You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Destructable environments

45 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

I think it would be cool if the environments in the game were semi-destructible. I can't be the only one who has thought it would be fun to lob some shells into some of those seaside villages. As the Joker once said, some of us just want to see the world burn!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

Why stop there? My Atlanta would love to be able to blow the tops of cliffs/islands off. Sometimes they are just a little to tall. 

• Funny 1

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Members
13 posts
4,212 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think it would be cool if the environments in the game were semi-destructible. I can't be the only one who has thought it would be fun to lob some shells into some of those seaside villages. As the Joker once said, some of us just want to see the world burn!

“And...here...we...go...”

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

lets destroy the icebergs! thats can be fun.

[WDS]
Members
344 posts
6,881 battles
19 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Maybe it would be cool if the seaside villages had heavy artillery and they started firing at you if camped behind the island too long . 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

Yeah, seeing houses and towns blow up would be cool. Apparently these cities are made of some really tough material that I would love to have for armor. Reducing landscape (cliffs, etc) would be neat, but probably a little much. Being able to reduce the cosmetic landscape (things that don't stop shells, line of sight, etc) to rubble would be fun. After all, I think all of us have some kind of destructive tendency, that's why we play with warships.

However, the work for this purely cosmetic mechanic would probably be too much. It would be a lot of work. Also, not sure if making most of the environment changeable would be workable with the game engine. That's a big load, and I've heard horror stories from early testing of what happens when the landscape is too complex. So while I would like more things to explode (I mean, who doesn't) I realize that it's probably impractical to implement.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Maybe it would be cool if the seaside villages had heavy artillery and they started firing at you if camped behind the island too long . 

lol that is hilarious.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

This made me think back to when WoT made rail cars destructible.  There was already a lot that was destructible, but they made it so the rail cars (oil tanks) would explode when shot at.  It was kind of annoying to see people just sitting there shooting at them at the start of a match.  It was pretty funny though when enemy artillery noticed and blasted the guys doing it lol.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles

I wanna write my name into the side of a cliff face

Members
630 posts
4,132 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

They pretty much did that for awhile. It was terrible.

• Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles

Would be cool if you where hiding behind a island and a enemy salvo smashes into it causing massive boulders the size of small houses to land on your battleship so you have to sail the rest of the game with these rocks on your boat

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles

Uh no. It's tough enough to convince people to stop shooting the stationary AFK in favor of a live target that is shooting back.

[WDS]
Members
344 posts
6,881 battles
7 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Would be cool if you where hiding behind a island and a enemy salvo smashes into it causing massive boulders the size of small houses to land on your battleship so you have to sail the rest of the game with these rocks on your boat

Yes camping BB annoying CA lobbing HE shells all over the map . After 60 seconds the village opens up with heavy artillery fire forcing you to move on . It doesn't have to be every Island so u would never know which island has artillery . That would be hysterical . 

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

This would bog down the game immensely. Destructible environments would tax the servers way beyond what they currently have to deal with. In addition to just tracking the hp of 24 ships, the server would need to track the hp of 1000 other items, and draw and replace them with damaged versions as they take damage etc. It would make the game unplayable.

Games either start with destructible environments or they don't, they almost never add them into games not originally designed for them.

Members
3,295 posts
7,973 battles
24 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

I wanna write my name into the side of a cliff face

kilroy.jpg?itok=mCk6fvtc&resize=1100x619

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
Members
344 posts
6,881 battles
2 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

This would bog down the game immensely. Destructible environments would tax the servers way beyond what they currently have to deal with. In addition to just tracking the hp of 24 ships, the server would need to track the hp of 1000 other items, and draw and replace them with damaged versions as they take damage etc. It would make the game unplayable.

Games either start with destructible environments or they don't, they almost never add them into games not originally designed for them.

I know I was just having some fun because every one wants to blow up the villages and camp behind islands . It would be funny if they fought back .

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
58 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

As the Joker once said, some of us just want to see the world burn!

The Joker didn't say that: Alfred Pennyworth said that, to Bruce Wayne.

36 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That would be HILARIOUSLY cool!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The Joker didn't say that: Alfred Pennyworth said that, to Bruce Wayne.

That would be HILARIOUSLY cool!

The Joker did say that in the Dark Knight. When he was burning that huge stack of money he said don't worry I am only burning my half. The guy said that's crazy and the Joker said what can I say, some of us just want to see the world burn.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

They did.  It was called Bastion mode.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

The Joker did say that in the Dark Knight.

I beg to dispute your statement. Alfred said that to Batman, AKA Bruce Wayne, right after he told him the story of the bandit he had been chasing while in Her Majesty's Service. He concluded with saying that they had chased the bandit for a very long time with little success, and when they finally did capture him, he had taken jewels worth a huge sum of money and given them to local children to play with.

The Joker said a lot of things, but that statement isn't his; it's Alfred's.

What the Joker said was "Everything burns."

Honestly, I'm a pretty good movie buff.

Members
3,295 posts
7,973 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

Yes, let's add war crimes to the game. :Smile_teethhappy:

War crimes, what war crimes?

Edited by lemekillmister