You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmb47

What the heck....

13 comments in this topic

[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,432 battles

I don't play co-op often, but due to the real world, I played a game today. We lost, and some strange things happened:

1. Our two bot dd's suicided straight into the bulk of the enemy ships and were dead by the 1:15 mark-total of 137 XP between them (they really WERE bots, not just crappy players), 0 damage.....

2.  I ate a torpedo while I was grounded from the inside of a mountain--no if's ands or buts, I was hard aground, mountain on my right, and the CV launched through it.

3. My 17 point captain, with HE boost and some added secondary buffs, almost lost a 5 km duel with the enemy GZ.....

4.  And finally, the enemy Montana managed to eat over 120 secondary shells and 22 main battery shells without catching fire--even once....meanwhile I was on fire it seemed like over half the game---the enemy DD set me on fire 4 times....and it was IJN

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,063 battles
2 minutes ago, dmb47 said:

I don't play co-op often, but due to the real world, I played a game today. We lost, and some strange things happened:

1. Our two bot dd's suicided straight into the bulk of the enemy ships and were dead by the 1:15 mark-total of 137 XP between them (they really WERE bots, not just crappy players), 0 damage..... Par for the course for Co-op bots.

2.  I ate a torpedo while I was grounded from the inside of a mountain--no if's ands or buts, I was hard aground, mountain on my right, and the CV launched through it. As in the torps hit you on your right as well?

3. My 17 point captain, with HE boost and some added secondary buffs, almost lost a 5 km duel with the enemy GZ..... What ship were you in, and what exactly is a "GZ"? Can't say I'm familiar with it.

4.  And finally, the enemy Montana managed to eat over 120 secondary shells and 22 main battery shells without catching fire--even once....meanwhile I was on fire it seemed like over half the game---the enemy DD set me on fire 4 times....and it was IJN RNG or something. I dunno. Also need to know what ship you were running to get a better idea of the situation.

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles
1 minute ago, dmb47 said:

3. My 17 point captain, with HE boost and some added secondary buffs, almost lost a 5 km duel with the enemy GZ.....

You see an enemy GZ, YOU RUUN!!

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

Do you have the replay? The easiest way to get help is for others to see.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
12 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Unless enemy GZ has manual secondaries, but forgot they have manual secondaries. Happened yesterday. Solo'd a GZ in a cyclone, without the GZ doing a single point of damage to me.

• Funny 2

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Unless enemy GZ has manual secondaries, but forgot they have manual secondaries. Happened yesterday. Solo'd a GZ in a cyclone, without the GZ doing a single point of damage to me.

No self respecting GZ driver would ever ....

That replay is prolly worth gold!

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles
33 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

DD or low, low health maybe, otherwise no. And yes I've been close enough to one and they had manual secondaries. It was destroyed, my ship wasn't.

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts
57 minutes ago, dmb47 said:

1. Our two bot dd's suicided straight into the bulk of the enemy ships and were dead by the 1:15 mark-total of 137 XP between them (they really WERE bots, not just crappy players), 0 damage.....

2.  I ate a torpedo while I was grounded from the inside of a mountain--no if's ands or buts, I was hard aground, mountain on my right, and the CV launched through it.

4.  And finally, the enemy Montana managed to eat over 120 secondary shells and 22 main battery shells without catching fire--even once....meanwhile I was on fire it seemed like over half the game---the enemy DD set me on fire 4 times....and it was IJN

Typical Co-op match.

The bots ALWAYS have some 'trick' going for them. Whether it's 'magical' torps, the immunity to fire (hey, even if you had set a fire, it would have been put out instantly without even ONE tick of fire damage occurring - something no human could ever do), torp dodging extraordinaire (they see them come out of your tubes, regardless of range), the ability to know where ALL ships are on the map whether they are spotted or not (player DDs are a favorite for them to chase - but the bots also have turrets pointed at targets before they are seen and insta-fire once spotted), last ditch attacks (when they die the get that last shot off/torps launched that usually results in a citadel hits), etc. etc. etc.

It's "Fun and Engaing" comrade!  

....:fish_palm: 

• Boring 1

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles
28 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

DD or low, low health maybe, otherwise no. And yes I've been close enough to one and they had manual secondaries. It was destroyed, my ship wasn't.

There's people that wrastle em gators too, but i would stay away...

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles
10 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

There's people that wrastle em gators too, but i would stay away...

Well I do a lot of things in this game that I ought not be doing- that's what keeps it entertaining.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles
25 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Typical Co-op match.

The bots ALWAYS have some 'trick' going for them. Whether it's 'magical' torps, the immunity to fire (hey, even if you had set a fire, it would have been put out instantly without even ONE tick of fire damage occurring - something no human could ever do), torp dodging extraordinaire (they see them come out of your tubes, regardless of range), the ability to know where ALL ships are on the map whether they are spotted or not (player DDs are a favorite for them to chase - but the bots also have turrets pointed at targets before they are seen and insta-fire once spotted), last ditch attacks (when they die the get that last shot off/torps launched that usually results in a citadel hits), etc. etc. etc.

It's "Fun and Engaing" comrade!  

....:fish_palm: 

The trick to nuking a bot with torpedoes is in your targeting.  They only 'see' the fish coming out of your tubes if you're targeting them.  Line up your shot, press X to remove your target lock, fire and then look away.  No, not because cool guys don't look at explosions.  Because if you target them again, they somehow pick up on their impending doom.

At least, I've landed full three-torpedo spreads on the battleships in Operations doing it this way - and only doing it this way.  Seems if I target the enemy ship at any point during the torpedo run, best I can get is a single hit if that.

I tried this after reading about the trick on another thread.  I'd credit the original author if I could remember anything else about it...

• Cool 2