Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

current feel about CV NERFS

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

so let talk how we all fear about recent CV NERFS! Well seem like we were wanting the cv change but didnt expect them just single hand nerf cv into burning fire!

So with these changes how will other cvs be affected? Like midway with tier 9 planes? Why wargaming must u make us waste our time grinding hard to reach tier 10 cvs and u just burn them into being faming trash can now. I was hoping to finsh a grind on cv lines but with recent changes ya given hope on carriers being great again!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
15 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

so let talk how we all fear about recent CV NERFS!

OK ... my fear is that they will not be nerfed enough to not be totally OP; what are your fears?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

OK ... my fear is that they will not be nerfed enough to not be totally OP; what are your fears?

^ this

For once I agree with you on something. 

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I try to avoid looking at the tier if the planes, because I don't feel like it's a meaningful distinction in the grand scheme. I care about how the CV can perform, and Midway looks to be great right now. Her two to three predecessor still need some real help, though.

I think CVs are currently in the best place they've been in a long time, though they could stand to be better. But it will hard to make it much better without AA/spotting mechanic reworks.

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

I'm afraid that they'll nerf them without making them more fun to play and more intuitive.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
20 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Did something new happen or are we just talking about the Russian vengeance being taken out on Midway?

so how does Japanese counterpart = in planes compare to midway? Now reason, why we should have more planes because AA is insane on some ships like someone, has razor touching u out from 7km on your planes. 

33 minutes ago, amaROenuZ said:

I'm afraid that they'll nerf them without making them more fun to play and more intuitive.

well, wargaming didn't include them with clan battles and haven't talk about clan wars. It be cool if we saw a new mode clan wars and support cv play action.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,370 posts
7,948 battles

I don't fear the nerfs, more I fear Wargaming's lack of bloody understanding of their own damned game with the changes they've made or plan to make.

• lower the tier of Essex and Midway fighters - A hilariously failed attempt at fixing fighters because for the cost of a single skill point, that most people are investing in anyway because of the ammo buff they added, almost completely nullifies the nerf which is why Midway is right now stomping Hak again. Cause they forgot that DFE makes planes a tier lower stronger apparently.
  • They screwed with USN setups - instead of PROPERLY fixing fighters and giving our strike loadout as the ones we got. No, instead they make tiers 4-6 even more powerful then they already were, make tier 7-8 screwed because of locking mechanics with exit strafe and outnumbered groups, made 9 a joke because it's basically operating with Lex AS setup with how shredded those TB's get and made 10 OP as hell again.
  • TB changes - tier 8 and 9, the TB's might as well not be there vs tier 9-10 ships, sometimes even tier 8, because the lone group is first focused, and obliterated. Meanwhile at tier 10 it's only remotely working because they have 2 groups. Which leads to
  • Return of Midway 2,2,2 - they removed this TWO YEARS AGO because it WAS OP AF, and hence it was set to 2,1,3. Apparently the genius that thought reintroducing it didn't get the damn memo. What changed in those 2 years with this setup? that's right, nothing, other than AA buffs. And while the tier 10's may better fend it off, the tier 8's are usually screwed.
  • Fire changes part 1 - you made the ONE class that can not attack when set on fire, EVEN EASIER TO SET ON FIRE. Yeah, that's BRILLIANT.
  • Fire changes part 2 - oh, you increased the up time of DCP and tell us we have the "Emergency Takeoff" skill - news flash Wargaming, it's more effective to pay 22500 credits for premium DCP, if I don't have any free ones, than invest 3 points in a skill that will actually take LONGER to get planes back in the air than popping a premium DCP so they land, and pop it again in 60 seconds or less, because I could invest 2 points or use a flag to lower the cooldown, instead of the say, 80 seconds it'd take for EmT to get my planes back up on a USN CV, and maybe even as fast or faster than that on IJN's.
  • GZ's return - and the fact they seem to have given it vastly superior DB's to USN, with IJN quality and number TB's, and fighters that number 8 or 9 skills depending with a per plane DPS only 2 under higher tier USN planes but overall well higher than USN's - in a single setup. cause apparently o one at Wargaming did the math. And on that subject
  • Midways latest nerf - removing FORTY planes? Instead of addressing the main issues, OP USN fighters, Midway's 2,2,2 being too effective or Hak maybe being a little low on planes WE OVER NERF MIDWAYS PLANE COUNT. I took 5 minutes with a calculator and initially estimating a point and I forget the exact numbers but pretty sure it was nerf Midway to 112 fighters or buff Hak to about 120 forthem to actually have similar planes/group refill ratios. 

And all the rest of the dumb changes that make no damned sense.

• Cool 4

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

Gut the punks.  :Smile_hiding:     they keep putting holes in my ships.

• Boring 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
1 hour ago, amaROenuZ said:

My current belief is that it will either be this; or they won’t do anything at all except Midway-esque micro-screwing ‘fixes.’

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

My current belief is that it will either be this; or they won’t do anything at all except Midway-esque micro-screwing ‘fixes.’

with recent wargaming feel cant they offer can option to get a refund of exp and credits for wasted grind since they have ruin the carriers? Like the buff the AA on many ship and take away more planes to use making carriers useless. Only sense that be smart to offer us a refund for all that exp wasted on the line which could gone to another bb or cruiser or destroyer.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
400 posts
6,164 battles

The hate for CVs is REAL. I mean whats so scary about few planes flying over you. If you have decent AA you can live. IF your afraid of the players that operate the CVs whether they are good or bad, Well its RNGesus's call. Otherwise I see this as people complaing about dying to a CV without really doing much in-game.

Sign in to follow this