Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

Why the price increase?

28 comments in this topic

Members
6,624 posts
25,265 battles

Anyone noticed the price of the 100x economic signal flags is now $16.11?

Used to be under $15

Has the cost of producing the flags increase? GMAB

[ICOP]
Members
777 posts
3,090 battles

Most likely happened to increase sales of the 300 flags version.

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

It's OK if World of Warships makes money.  That way we will continue to have a game to play.  LOL!

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles

I think someone mentioned recently that the prices were going up? However I’m unsure if such was mentioned in a game site news post.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

The hand- stitching of the flags, and dye cost have gone up

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Actually, they had to put them back in the store as a stopgap.  They had intended in 0.7.3 to have the mechanism to replenish the flags in-game.  But it's been pushed back to 0.7.4 I think now.  It was an emergency scramble to put them back in the store.

I think Octavian talked about that in the Reddit notes last week.  It was someone from WG, I know that much.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Well, depends on when "used to" is.  The US dollar has fallen over 10% relative to the Russian ruble since mid-2017; if the prices are set in rubles and then converted into other currencies in which WG does business currency fluctuations alone would account for the change.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

Well, depends on when "used to" is.  The US dollar has fallen over 10% relative to the Russian ruble since mid-2017; if the prices are set in rubles and then converted into other currencies in which WG does business currency fluctuations alone would account for the change.

US prices for everything you can buy for WoWS are already higher than EU and RU prices last I checked.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,149 posts
3,085 battles
1 minute ago, Lillehuntrix said:

My guess is this too. You took the words right out of my mouth. :]

1 minute ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

US prices for everything you can buy for WoWS are already higher than EU and RU prices last I checked.

Because we're probably the most reliable cash cow (tm)? LOL.

I heard NA server buys tons of stuffs, compared to all other servers.

[P2W]
Members
685 posts
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

It's OK if World of Warships makes money.  That way we will continue to have a game to play.  LOL!

That and they can keep up with the costs of making more video's like "torpedo" which I am quite sure is headed straight for the MTV VMA's

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

Yep, I noticed it too yesterday and it made me scratch my head about it, it is a virtual item that does not cost any more to make today than it did yesterday or the day before that, so to me the price increase is NOT justified. The only thing that took any time in the making of these flags/signals, was the time it took to change the price.  Smells like another unwarranted WG money grab.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

Blorgh2017 said:

'Because we're probably the most reliable cash cow (tm)? LOL.

I heard NA server buys tons of stuffs, compared to all other servers.'

If this is the case then WG needs to get their priorities in order and stop trying to take advantage of the paying player base through the raising of prices because they feel they can milk more money out of us.  There comes a point when people finally start to wise up and wallets slam shut, when that happens this will not be a free game for anyone, it will be an unsupported dead game and just a part of everyone's memory.

WG..to raise prices and try and take advantage of those that purchase things just because you think you can is the wrong approach and bad business. It amounts to nothing less than pure evil greed, and please do not for an instant think that we are all stupid and will not notice, while many will not make comment about it, I'm sure many more than you suspect do notice and take notice.

• Cool 1

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
4 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Actually, they had to put them back in the store as a stopgap.  They had intended in 0.7.3 to have the mechanism to replenish the flags in-game.  But it's been pushed back to 0.7.4 I think now.  It was an emergency scramble to put them back in the store.

I think Octavian talked about that in the Reddit notes last week.  It was someone from WG, I know that much.

Any idea about how much each flag costs in terms of doubloons? TIA

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts
5 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Yeah, they took my money TWICE.... on two sales... and if I got my bank to force the money back, they threatened top lock my account.... they said they don't know about the double up sales... so I pointed out that if they are denying having done it, why make the threats to lock my account when all I want is my money back....

It only totalled $20 roughly, so I'm not bothered... much... but its put me off buying a premium ship....

Members
504 posts
2,827 battles
5 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

yes, this poor little company needs every penny they can get just to stay afloat. They should really run some fundraisers or something.

Meanwhile, at WG HQ

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

Members
19 posts
1,626 battles

The real joke is this company has plenty of money and if you don't believe me then go ahead and play your tier X whatever... Pick your poison, WOWS, WOWP, or WOT... Doesn't matter... It's sad when you lose money/credits even if you win the match, do the math... I personally only have tier X stuff in WOT, but I'm fairly sure it applies in there other games as well. I quickly lost interest in Clan Wars as it was, in your face, expensive to keep purchasing gold rounds, etc. several times a week...

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles
2 minutes ago, Ipara said:

The real joke is this company has plenty of money and if you don't believe me then go ahead and play your tier X whatever... Pick your poison, WOWS, WOWP, or WOT... Doesn't matter... It's sad when you lose money/credits even if you win the match, do the math... I personally only have tier X stuff in WOT, but I'm fairly sure it applies in there other games as well. I quickly lost interest in Clan Wars as it was, in your face, expensive to keep purchasing gold rounds, etc. several times a week...

World of Tanks Blitz some of the tier IX and X tanks actually got adjusted by Wargaming to earn credits if you do ok in them in a match, not even having to do good or great, just ok. And I might add that is without using premium time and they are just regular tech tree Tanks...

Members
19 posts
1,626 battles

I'm just talking about the desktop version of World of Tanks... I played some of my tier 8+ units a few months back and it hasn't changed in over a year; however maybe they saw the light, who knows...

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,408 battles
6 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Anyone noticed the price of the 100x economic signal flags is now $16.11?

Used to be under $15

Has the cost of producing the flags increase? GMAB

Vote with your wallets and don't buy the flags. Pretty simple. The consumer has more power than is realized. Just needs the organisational will of
the player base, not to purchase item. " I know it won't work, because people think, I must have "  Psychologically, WG wins every time. God bless
consumerism. The greenback is mightier than all the worlds religions. :Smile_ohmy: " A fresh greenback smells rather nice as well "  :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles

They also changed the name of the packages to hide the price hikes.

Members
17,734 posts
5,084 battles
4 hours ago, Ipara said:

It is the same here, but gentler.

Unlike WoT, you pay a fixed service cost by tier, rather than an amount based on how much damage you took. This helps by letting you concentrate on earning credits, instead of trying not to lose them at the same time.

I was about the same skill level in WoT as I am here. In WoT, T9 was a break even tier. Here, I almost always make credits (about 5-100k) in my T10.

Members
1,819 posts

WG does alot of counter productive stuff and then tries to make up for it.

The entire game is based around the best players, and they cater to them almost exclusively, and then actually have the nerve to wonder why they arent bringing in or retaining new players. Then the only option left becomes running raids on the wallets of the best and most dedicated players, because anyone who cant keep up with them are leaving the game in droves, looking for easier games.

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

Even though the cost of "making" the flags is fixed, the general cost of doing business (rent, power, staff salaries/benefits, servers) does go up over time - regardless of what business you are in.  One way for WG to cover the increase in operating costs is to raise the price of items in the shop.

I deal with the same economic forces in my business every day.  If I don't raise my prices to cover the higher costs I incur (at the risk of alienating price sensitive customers), I won't be in business for long.  It's not the comfortable part of running a company, but it comes with the territory.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
14 hours ago, Junostorm said:

Most likely happened to increase sales of the 300 flags version.

This is cheaper than buying 3 of the old 100x version. However according to Sub Octavian this was some kind of placeholder because they want to make those signal flags refillable with dubloons in game which probably means even worse pricing although there were no details given.

Sign in to follow this