Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

USS Columbia CL-56

9 comments in this topic

Members
8,068 posts
17,032 battles

Thanks for sharing!

(Maybe I need to take your handle to heart a bit...)

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,091 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thanks for sharing!

(Maybe I need to take your handle to heart a bit...)

I'm not usually, this one is- rightfully so.

[TAZ]
Members
393 posts

Noticed the USS Columbia in tech tree vessels that are or may become available.  Is there any info from WG regarding this vessel?  I know there was mention of the USS Boise becoming the ARA addition to the game, but do not recall any mention of the USS Columbia.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
14 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

Noticed the USS Columbia in tech tree vessels that are or may become available.  Is there any info from WG regarding this vessel?  I know there was mention of the USS Boise becoming the ARA addition to the game, but do not recall any mention of the USS Columbia.

It's the test version of the uptiered T8 Cleveland for the line split.   It'll go away when the split comes for real.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,669 battles

That is crazy when you think about it, she served for 4 years....she was barely broken in before she was decommissioned. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
32 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

That is crazy when you think about it, she served for 4 years....she was barely broken in before she was decommissioned. 

That was the fate of a ton of the Cleveland class cruisers.  With all the topside weight that had been added (radars, more AA, etc), they weren't as stable as the Baltimore class, and had less deck space.  Some of the Baltimores got converted into missile cruisers, but not so for most of the Clevelands.  War was over, didn't need them anymore.  Strangely enough, the older Brooklyns, though, got sold.  Argentina got a couple, for example.  (General Belgrano was the former USS Phoenix, for example.  The other was USS Boise)

PS: Looks like 7 of them got converted to missile cruisers, and soldiered on to the 70s or 80s.  The rest were stricken and scrapped mostly in the 50s.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this