Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

Tactical considerations in space battles...

7 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,400 posts
11,820 battles

..for those that didn't notice..

Meteor shower:   Don't bother putting your spotting/scout up under one.  It'll just die.   bEing under it acts as free AA if there is a carrier present.   And if your the carrier and find your self with to many fighters after your strike, they gonna die anyway,  drive on into the meteor shower!

Psi field.. if your under it, you can't repair, but fires go out one tick of damage after they are set.    Obversely firing HE at a ship in a psi field is a bit of a waste.  

Only one map, 2 cap setups for it.  Very straightforward in the line of 3 caps setup. Work your sector, east-center-west.  

Triangle of caps:  mind the traffic as you pass through the A and B caps...As a DD I've arranged a lot of you have ate torps there.   Don't be so predictable in your movement even if there' is only a limited number  of options right out of spawn.  Battle balling right off the bat is just begging for torpedo hits around the 3 minute mark as you push by and through the A or B cap respectively.

Feel free to add your own tactics of note.

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,400 posts
11,820 battles

I got no issues with it, go ahead!  It's legal under state law here for limited recreational use.   Of couse if you mess, score low and get sunk while helping to loose the match,  It's on you!

I have a hot tub.. now how can I party in the tub while playing. Hummm.?  I will score decadence points for that!

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,468 battles
36 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Triangle of caps:  mind the traffic as you pass through the A and B caps...As a DD I've arranged a lot of you have ate torps there.   Don't be so predictable in your movement even if there' is only a limited number  of options right out of spawn.  Battle balling right off the bat is just begging for torpedo hits around the 3 minute mark as you push by and through the A or B cap respectively.

Lol! - secret is out - did the space battle container challenges this past weekend & this tactic was surprisingly effective - just speed thru your own cap, then spam a blind full salvo of torps from a FlyFire as soon as you unmask into the enemy home cap - it usually netted 20-50K damage - even more if a enemy Mino-equivalent or DD thought it was a good idea to smoke in the cap to mask their fleet.

Edited by hangglide42

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Like someone said on another thread; I’ve been amazed with the torpedo hits I’ve had...

Had four Flyfore torpedoes (with four floodings,) apparently land on a Paris at the same time as an Alldestroyer salvo... The poor thing just evaporated.

Torps from the same salvo also hit that RU paper napkin whose name I don’t remrmber... Think I wound up with 100k plus that game.

A few other times torps I’d long forgotten hit things...

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
1 hour ago, hangglide42 said:

Lol! - secret is out - did the space battle container challenges this past weekend & this tactic was surprisingly effective - just speed thru your own cap, then spam a blind full salvo of torps from a FlyFire as soon as you unmask into the enemy home cap - it usually netted 20-50K damage - even more if a enemy Mino-equivalent or DD thought it was a good idea to smoke in the cap to mask their fleet.

This tactic worked VERY well... until today. Today, people have finally caught on and now it doesn't work as well (I was getting as much as 8 torp hits each time I did that, now it's maybe 1 or 2). Just wish there wasn't so much hydro and radar in this game mode lol.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,468 battles
3 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

This tactic worked VERY well... until today. Today, people have finally caught on and now it doesn't work as well (I was getting as much as 8 torp hits each time I did that, now it's maybe 1 or 2). Just wish there wasn't so much hydro and radar in this game mode lol.

I'm glad players have realized this and are adapting - the Space Battle triangle spawn tactic gave a team that used this over the weekend kind of a lopsided advantage (good for completing the 1st space challenges but...).   It'll make the event a bit less skewed for the rest of its run for the subsequent challenge missions.

Sign in to follow this