You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drachost

CV reworks, the constant proposal saga.

5 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
4,292 battles

Every couple of days there is inevitably a new "great idea" on how to improve CVs.  Some really are GREAT ideas, some have portions of greatness, and others are completely ludicrous.  Granted there is a major disparity in the two major national lines, there is a huge gap in skill level (because there is no way to stop unicum players from coming down the tier chart and seal clubbing to their hearts content while the poor noobs are just trying to put together a decent game and maybe get some hands on training that will eventually let them compete).  Eventually maybe all the good idea fairies will be heard and WG will implement or at least give a chance at testing some of these player based ideas to evaluate them for actual implementation, but until then there is one thing that must stop and sooner rather than later.

A T5 CV should never encounter a T6 or higher CV even with a partner of one of those tiers in a match.  Irregardless of the manual vs. auto drop function which has no real detriment at that level (to the CV as a player not necessarily the unfortunate target), the strafing mechanic is completely unfair to the player of the T5 CV.  I get it life isn't fair, the game doesn't give a guarantee of fair play, and whatever other version of downplaying a level playing field you wish to use.  Food for thought though; how would you feel if (insert your ship type) was stripped of its main damage producing weapon and given just secondaries while your enemy (insert ship type) was allowed to use all of its primary weapons against you?  To make this matter worse add the fact that your team members are allowed to use theirs against you while suffering no repercussions for it.

It is bad enough to have to face an enemy that can pin your fighters (and if lucky enough it is a catapult fighter that catches them) then strafe them out of contention while you can do nothing about it, but while using your fighters to provide cover for your team your T6 CV decides "oh look he pinned the enemy fighters let me strafe them and wipe him at the same time" thereby crippling your ability to provide support for your team and him doing this knowing that because they are aircraft he will suffer no penalty for TK or the damage to your air wing.

The fix isn't letting the T5 have strafe if he gets into a T6 match up, but to eliminate the T6s ability to strafe if he is the top tier.  It is the only way it works, suddenly giving a T5 an ability they are completely inexperienced with (if they are truly a new to tier or a player still learning CV play) will not make it a more level playing field as the T6 player will have been working on/with this mechanic since they moved up creating a skill gap that wont solve the problem.  If this is an impossibility to implement then some form of TK damage or reimbursement needs to be added to at least discourage a member of your own team from crippling your limited assets for his own laughs. 

As frustrating as it is I could still live with having to be down tiered because in the end the experience of learning to use friendly AA as much as possible and controlling your air groups to find any advantage you can in this situation will only make you better.  However having your own teammate kill your air groups with strafe is just totally unacceptable, and in no other case of a player causing damage to a friendly is it not penalized.

Edited by Drachost
  • Bad 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

We understand your pain @Drachost. We are always working behind the scenes to make the game great for our players but this can take time. We appreciate your patience as well as the suggestions that you all bring forward to us. We are always listening and love to hear your thoughts while we continue to work on this and other lines in the game 

Members
31 posts
4,292 battles

Thank you for the reply Wolf, and I completely understand it takes time to implement change especially with balancing and all the other issues to consider.  This is the most aggravating thing to me, and I do hope others as it truly is unacceptable.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:40 PM, Drachost said:

However having your own teammate kill your air groups with strafe is just totally unacceptable, and in no other case of a player causing damage to a friendly is it not penalized.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
On 05/04/2018 at 12:37 PM, Drachost said:

Thank you for the reply Wolf, and I completely understand it takes time to implement change especially with balancing and all the other issues to consider.  This is the most aggravating thing to me, and I do hope others as it truly is unacceptable.

i agree with you about the tier 5 in tier 6 CV match and its nice to see that there is some people out there that understand the CV rework isnt a easy fix like people thing and it will take time to get the CV right then all the other stuff that gos with it i.e AA. amount off times ive tried to tell people it's not a easy fix like they think that its just a matter off a buff to AA and its done. so thankyou for being one off the people that understands that this re-work will  take time and hopefully turns out good

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
On 4/4/2018 at 2:32 PM, WolfofWarship said:

We understand your pain @Drachost. We are always working behind the scenes to make the game great for our players but this can take time. We appreciate your patience as well as the suggestions that you all bring forward to us. We are always listening and love to hear your thoughts while we continue to work on this and other lines in the game 

We are always listening and love to hear your thoughts while we continue to work on this and other lines in the game