You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mohawkdriver

Tier 10 Permanent Camo

24 comments in this topic

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,199 posts
10,162 battles

So I was just sitting here playing co-op and observed how dismally low the payout was with my Hindenburg and Minotaur, even when using the best temp camo I had that offered the most of everything.  On a whim, I purchased the permanent camo for the Hindenburg and now I am a believer.  The 5000 doubloons was well worth the investment because now I make money every game.

Permacamo for high tiers; it works.  Can confirm.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,546 posts
3,734 battles

The -50% service cost is a massive deduction and the camo even adds 20% credits. Then with flags and clan bonus, your service cost gets to -70%.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts
18 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

So I was just sitting here playing co-op and observed how dismally low the payout was with my Hindenburg and Minotaur, even when using the best temp camo I had that offered the most of everything.  On a whim, I purchased the permanent camo for the Hindenburg and now I am a believer.  The 5000 doubloons was well worth the investment because now I make money every game.

Isn't there 40% of Camos on 20 April?

[PVE]
Members
51 posts
14,784 battles

With premium time and the permanent camo you definitely can turn a decent profit at Tier 10 in PVE. 

My issue is with Tier 9. You can have good PVE matches that still net you negative credits.

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
31 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Isn't there 40% of Camos on 20 April?

No one has ever seen Permanent camos go on discount. Tee discounts are for the other one time camos which are sold for credits and doubloons I guess.

Edited by sansfaille

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles

The tier 10 permanent camos are quite good.  I've got them on almost all my 10's.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,035 battles

If you play the ship a lot, then it pays out.  5K of doubloons translates into 12.5 mil of credits- so need 75 to 100 games (with premium) for it to be an even transaction.  I have perm camo on 4 of my 12 tier 10s, on the ships I play the most only.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles

I got one for the Hindenburg that I play all the time in CB, it's been well worth it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
1 hour ago, mohawkdriver said:

Welcome to the believers side. Every T10 I own has it's perma camo. Only way I can afford to play the ships in Co-op.

Perma camo is HUGE in PVE at all tiers but at T10 with the -50% and +20% it turns the ships into Premiums basically.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
1 hour ago, xyt272 said:

With premium time and the permanent camo you definitely can turn a decent profit at Tier 10 in PVE. 

My issue is with Tier 9. You can have good PVE matches that still net you negative credits.

Yeah, T9 is probably the least profitable comparatively speaking in Co-op of all tiers. Even with the perma camo it is tough. I still make money barring a really bad game but it can be a really low profit. 

The somewhat recent change from -10% to -20% on the service fee modifier is a big help. I would like to see them buff it a bit more to compensate for such a high service fee. Maybe add +5% or +10% credits.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

The -50% service cost is a massive deduction and the camo even adds 20% credits. Then with flags and clan bonus, your service cost gets to -70%.

The clan bonuses are great. You guys have been collecting oil like crazy, so we could get all the bonus buildings.

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

No one has ever seen Permanent camos go on discount. Tee discounts are for the other one time camos which are sold for credits and doubloons I guess.

I appreciate your reply. :Smile_honoring: The advertisement states Camo - 40% off credits and 40% off doubloons, so I wasn't sure if it meant any bought with credits or doubloons (it reads that way).

I have got both my Gearing (in March) and my Z-52 (today!) and am using the camo I have won or got from the French containers - I have not got the permanent camo for them; so the 40% off would have meant 3000 for the normal permanent camo or 4800 for the space camo.

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I appreciate your reply. :Smile_honoring: The advertisement states Camo - 40% off credits and 40% off doubloons, so I wasn't sure if it meant any bought with credits or doubloons (it reads that way).

I have got both my Gearing (in March) and my Z-52 (today!) and am using the camo I have won or got from the French containers - I have not got the permanent camo for them; so the 40% off would have meant 3000 for the normal permanent camo or 4800 for the space camo.

There are at least two one-use camos that can be bought with doubloons. I would expect only the one-use camo to be on sale like past camo sales.

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are at least two one-use camos that can be bought with doubloons. I would expect only the one-use camo to be on sale like past camo sales.

Many thanks Kizarvexis. :Smile_honoring:

Honestly, I do not want to end up buying the 5000 camo (or even the 8000 one), only to find out they are 40% less in 2 weeks time lol. Be great to know that won't be the case, but I've seen stranger happen with WG.

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
8 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Many thanks Kizarvexis. :Smile_honoring:

Honestly, I do not want to end up buying the 5000 camo (or even the 8000 one), only to find out they are 40% less in 2 weeks time lol. Be great to know that won't be the case, but I've seen stranger happen with WG.

You are welcome. I would hold off just in case, because you are right, stranger things have happened with WG. I don't expect perma-camo to go on sale, but you never know. I know that I spent 5k doubloons in Des Moines perma-camo last week and would also be sad if there was a perma-camo sale this month.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome. I would hold off just in case, because you are right, stranger things have happened with WG. I don't expect perma-camo to go on sale, but you never know. I know that I spent 5k doubloons in Des Moines perma-camo last week and would also be sad if there was a perma-camo sale this month.

You will be sad. I just spent 16000 doubloons on the GK and Republique space camos. LOL

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You will be sad. I just spent 16000 doubloons on the GK and Republique space camos. LOL

:Smile_teethhappy: Think about all the other camo you could buy. Minotaur and the like. :Smile_teethhappy:

[BUOY]
Members
137 posts
7,654 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

They have never and will likely never do a doubloon discount for permaflages unless perhaps they implement 'package deals' in the client like they did if you bought both Republican camos in the shop.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy: Think about all the other camo you could buy. Minotaur and the like. :Smile_teethhappy:

NO!!!! :Smile_amazed:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Add that to the 10% Clan bonus and you make Gobs of Credits

• Cool 1