, seem to know what to do, lets follow them."  This starts a chain reaction.  Its not "bad", it can be caused by players being in a higher tier games for the first time, new map, stock ship, etc.  2)  Safety in numbers, a very human concept, its innate and hard to combat.  Its why people tend to die in fires, they sit still because everyone else does, they all die running cause everyone else does.  3)  Lemming train is good tactics IF train stays in a close group.  There IS power in numbers, it can work very well at times, so limited success can mean in some players heads that it works ALL the time, so some young buck says "lets ALL go to A".  4)  Lemming trains seem to make sense on some maps, for sure on base defense maps, everyone lemmings around base or they take off and take the enemy base.  But what may work on one map is NOT going to work on another map.  Best strat for most maps is move in force to one side, and have a delay force on other flank, but delayers have to very skilled players, doesn't happen much in pubs.

Any other reasons for Lemming train I have missed?  This is just off the top for me....  but again a Lemming train isn't bad....nor is it good...and the factors that cause it are real.  Its not because players are "dumb", well maybe some are... ;)

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

Experience says not telling other's what to do yields better results. A lot of people take "let's get A" as "let's rush forward into A into enemies".

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

I played a couple of games yesterday and gave up. Every game, we were down 2 DDs and cruiser immediately, and the enemy had 2 out of three 3 caps.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

Ive seen one enemy DD put  a halt to an entire team that decided to push one side.

They see torps coming at them and half the ships turn back south and the other half scatter like roaches.

When you decide to overload one  side like that you have to keep advancing you cannot second guess or scatter at the first sign of torps or shells.

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,897 battles
42 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ive seen one enemy DD put  a halt to an entire team that decided to push one side.

They see torps coming at them and half the ships turn back south and the other half scatter like roaches.

When you decide to overload one  side like that you have to keep advancing you cannot second guess or scatter at the first sign of torps or shells.

So true, I’ve often felt DDs are like sheep dogs in matches like you describe able to redirect the flock 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,784 posts
4,804 battles

Man...see this or a variant almost every night:

DD says “heading for A” at game start. So, everyone heads for A. DD gets to A, it’s uncontested. DD says, “no one here, go to B and C!”  

No one changes course. Reds pour through uncontested B and C, turn in behind the “A train”.  Train doesn’t stop til the A cap is full of ships, the reds have B and C, and are blocking the green team from moving to B and C. 

Game has undesirable outcome. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Sometimes I think the Schools world wide has failed us. The Participation Trophy has skewed any legitimate  chance for true success.

You're making fun of me, aren't you?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
12 minutes ago, legozer said:

You're making fun of me, aren't you?

Heavens NO 

• Angry 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,578 posts
14,010 battles

First Rule of Randoms?

There is no plan.

Second Rule of Randoms?

They follow no plans.

The only ones you can count on are Division Mates.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
5,738 posts
3,912 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It's worse than you think - I saw an article some time ago about an Ontario junior soccer district that was STRIPPING WINNING TEAMS OF THEIR VICTORY AND DECLARING THEM THE LOSER if they won by more than five goals. These were preteen kids risking getting kicked in the face and having their achievements snatched out of their hands by adult fanatics who were so besotted with "no kid left behind" that they had lost all grasp of reality.

As for the OP, I feel your pain. I have lost all faith and trust in any acknowledgement that is sent with the F keys, most especially "Wilco". Will Comply? Pigs might fly...

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
421 posts
18,299 battles

If I had been in the 1 DD that didn't follow the team we would have won so Bigly!  #sobigly

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,984 battles
3 hours ago, legozer said:

I made a typo. LOL.

It should have read "B and C caps" then they all went to A.

I'm not very good at the internet.

Then, I'm all with ya!   Yeah... those lemmings.