Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

9 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,955 posts
8,094 battles

Mostly stuck to space battles this week. It's actually easier to be devastating as a Hellcarrier in the 9v9 since less AA needs to be destroyed and not many players there run full AA builds.

Didn't play yesterday because decided to get a bit closer to beating DMC Devil May Cry. Not sure how much I'll be on this week--really need new maps!

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend went pretty well as well. Grabbed the Montana, played a bunch of the space battles as well. The 9v9 did allow for a lot more aggressive play, which makes me wonder if higher tier maps need to be bigger, so that the caps can be further apart, and you can get back to having smaller skirmishes.

[SF-3]
Members
1,436 posts
7,882 battles

Played space battles on Saturday, felt like being on the PTS. Tried 2nd spec GK and Repub, forgot manual fire secondaries on both ships, noticed respecs werent free, felt sadness. I really liked the Republique, feels like a BC more than a BB. Mostly played randoms on Sunday, did ok, actually players werent too bad, except for a few morons.

Had this [edited] DD complaining the last 1/3 of the match about how we were going to lose, blah blah blah, we needed to take the caps, blah blah blah. At that point we were up 2 ships, only had 1 cap and but were up 300+ pts, so like 550 to 250, plenty of time. All the while he is [edited] we are taking the other 2 caps and pushing their remaining forces. He did score very well, just a complete [edited]tool though.

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Played a bunch of Space Battles on Saturday, it left me wishing for a Same-Tier Only battle mode for WoWs, and a true World of Starships game. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,684 posts
15,185 battles

Played the Space Battles to farm elite XP, and finished the grind to Conqueror (my 5th T10 - a paper ship but essential for Clan and perhaps Ranked battles at some point) with a bit of help from my free XP. Traded in La Galissonière, Brétagne, Nomandie and Algérie and freed up their ship XP and got Lyon (which will be gone as soon as) on my way to Richelieu, which is where the grind in the MN line stops. Got De Grasse to replace La Galissonière, a Vichy MN ship, as my Free French CL. The two Vichy MN premiums I will hang on to until I get to Richelieu and WG brings on the MN DD line with at least one Free French DD in it. Broke even in Randoms, which for me on a weekend is acceptable.

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

Can't get into the Space thing.  I like the bathtub better lol.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles

Space battles were fun but, noticed some things that were annoying.  

1.  DDs on my team, more often than not, died in first 2 mins.

2.  3 cap domination results in win more often when team goes for it on third cap early.

3.  Norma drivers never use their smoke and consequently get smoked (killed).

4.  CVs in game are practically non-existent.

5.  Consistently did over 150k in the GK clone but, lost 80% of the time.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Like everyone else, played the space thing a bit, like it but some really uneven gameplay.   

As a solo player, spent a lot of the weekend being bottom tier, unless I took out a tier 9 or 10 ship.  One exception, decided to take out one of my port queens, Prinz Eugen, and was top tier ( for the first time in the PE in a long time).  Had a good game, outcome was in the balance until our Mog team killed our Scharnhorst by accident late in the game.  Reminded me that tier 8 could be fun to play when you are not battling tier 9 and 10 ships every game.  

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,795 battles

Played a lot of Space battles, mainly played the Galaxy or the Norma. Win rate was pretty decent (75% or more) with 100k avg damage. Overall, I had a lot of fun.

Sign in to follow this