Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Space Ship Skins in regular game

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

400
[POP]
Members
1,263 posts
8,692 battles

I'm concerned that the space skins give an unintended advantage to players in the regular game. We (I) use the smoke from the stack to give an indication of speed. The space skins seem to not have the smoke, making it very hard to judge speed and hit at long ranges. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[T-RIP]
Members
1,191 posts
8,644 battles

Turn them off in port, then you won't see the skins, and I assume you'll see regular smoke again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,802 posts
5,702 battles

You can turn off all special effects in port. For us plain folk who do not want to see all this anime.

Edited by Raven114

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,426
[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,706 posts
6,629 battles
6 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

You can turn off all special effects in port. For us plain folk who do not want to see all this anime.

These space skins have nothing to do with anime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,810
[TBW]
Members
6,602 posts
12,458 battles
4 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

you can turn off all special effects in port.

Which of course won't help the people that paid for it so they can see it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[-DPF-]
Members
772 posts
8,537 battles

The space camos have a flame that comes out instead of the smoke, and indicates speed and direction, but it is smaller than the smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[YAN]
Members
1,642 posts
7,791 battles
1 hour ago, OgreMkV said:

The space skins seem to not have the smoke, making it very hard to judge speed and hit at long ranges. 

The skins have a very bright flame instead, which I found far easier to use instead.

If that isnt enough, you can just turn em off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[-S-R-]
Members
71 posts
8,197 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 6:22 AM, OgreMkV said:

I'm concerned that the space skins give an unintended advantage to players in the regular game. We (I) use the smoke from the stack to give an indication of speed. The space skins seem to not have the smoke, making it very hard to judge speed and hit at long ranges. 

I came here to say this same thing and to say that it's much more difficult to see the waterline of the ship against the water.  I've aimed too low several times and I'm convinced it's because I can't see the waterline clearly. 

 

But I see I can turn off these effects in port?  How do I do this? 

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×