You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_NewZealand

If Graf Zeppelin goes live as-is, I'm uninstalling.

356 comments in this topic

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

I realize this threat is meaningless to our corporate overlords.

I realize that the ship is considered nearly finalized as-is.

I realize I am one - utterly unimportant - person. 

But I'm laying this out there nonetheless: I can live without World of Warships - I can put it down. This ship - this grotesque super-boat - is cancer. It literally takes every cliche; every malcontent, under-the-breath muttering; every piece of forum squealing dating back since the beta regarding carriers, and makes it real.

Battleships are already basically defenseless against carriers: we can preemptively turn, and they'll realign the torpedo attack; we can slow down, and they'll do the same; we can sail in a straight line, and they'll simply giggle and delete us outright. And don't tell me "just stick with the cruisers" - HOW?! How am I supposed to chase after a 35+ knot speedboat in a lumbering 21-24 knot goliath? How do I resurrect dead cruisers who rushed ahead and got splatted, leaving me alone to hold a flank? The fact of the matter is, even with the current carriers in-game right now, the only way a battleship survives a unicum's multi-torpedo bomber squadron attack is for all the planets to align. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9592017

So the situation is already borked to hell. Enter the Graf Zeppelin, touting, not only a brace of staggered BB-totaling torpedo squadrons, but auto-win AP dive bombers as well. Nothing says immersion; nothing says "fun" like being auto-deleted by a ship you cannot even see, cannot dream of shooting back at, who targets you with a weapon you have no defense against, while simultaneously having equally capable fighters to at-tier carriers. Kaga is broken, but at least Kaga has so-so aircraft; at least we can waggle a little finger at some weakness. Not with GZ. Rise up, ye battleships and cruiser slayer. Because that's what the game needed amidst continuing, constant, incessant forum pleas for the carrier revamp: the most out of control CV ever conceived.

This will not prompt me to start playing cruisers - this will not drive me to alter my behavior, hang back and snipe, reconsider my captain builds, or, God forbid, purchase the GZ. This will open the door for me to leave the game, full purse jingling as I do so. 

Again, I can only ever speak for my own person. But there are things I will not tolerate, and Graf Zeppelin as-is is one of them.   

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 24
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,739 posts
4,538 battles

Yeah this will be me:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[5BS]
Members
4,535 posts

Sounds like you are playing the wrong BB's. Play USN or RN ones: none of those comments are valid for them: they both turn more rapidly (and smaller circles and in the USN case, with far less speed loss) and have HIGHLY potent AA and deck armor that negates AP bombs. Stop playing e-z-mode KM BB's or 'I'm a cool sniper!' IJN BB's.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 8

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

Last night I watched a Graf Zeppelin fly its bombers of a Lyon and totally Obliterate the poor ship in one shot. The Lyon didn't live long enough to gain 1 point of Xp. I've been in a Atlanta Double Belfast div that wasn't as dirty as that bombing run.  

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
425 posts
18,363 battles

Let me take a moment to say goodbye to you.............................................................................................Um Goodbye........................................................................................

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 10

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

the ship is only really good against battleships and even then the USN and RN BBs have the deck armor and/or the AA power to mitigate the incoming plane attacks. Destroyers and cruiser are more or less immune to the Graf Zeppelin attacks. even the KM BBs can deal with CVs if the get anuel AA instead of manual secondaries. even if you don't do that just stick close to a cruiser they will most likely have the AA to help you.

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
1 minute ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Let me take a moment to say goodbye to you.............................................................................................Um Goodbye........................................................................................

Gee, what a unique post. Nobody has ever done that in the history of forums before. We should commemorate some kind of special release coin to pay homage to your creativity. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Members
218 posts
4,970 battles

I am all for anything that nukes the fudge outta BBs. Too many BBs per game at the moment. I wish I could play a CV well enough to sink the BBs. As is, I have to settle for torping them with DDs or lighting them on fire with a cruiser.

Shucks, if you uninstall I guess you count as perma-sunk.

Edited by Andreas_Jager
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 9

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,101 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Last night I watched a Graf Zeppelin fly its bombers of a Lyon and totally Obliterate the poor ship in one shot. The Lyon didn't live long enough to gain 1 point of Xp.  

I don't see the problem there.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,102 battles

Not enough CVs in the game to warrant a reaction like this OP.   You will not be missed.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 7

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
682 posts
10,356 battles

You make it sound like she's invincible my Missouri,Alabama and Iowa have no issues swatting planes like flies. Is the ship annoying sure but not worth uninstalling over division up bring a cruiser or a BB with good AA 

• Cool 1

Members
218 posts
4,970 battles
13 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Last night I watched a Graf Zeppelin fly its bombers of a Lyon and totally Obliterate the poor ship in one shot. The Lyon didn't live long enough to gain 1 point of Xp. I've been in a Atlanta Double Belfast div that wasn't as dirty as that bombing run.  

What? You mean like playing a cruiser now? Typical response.... Git Gud!

Edited by Andreas_Jager
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,101 battles
32 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

nothing says "fun" like being auto-deleted by a ship you cannot even see

Welcome to T8 cruiser play in a T10 battle (sometimes). No sympathy here.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BBP]
Members
333 posts
4,024 battles

Crazy ideas...

• Pick a BB line that has strong AA.  
  • If GZs and other CVs bother you so much, do a full AA build on your BB.
  • Stay close to other strong AA boats like US BBs and cruisers.

If you did all that then maybe just maybe...boom, problem mostly goes away...

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,528 posts
6,683 battles

just popping in to say hi :Smile_glasses: I'll remember to say hi in battle as my t7 Graf Zeppelin planes obliterate your t10 bb, because you make zero effort to evade or mitigate or render costly my attacks

(edit 3 x kraken in the last couple of days, the music of sinking ships and /ragequitting players, and ofc, numerous /reports-).

Spoiler

shot-18.04.01_21.57.27-0890.jpgone recent example among many..pure delight.. (I earned massive xp, credits and reports from unhappy bb campers)

shot-18.04.01_18.25.01-0943.jpgand another..

• Funny 4
  • Bad 6

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
36 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

But I'm laying this out there nonetheless: I can live without World of Warships - I can put it down. This ship - this grotesque super-boat - is cancer. It literally takes every cliche; every malcontent, under-the-breath muttering; every piece of forum squealing dating back since the beta regarding carriers, and makes it real.

Battleships are already basically defenseless against carriers: we can preemptively turn, and they'll realign the torpedo attack; we can slow down, and they'll do the same; we can sail in a straight line, and they'll simply giggle and delete us outright. And don't tell me "just stick with the cruisers" - HOW?! How am I supposed to chase after a 35+ knot speedboat in a lumbering 21-24 knot goliath? How do I resurrect dead cruisers who rushed ahead and got splatted, leaving me alone to hold a flank? The fact of the matter is, even with the current carriers in-game right now, the only way a battleship survives a unicum's multi-torpedo bomber squadron attack is for all the planets to align. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9592017

So the situation is already borked to hell. Enter the Graf Zeppelin, touting, not only a brace of staggered BB-totaling torpedo squadrons, but auto-win AP dive bombers as well. Nothing says immersion; nothing says "fun" like being auto-deleted by a ship you cannot even see, cannot dream of shooting back at, who targets you with a weapon you have no defense against, while simultaneously having equally capable fighters to at-tier carriers. Kaga is broken, but at least Kaga has so-so aircraft; at least we can waggle a little finger at some weakness. Not with GZ. Rise up, ye battleships and cruiser slayer. Because that's what the game needed amidst continuing, constant, incessant forum pleas for the carrier revamp: the most out of control CV ever conceived.

This will not prompt me to start playing cruisers - this will not drive me to alter my behavior, hang back and snipe, reconsider my captain builds, or, God forbid, purchase the GZ. This will open the door for me to leave the game, full purse jingling as I do so. 

Again, I can only ever speak for my own person. But there are things I will not tolerate, and Graf Zeppelin as-is is one of them.   

Well, it is live and although I do agree that it is OP as heck - let's see if you keep your promise.

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles

I agree about the AP bombs, even on the USN Carriers they are just too damn effective.  I forget what BB I was in but remember not too long ago taking like 40k damage from one flight of USN AP bombs and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.  Now before anyone points out that you could take 40k damage from an enemy BB if he citadels you a couple times, I would like to point out that the only time that happens is when I do something wrong like expose my broadside to enemy fire or make a mistake in my position or movement.   Same goes with DD torpedoes but again, DD torpedoes only happen when I forget to use my WASD hacks,  make an error of judgement or just not be paying attention.  My point is that big hits from BBs and DD Torps are things I can actively avoid through proper positioning and good judgement.  I can't however avoid being dropped on by the CV using AP bombs.  All I can do is somehow hope that the bombs miss me.  I can't do a thing to actively avoid those bombs except click on inbound bomber squadrons and hope my AA causes them to miss....which is pretty much just like WoT artillery to be honest.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,528 posts
6,683 battles
4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I agree about the AP bombs, even on the USN Carriers they are just too damn effective.  I forget what BB I was in but remember not too long ago taking like 40k damage from one flight of USN AP bombs and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.  Now before anyone points out that you could take 40k damage from an enemy BB if he citadels you a couple times, I would like to point out that the only time that happens is when I do something wrong like expose my broadside to enemy fire or make a mistake in my position or movement.   Same goes with DD torpedoes but again, DD torpedoes only happen when I forget to use my WASD hacks,  make an error of judgement or just not be paying attention.  My point is that big hits from BBs and DD Torps are things I can actively avoid through proper positioning and good judgement.  I can't however avoid being dropped on by the CV using AP bombs.  All I can do is somehow hope that the bombs miss me.  I can't do a thing to actively avoid those bombs except click on inbound bomber squadrons and hope my AA causes them to miss....which is pretty much just like WoT artillery to be honest.

see my post above, and the results. I use HE. People fussing about the AP, the HE is far more dangerous, because it can seriously dmg everybody on the map/.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,210 posts
10,218 battles
46 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9592017

At least your post was well-written and interesting to read, OP.  I don't disagree with your opinions, but there's always a counter and it will be found.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,202 battles
38 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

o/

• Bad 2