You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jameshowlett

Stuck at Logon Screen

81 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles

since Thursday last week i´m unable to get into the game after clicking the "connect" button i get the rounded anchor icon and then

nothing happens,from time to time i´m able to get into the port but if i click "battle" i get again the anchor icon an then thown out to the logon screen again

with no error message

i have:

created a tkt with wg that is getting me nowhere.

got drivers up to date

uninstalled the client , downloaded EU and NA versions with the same result

runned cc cleaner to check for errors

deleted the wargaming folder from program data

deleted preferences xml

got a laptop that is able to get into the game no problem

and got fresh out of ideas

help!!!

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

And what of your internet connection?

Oh, and how long did it take for your post to go through?

Edited by warpath_33

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
12 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

And what of your internet connection?

Oh, and how long did it take for your post to go through?

internet connection is fine , i have a laptop that runs the game without problems,

what do you mean by post to go through?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, jameshowlett said:

internet connection is fine , i have a laptop that runs the game without problems,

what do you mean by post to go through?

When you pressed submit for this topic, how long did it take before it exited the editor and started showing your topic as a regular forum page?

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles

went through like butter , everything else is running ok, over watch , played coop Farcry 5, Divinity 2 , etc

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
483 posts
8,323 battles

Nice to see I'm not the only one. Been dealing with the same issue for the last two weeks.

Only thing you didn't say you tried was a clean install of Windows. I did, as well as a clean install of the game (both normal and the Steam version) with the same result.

Oh and like you there is another computer in the house that can connect no problem.

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 3:11 AM, _GreyBeard_ said:

Nice to see I'm not the only one. Been dealing with the same issue for the last two weeks.

Only thing you didn't say you tried was a clean install of Windows. I did, as well as a clean install of the game (both normal and the Steam version) with the same result.

Oh and like you there is another computer in the house that can connect no problem.

i did it actually , yesterday 

also just for fun since i got a laptop also with windows 10 i connected it to the same port on the router  with the same cable  and guess what , it works!

so i honestly have no clue of what is happening , my desktop is brandnew ryzen build good mobo with an rx 580 etc etc and it doesn´t work meanwhile my A10 notebook is able to get into the game

talking about irony

*edit*

also made an entry on the host file of windows , same result

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

The really sad thing is I have had 9 emails from Support so far, and 8 of them have been signed by a different person. The one oddball was just signed by the "Wargaming Player Support Team".

And from most of the responses that I have been getting it almost seems like "support" is an automated system that looks for keywords and then generates a copy and paste answer, as well as generating a new name to go along with it each time.

P.S. I hope you explained that to them about the laptop working and actually got a proper response to it.

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
4 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

The really sad thing is I have had 9 emails from Support so far, and 8 of them have been signed by a different person. The one oddball was just signed by the "Wargaming Player Support Team".

And from most of the responses that I have been getting it almost seems like "support" is an automated system that looks for keywords and then generates a copy and paste answer, as well as generating a new name to go along with it each time.

P.S. I hope you explained that to them about the laptop working and actually got a proper response to it.

First of all I feel your pain man,this is so frustrating, "support" is a joke all I can get from them is scripted answers, based on a successful trace which has 2 timed out hops they say that the problem is with my isp, which is bullcrap since the other pc can get into the game using the same frigging internet connection, at this point my only hope is that the issue can be somewhat resolved on a future patch but the solution definitely won't come from their lameass support 

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
14 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

their responses matches the brainwave patterns of the walkers on walking dead , totally useless

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

"Unsupport" is right. These guys are fricking unbelievable. This is the last reply I got from them,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming NA Support.

We recommend that you repair & install some necessary dependency packages to run our game.

Please follow these steps:

1.   Click on your Start Menu(Windows Logo) and open your 'Control Panel'

2.   Select 'Add/Remove Programs'(XP) or 'Programs and Features'(Vista/7)

3.   Next, please check if the following packages are installed, if they are, uninstall them all completely, restart and then re-install them in this order:

·         NET Framework 4.0

·         Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

·         Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

·         Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

·         Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

·         Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

·         Visual C++ 2013

·         MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3

Once you have re-installed the above packages:

1.   Restart your computer

2.   Update Adobe Flashplayer: Download Adobe Flashplayer

3.   Reinstall Java: Download Java

4.   Download and run the DirectX 9.0c installer: Download DirectX 9.0c Installer

5.   After restarting your machine, please attempt to play World of Warships again.

For starters their WGCheck tool reports what version of Windows you are running, as well as what you have installed. FFS they dropped support for XP how many patches ago (to the point the game won't even run on it anymore)? And yet here they are telling you how to do things in XP.

Also Flash and Java? Don't have either and don't need either, which they can damn well see from their check tool.

It it just unbelievable how bad the responses I have been getting from "support" have been. Guess I should just say screw it and give up already and find something else to play. That and this damn issue has cost me about 20 worth of premium, which based on that alone if I ever do get the game running again (if I don't just give up) will have been the last dime Wargaming ever gets from me.

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
16 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

"Unsupport" is right. These guys are fricking unbelievable. This is the last reply I got from them,

For starters their WGCheck tool reports what version of Windows you are running, as well as what you have installed. FFS they dropped support for XP how many patches ago (to the point the game won't even run on it anymore)? And yet here they are telling you how to do things in XP.

Also Flash and Java? Don't have either and don't need either, which they can damn well see from their check tool.

It it just unbelievable how bad the responses I have been getting from "support" have been. Guess I should just say screw it and give up already and find something else to play. That and this damn issue has cost me about 20 worth of premium, which based on that alone if I ever do get the game running again (if I don't just give up) will have been the last dime Wargaming ever gets from me.

and they don´t even read the goddamm ticket :

Upon double checking the recent WGC report file that you sent, we can see that you're having an application error (0) : WorldOfWarships.exe!.

The best solution you can try to fix this error is by using windows restore, yes you can switch to the earlier date when your PC was working fine and you didn’t encounter the application error.

1. Right Click on “This PC” or “My Computer” and select properties.
  2. When inside properties windows, select “Advanced system settings” in the middle-left corner.
  3. In the advanced settings window select the tab “System Protection” and then click on “System Restore“.
  4. Hit next and check the box “Show more restore points“.
  5. From there select one restore point (probably select the restore point which is 20-30 days before the current date)
  6. That’s it, it will take some time but you will be restored to the earlier point.

i told them that is reinstalled windows about 3 days ago and they want me to make a windows restore from 30days , unbelievable

they have to reemborse you for the prem , my hopes are with the next patch , because depending on their "support" i won´t be playing the game anytime soon

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Just fricking wow,

Warm regards, Admiral _GreyBeard_,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

After a careful review of the thread, I found out that you're actually running an awesome set of tech and there should be no reason for you to have such a failing experience running the game. Based on the error message, I believe a fresh clean install of your game client is warranted.

These instructions include a cleaning tool to delete any of our old files in your computer's registry. CCleaner is a free tool that we recommend (there is a paid version, however that is not necessary for the process that we would like you to perform) to remove any old corrupted files from your registry.

Please remember to move any replays and screenshots you want to save from the World of Warships directory before deleting it.

Note: Please take special care in steps 1 - 5, they are essential to this cleaning process.

Please follow these instructions:

1.   First of all, please ensure all other programs are closed and not running (ie, Skype, Steam, iTunes, etc).

2.   Log-in to the World of Warships Web Portal, ensure you have the "Remember Me" Option selected, then close your internet browser.

3.   Please uninstall the game (using the Uninstall a Program feature in windows) and delete the folder "C:\Games\World_of_Warships\profile" (if it has not been already deleted from the uninstall process.)

4.   Download CCleaner.

5.   Install and run CCleaner.

6.   In the CCleaner program, click on Registry.

7.   Near the bottom of the program, click 'Scan for issues' and then click 'Fix selected issues' Note: if you are prompted to save a backup of your registry, please click Yes. Save the backup to an easily accessible location, or to an external drive if possible.

8.   While you are still inside the CCleaner software, first, please click on 'Cleaner' (upper left hand of application), second, click 'Analyze', and then click 'Run Cleaner'. Note: This will clear out your browser history, cookies, and logins by default, please ensure that the check boxes are unticked on anything you want to keep!

9.   Download the game client installer.

10.      After installation, run the Launcher and allow the client to update to the latest version.

In the event that you have tweaked, overclocked or adjusted the attributes of any component of your computer, it is recommended to revert the settings back to default as the game is intended to run smoother in default configuration. 

Please let us know how it goes.

Guess they totally missed where I have clean installed the game at least 3 dam,n times (with one of them being the steam version), as well as clean installing Windows at least twice (one the FCU and one of the latest Insider version). Guess it hard to follow along when it is a different person responding every time.

I will give this one credit for one small thing though, he actually linked me to the old style installer, and not the crap one with WGC in it.

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles
17 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Here you go,

WoWS_internet_install_na.zip

No Wargaming Center, just the old style launcher.

thanks man! apriciate it!.

i´ll let you know how ti goes , it´s nice to have the old launchar back!

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Well I decided to play along one more time and do a clean install of the game. Well guess what? No damn change.

This is what I just finished sending "support" after this latest failure,

OK now that I have clean installed the game for the 5th time and it is still happening, what next?

By the way here is a list of things I have done and tried,

• Everything you have asked in each email

• Re-installed Windows 3 times; once with the Fall Creator’s Update and twice with the latest Insider build.

• Re-installed the game at least 5 times, once even with the Steam client

• Tried older and latest drivers

• Connected directly to the modem with the Windows Firewall turned completely off

• Restarted my modem, router and computer more times than I care to think about

• Tried 3 different network adapters; one wireless, one the onboard ethernet (wired), and a PCI-E network card (also wired)

• Changed all network cables

Every once in a while it will let me get as far as the Port. If I don’t get dropped back to the login screen within a few minutes and actually try and play a game; the game is almost totally unplayable due to the ping ranging anywhere from -35 (yes that is a minus sign) to over 5000; and that is if I don’t get dropped to the login screen during the match.

Also something as simple as moving a captain from one ship to another is slow. For something that should be almost instantaneous, it can take anywhere from 10 seconds or more, and once done invariably drops back to the login screen.

One more thing one those rare occasions when I do manage to get into port. I can be sitting there watching it and all of a sudden the port goes back for a few seconds, and then “no ships” flashes in the middle of the screen and then promptly goes back to the login screen.

Be interesting to see what if any brilliant ideas they come up with next.

Beta Testers
36 posts
6,767 battles

well will be more than i got:

"Hi jameshowlett,

Thank you for the update. We sincerely apologize as it is that we exhaust every troubleshooting steps possible to resolved your concern and we have been passed this to our developers for further investigation as it is that it was a known issue. We will going to investigate this issue and have it fixed as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for understanding.

For further questions and inquiries, do not hesitate to visit our FAQ page by clicking on this link:  
https://na.wargaming.net/support/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wiki

Thank you for being a loyal player of Wargaming America and wishing you a best of luck!"

in other words , screw me 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Just realized something,

On 4/4/2018 at 1:16 PM, jameshowlett said:

my desktop is brand new ryzen build good mobo with an rx 580 etc etc and it doesn´t work meanwhile my A10 notebook is able to get into the game

I have a Ryzen 5 1500+ on a MSI Tomahawk B350 with a RX570. And after your last response from them, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something in the combo the game doesn't like.

P.S. Haven't heard back since yesterday yet.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts

AMD control settings, display scaling should be at full panel,not at preserve aspect ratio.If no help,try to change  in game DX mode to DX9, or to DX11 if you are running DX9. Also,just for the heck of it if still problems,reboot PC in safe mode with networking,and see if you can start the game,even try to get into like training room,and attempt a battle ? Gonna be messy,like a slide show,but if it runs in  windows safe mode,than problem is with display or other drivers,not game files..

oh,forgot to tell you,,start the game using the game exe. file,not the wargaming launcher . You don`t need that crap running in the background.

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Done all that and more, and it still happens. Also I use the old launcher, as I refuse to have anything to do with that piece of crap WGC.

BTW which part of this from the last response he got from support didn't you understand?

2 hours ago, jameshowlett said:

well will be more than i got:

"Hi jameshowlett,

Thank you for the update. We sincerely apologize as it is that we exhaust every troubleshooting steps possible to resolved your concern and we have been passed this to our developers for further investigation as it is that it was a known issue. We will going to investigate this issue and have it fixed as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for understanding.

For further questions and inquiries, do not hesitate to visit our FAQ page by clicking on this link:  
https://na.wargaming.net/support/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wiki

Thank you for being a loyal player of Wargaming America and wishing you a best of luck!"

in other words , screw me 

It's great you're trying to help, but when they come back saying it is a "known issue" it means anyone suffering from it is screwed until such a time as THEY fix.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
35 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Done all that and more, and it still happens. Also I use the old launcher, as I refuse to have anything to do with that piece of crap WGC.

BTW which part of this from the last response he got from support didn't you understand?

It's great you're trying to help, but when they come back saying it is a "known issue" it means anyone suffering from it is screwed until such a time as THEY fix.

ok,so what happened when you ran game in windows safe mode ??

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Same damn thing.

Would you like all the emails from support (all 15 of them) so you can see what hoops they have been putting me through? I highly doubt that you can come up with anything that they haven't.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
Just now, _GreyBeard_ said:

Same damn thing.

Would you like all the emails from support (all 15 of them) so you can see what hoops they have been putting me through? I highly doubt that you can come up with anything that they haven't.

been there,so no. If you are sure nobody can help you here...than y post for help ???...you know,,just saying......

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
483 posts
8,323 battles

Never really asked for help.

Started posting about it so that James knew he wasn't alone with this issue. Misery loves company and all that, don't you know.

And it looks like there is another warming up in the wings with the same problem,