You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Zoup's Call For A New Game Mode

29 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts

Not sure if this has been brought up in thread yet,   Just saw Zoup's  call for a new game mode  IE  A combination of capture the base and a shrinking/diminishing map,   Where for every team member caught outside the new boundary limit that team loses points and the team with the most team members in the new boundary limit gets points....................Wow this could work nice call Zoup:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Why?

Bc if you're not in a German boat you're going to be a disadvantage when forced to get close

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,541 battles

U sure this wasnt an April Fools joke?

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

This was brought up months ago, horrible idea back then, horrible idea now. It would give a HUGE advantage to certain ships, and doom others.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,932 battles

I too would like to see a diminishing map, but coupled with a fight to the death. Every enemy ship has to die, and to stop them from escaping and drawing the game out forever (or having it declared a draw), by the end there is nowhere left to run or hide; final distance across is less than the shortest torpedo range and you have to fight it out to somebody's conclusion.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles

Driving WoWs more and more towards an impatient, ADHD, first-person shooter game is what has continued to deteriorate the quality of the player base.  Tactics, planning, strategy, forecasting.... the best games are ones where careful and thoughtful consideration resulted in execution that spanned over the course of time.  Time that lasts longer than 3-5 minutes.

Simplified example:  Chess is a far more enriching and rewarding game than tic tac toe.

Stop encouraging tic tac toe mentality play and you will stop attracting tic tac toe mentality players.  It's just that simple.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Not sure if this has been brought up in thread yet,   Just saw Zoup's  call for a new game mode  IE  A combination of capture the base and a shrinking/diminishing map,   Where for every team member caught outside the new boundary limit that team loses points and the team with the most team members in the new boundary limit gets points....................Wow this could work nice call Zoup:Smile_medal:

It's a TERRIBLE idea. Why?  Because I absolutely loathe with a fiery burning passion any idea that includes god damned shrinking maps!!!  :Smile-angry:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Why?

Oh I don't know maybe it would force ships like BB's that are slow and can't maneuver well into smaller and smaller areas where DD's and even Cruisers can have a field day torping them for just one reason.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,903 posts
3,284 battles

Next April Fool's event maybe, but as a permanent game mode, absolutely not. Some ships will have a better advantage than others in such a battle, and would require a complete rebalancing of all ships.

NOW, we can take this idea, and modify it a little: Shrinking Point.

Every ship inside the zone earns 1 point every some odd seconds, regardless if enemy ships are in the zone or not.

The Zone starts at it's largest size (entire map), and slowly shrinks over the course of play. Map size does not change, just the zone that gives points.

20 minute game, 10x10 map grid, on the mini-map. Every 4 minutes, the size of the zone is reduced, From 10x10, to 8x8, to 6x6 to 4x4 to 2x2... The final 4 minutes would bring an end to the game, which would be when the zone reaches 0x0. As a result 2x2 grids on the mini-map, would be the smallest the zone could be. It also doesn't have to be a square zone, it could still remain a circle, with diameter of 10 (radius 5) and shrinking from there.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

Im sure it has been thought up even before i brought it up a month ago, it was a short thread, i suggested, Crucis (IIRC) said no, we both agreed on night battles.

Personally i want to triple the maps in the game, i get tired of things like 9 trident epicenter out of 10 matches. 8 in a row. I actually like that map, but not that much.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,292 battles

I'd rather see attack/defend modes. Best two out of three, 10 minute battle segments. One team must defend a convoy/base/giant lobster/etc, and the other team must attack. Sink or mission kill (perm. disable) all the convoy ships, attacking team wins. 

It would definitely be fun as a tournament mode too, or an evolution to Clan Battles that doesn't make you feel like you go to glorious gulag for lousy flag. 

Members
2,880 posts
1,365 battles
13 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Why?

Because the 'forced to close' crap, the removal of strategies and tactics.  All that would come down to is DDs waiting until the end and torping the BBs when they are all forced into a 8x8km area and there is no where to go..

Just fk the fk no.....god the hell no...

Plus, what is with wanting everyone to close to within 3 inches of each other in games?  What do people have against using your ship's range?  I dont mean sit at an ineffective range of 30km, but if you have 20km range, you should be able to use it.  Players in general need to stop trying to force every game into finishing in 5 minutes and ending in a bar brawl...

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts

For some BB players it would be like forcing Damien the Omen into a Churchyard lol.

However, just as some ship types have a distinct disadvantage in game at the moment, I could not advocate a mode that would do the same to other types. Blue on blue is bad enough as it is, could you imagine it in confined spaces. :Smile_amazed:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I really Like Zoup but this idea is destined to the flushable File system.

emJSSpD.gif

• Boring 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

No offense, but some community contributions have no idea wth they are talking about. As for Zoup, I dont remember the last time I agreed with ANYTHING he said.

This game is not PubG, and should not be treated as such. Many ships are at a terrible disadvantage when forced to fight at close range therefore its not fair to force these ships to fight at a disadcantage against their will.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
43 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

No offense, but some community contributions have no idea wth they are talking about. As for Zoup, I dont remember the last time I agreed with ANYTHING he said.

This game is not PubG, and should not be treated as such. Many ships are at a terrible disadvantage when forced to fight at close range therefore its not fair to force these ships to fight at a disadcantage against their will.

Yeah they would only try to address one problem (camping meta) and forget other ships which would be impacted. I was in a match in my zao with me and a flethcer with 2-1 caps. The red team had 3 BBs all tier 10s with one of them having barely 10k  health and other two with 25k+ health. The enemy had a points lead but still I and the fletch burnt them (not torp hits or flooding by the fletcher). This was possible only because I kept 15km+ range and wiggled a lot. If this mode was to be implemented I wouldn't even last 2-3 salvos from 3 tier 10 BBs with less than 50% of my health remaining when the engagement begun. 

They ask us to play to the ships strength and come up with ideas which they believe would "radically" change the game. Everyone comes up with ways to target or defend BBs/DDs and no one even bothers to think about the impacts of their 'ideas' on cruisers lol. #cruisersneedsomelove :D

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts
2 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

Because the 'forced to close' crap, the removal of strategies and tactics.  All that would come down to is DDs waiting until the end and torping the BBs when they are all forced into a 8x8km area and there is no where to go..

Just fk the fk no.....god the hell no...

Plus, what is with wanting everyone to close to within 3 inches of each other in games?  What do people have against using your ship's range?  I dont mean sit at an ineffective range of 30km, but if you have 20km range, you should be able to use it.  Players in general need to stop trying to force every game into finishing in 5 minutes and ending in a bar brawl...

What is it about some player's camping and or running  and  hiding if they arn't gonna play the game why are they here ?:Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts
31 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

What is it about some player's camping and or running  and  hiding if they arn't gonna play the game why are they here ?:Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm:

It's  kind of like getting a car in the Indianapolis 500 race and then once the race starts driving at the most 20  miles per hour.......................What the :etc_swear::etc_red_button: is point of that?   If your not fighting your in the way

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
2,880 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Camping?  More like surveying the battlefield and waiting for an opportunity.  Or, playing defensive if your not in a position to attack.  Running?  Yeah, if your not in an advantageous position or situation, yup, turn tail and run.  Hiding?  If the situation calls for it, yup.  Draw the enemy out, get them impatient and get them to make a careless, impatient mistake.  Every situation does not call for FLANK SPEED FULL STEAM AHEAD Turn back for NOTHING!!!!! Like 99.89% of the players seem to call for. 

Making map and game modes and situations where the only option is banzai, it makes for very boring, not very indepth, nor challenging gameplay....

Edited by KnightFandragon
  • Boring 1