Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TonsOfPathos

300dmg per hit on Lender. What am I doing wrong?

10 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
604 battles

Recently I played Leander and was fighting AOBA (tier 6 CV too) with 7000hp left and it took me 17 hits to deal around 5200 dmg. The distance was 8-10km.  In case of a battleship damage per shell drops to 200. I could attack BB for the entire duration of smoke (99sec) and deal some 7k dmg with 35 hits).  With such cannons, it is only possible to deal real damage with torpedos which turns my ship into very huge and slow destroyer with low torpedo potential. Am I doing something wrong? What can be done to improve dmg output?

Edited by TonsOfPathos

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Leander only fires ap, same as most british cruisers. She doesn't do well against bow in targets, although if you need to damage them you have to land the shells on the superstructure, or if they're angled to you and not completely bow in then land the shells on the flats section of armor you can find, which is typically under the front 2 turrets, and aim a little bit higher than normal so you hit the upper belt plating instead of the main armor belt, the shells will do 1/3 the damage of a citadel but more reliable damage per salvo.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Let's say a zao angles to you, you want the shells to land where my mouse cursor is in this picture (zao has same armor plating layout as aoba, most ships excluding a select few will be like this)

Spoiler

zao.thumb.png.c9a19ece1f5807e28ae337d2de963914.png

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

Aim for the superstructure and laugh as your target eats 2000 damage salvos.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,719 posts
9,498 battles

Or moved around to get a better angle on the incoming ship, I bet you are stationary in your smoke

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
582 posts
4,589 battles

If they are bow on at that range go for the super structure. 

If they were broadside then at that range the hull for citadels. The single fire torps are also great for bow tanking ship's. 

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,137 battles

unless they are really close to you, always aiming in the superstructure of the enemy with the RU cls.

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,312 battles
44 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Let's say a zao angles to you, you want the shells to land where my mouse cursor is in this picture...

If a Leander has to worry about where to shoot at a Zao, the Leander captain needs to seriously re-consider his divisions...! :Smile_teethhappy:

(yes, I know it was example only, and yes, I know there isn't a fail division strong enough to take  a Leander to a Zao)

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
355 posts
5,212 battles

I own a Leander personally but I recommend that you get the Fiji ASAP. Fiji is like night and day compared to Leander.The four triple turrets offer a greater amount of firepower over the Leander.

Sign in to follow this