Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Question about reworking my german commander skill points

9 comments in this topic

Members
205 posts
4,238 battles

Is it viable to trade BFT plus an extra skill point my capt has and put it on concealment expert? It seems this would make disengaging from a bad situation much easier. Thoughts? This is my bismark/Tirpitz captain

Edited by crazyferret23777

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,437 battles

IMHO, concealment expert for a DD is essential within the 1st 10 Commander’s skill points w/ very few exceptions (e.g very high visibility DDs like the Khaba which plays more like a light cruiser gunship).  The ability to stealth to disengage is key to DD survivability.  German DDs are on the large side as DDs go so you’re already at a stealth disadvantage.

I also use Conceal on my BBs since it makes a big difference in controlling your engagement.  You’re able to get off a more opportunistic salvo on an unsuspecting target during the initial engagement and also gives you a better chance to disengage when focused.  I originally tried manual secondaries on my German BBs, but traded it for Conceal a while back.  I still extend the range of secondaries so you still get a 11 km range + BFT for the ROF.  This situationally trades off the increased hit chance of secondaries, but actually overall gives me a more useful BB wrt general engagements & actually a higher secondary DPM if engaging multiple targets from both sides of the ship.

Edited by hangglide42

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

For Bismarck/Tirpitz, I do AA/secondary hybrid. On the modules, I can interchange AA or secondary mod 2, depending on whether divved with a CV or not.

Bismarck.PNG

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,323 battles

I use CE for basically all my boats, with the notable exception of Bismarck/Tirpitz. I still run a full second secondary build and I think its loads of fun, no intention to change it. But.. that doesn't mean it is optimal, many will argue that the massive investment in points to run a full secondary build is just not worth it.

[SF-3]
Members
1,438 posts
7,882 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I use CE for basically all my boats, with the notable exception of Bismarck/Tirpitz. I still run a full second secondary build and I think its loads of fun, no intention to change it. But.. that doesn't mean it is optimal, many will argue that the massive investment in points to run a full secondary build is just not worth it.

I think it depends on your MM luck, full 2nd spec is pretty good at T8 and lower, but at higher tiers you want survivalability. Then again, if you dont care about min / max, play how you want to play the game.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,718 posts
4,517 battles

Honestly you can go two routes.

Zombie build which basically buffs all tanking/fire prevention/healing

Or roll:

"DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!" - which purely focuses on secondaries. 

Not gonna lie, rolling around the corner and blasting people with secondaries is fun...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,323 battles
6 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I think it depends on your MM luck, full 2nd spec is pretty good at T8 and lower, but at higher tiers you want survivalability. Then again, if you dont care about min / max, play how you want to play the game.

I think even bottom tier its ok, you just have to control that aggression a bit longer, stick with the pack a bit more till the enemy thins out a bit. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Secondary build is the only way to go for the Bis and Tirp. They are the ultimate in Brawling BB's.

Members
17,756 posts
5,084 battles
18 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Secondary build is the only way to go for the Bis and Tirp. They are the ultimate in Brawling BB's.

I did trade my AFT for FP though. 9.4km is almost as good as 10.6km, and I live longer lol.

Sign in to follow this