Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[2347]
Members
177 posts
4,694 battles

This is going to sound stupid, but my favorite ship is the Katori. That's not why this is a stupid statement, although some people might think so; it makes no sense because I only have 10 random games in the thing, but every single time I've played it, I've had fun. I only have a 50% win rate, to get the numbers out of the way, and I've sunk 9 ships and survived half my battles. I have no idea what my WTR in the Katori might be and with only 10 battles, who cares?

I love it for it's looks, first of all. I got it back when they were giving them away for free, whenever the heck that was - two years ago? Not so long, probably. It looks like a fleet tug boat to me.Or an old T-AGOS ship, which I spent some time on. USNS Assertive in particular, if anyone out there be in the knowing of such things. So Katori brings back relatively fond memories just looking at that ugly hull, which is beautiful to me. I also got the free premium camo that looks like a turtle and I like it in the greenish shade just fine, but I'm rockin' blue at the moment. Thank you, Yamamoto!

What else do I love about it? Not the top speed of 19kts (with speed flag!) that's for sure, or the 9.whatever rudder shift. It's a tugboat, like I said. No, I love those sweet shooting guns that seem to start fires every other salvo. I think they have a sigma right up there with Yamato, but I might be wrong. Dispersion is awesome and the 9% fire chance I have with flags (no DE, unfortunately) feels more like 19%, I swear. My Kutuzov doesn't start as many fires as this thing does.

The torps are pretty bland, I must admit, but she has them and once I even managed to effectively use them against a sadly overconfident St. Louis driver. It is tier three, after all. It also comes with a float plane! How cool is that? A tugboat with it's very own fighter. Those things come in handy, for anyone who doesn't know. The armor's nothing to brag about, the concealment is less than 10km with concealment expert, but if there's a red ship in range, I'm shooting anyway. I'm using it to train my 12pt Amagi captain right now, so nothing special there.

Anyhow, I just wanted to express my admiration for the Katori and thank wargaming for putting out a premium that is very fun and pretty well balanced, in my opinion. Do I wish the guns would reload just a bit faster? Sure, but with that accuracy...Leave 'em alone, Wargaming! They're perfect. If anyone else appreciates this boat the way I do, go ahead and tell the world, but I suspect we're a rather small club in the greater scheme of things.

Here's my last game, just for kicks. Random matchmaking - Three ships per side. I was a little nervous looking at the starting line-ups, but we had a good DD and a not very good BB, so it all evened out in the end. Had it been the other way around, I don't think we would have done so well.

Spoiler

katori_1.thumb.png.508518463ec52cd3aceae64a02c2d40b.pngkatpri_2.thumb.png.63dccf276173043ebde73c0d80aa8667.png

Have a great day, Sports Fans!

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
45 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

This is going to sound stupid, but my favorite ship is the Katori.

Does not sound stupid to me, I am sure everyone has their "odd ball" favorite ship. Mine is the HSF Graf Spee, while not that "different" as the Katori I have seen it get its hate from Anti-Anime to those who call it half a Scharnhorst.

• Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,040 posts
8,925 battles

Katori's guns are pretty good, and I've even managed a couple 100k damage games in her burning down BB's from range.

But sub-BB speed is just painful on any cruiser.  Pretty sad when South Carolina gives her a run in a drag race.

• Funny 1

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,210 battles

Its a fun little boat, plugging along at 18knts with lasers firing.

My mate calls it the Sushi boat...

Edited by _cthulhu_

Members
6,619 posts
25,219 battles

Katori is fun, guns are great. Speed? Not so much.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,030 battles

Can be fun depending on map and tier level, or when no one shoots at you. Have fun, sometimes a boat just clicks, so enjoy.

[-S-R-]
Members
316 posts
7,091 battles

Katori is an awesome ship.  My best game is a 120k Kraken and it was a riot.

[2347]
Members
177 posts
4,694 battles

^^^Brings a smile to my face! Thanks guys!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Won my Katori way back when played it for about 30 games then went back to grinding. When I do go back to tier 3 It is the ship I take for shyts n giggles.

Members
50 posts
6,346 battles

Katori is a fun boat. And got one of my first Krakens in it too!  Exciting game, except I think it ended in a loss even with my Kraken....

[GLF]
Beta Testers
520 posts
10,383 battles

Nothing crazy about it....as all have said, Katori is a blast to play....call mine Yubari-lite...lol....yeah the speed is not great and she can't run , but those 5.5"s are like lazers and she has strong AA for her tier

take mine out a fair amount of time

Sign in to follow this