Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HarunaKai

Azur Lane Collaboration with World of Warships

359 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

94
[MAPIA]
Members
193 posts
4,271 battles

World of Warships' at it again with another collaboration

Not from an anime though, it's from a video game!

Commence the purge, anti-weeb squad!

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/azurelane_collaboration_0402/

38880228-333e-11e8-9e81-38eaa7374f3c_120

 

Only two questions remain...

Is it an April Fools' joke?

Will it come to other servers besides Asia?

Edited by HarunaKai
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

I honestly doubt its an april fools joke. It just doest seem worth the effort for 2 companies to discuss the legalities and such for it.
Even if it was an april fools, the joke itself would be a collab, therefore making it not a joke, meaning that I've thought about that too much.

HSF and ARP are pretty good indicators that it'll hit other servers.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,682
[ARGSY]
Members
5,724 posts
3,912 battles

Two words: Which ships?

Two more: HOW and WHEN?

 

Bring it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

The fact they waited till April 2nd to post it so people didn’t think it was a April fools thing.

 

also it’s Enterprise in the pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,249
[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
2 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

also it’s Enterprise in the pic.

 Pretty sure that's Shimakaze, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
2 minutes ago, m373x said:

 Pretty sure that's Shimakaze, dude.

Ah yes, the proposed conversion of Shimakaze into a fleet carrier.

IJN CV split confirmed?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Two words: Which ships?

Two more: HOW and WHEN?

 

Bring it.

I am in agreement, I was not into Anime until I got my beloved HSF Graf Spee. And to honest at first I did not care for Thea's voice. But now I miss it when it does not work.

So I really hope this comes to the NA server - and to the Anti-Anime - do not worry I am sure WG will give you a way to turn it off.

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh yeah more anime girls for WOWS. :Smile_sceptic:

Hey! AT- I love my Thea:Smile_honoring::Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
52 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I am in agreement, I was not into Anime until I got my beloved HSF Graf Spee. And to honest at first I did not care for Thea's voice. But now I miss it when it does not work.

So I really hope this comes to the NA server - and to the Anti-Anime - do not worry I am sure WG will give you a way to turn it off.

 

Even if they can turn it off, they’re still gonna complain like a DD caught in a CV’s torpedos.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Even if they can turn it off, they’re still gonna complain like a DD caught in a CV’s torpedos.

Yes I know, I am not sure why - but I know I have complained about stuff on here. But some of these Anti-Anime are worst than Nazis with their hatred, as lone as WG gives a way to turn it off for your side of the game - How does it hurt to let other players have it.

I hate the Emblems popping up after I am sunk, once a Mod came out for it to stop it I was happy and stopped posting about them. During the start up of Clan Battles, I fired off a whole bunch of [edited] about No CVs, and only Tier 10, then @LittleWhiteMouse told me one simple thing "If you do not like the Clan Battles then DO NOT PLAY it!", and guess what I realize she was right (BTW LWM, I calling you out as way to say thanks for your honesty), IF Wargaming was MAKING everyone HAVE to play Anime then I would understand their complaints.

Heck to honest, if they (the Anti-Anime) would not have complained so much, I would not of looked up the High School Fleet, and would not of gotten the HSF Graf Spee, so I guess in a way I should thank them:cap_haloween:.

Heck I did not like Space Battles BUT I tried, and I have to admit WG did a nice job on it. I hope some of the ideas from it come to the regular modes of the game.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,269
[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Okay if this is real, and doesn't come to the West, I will roll an Asia account just to take part. Been playing Azur Lane since day one of the Japanese version (was originally Chinese) and absolutely love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,428
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles

All the Anime stuff with the over-sexualized young girls scantily dressed is just plain creepy. Seeing so many adult men so into over-sexualized scantily dressed young cartoon girls is just plain creepy. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to play a Naval Combat game with a bunch of [edited].....and that is creepy. 

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,038
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,348 posts
10,134 battles
32 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yes I know, I am not sure why - but I know I have complained about stuff on here. But some of these Anti-Anime are worst than Nazis with their hatred, as lone as WG gives a way to turn it off for your side of the game - How does it hurt to let other players have it.

I hate the Emblems popping up after I am sunk, once a Mod came out for it to stop it I was happy and stopped posting about them. During the start up of Clan Battles, I fired off a whole bunch of [edited] about No CVs, and only Tier 10, then @LittleWhiteMouse told me one simple thing "If you do not like the Clan Battles then DO NOT PLAY it!", and guess what I realize she was right (BTW LWM, I calling you out as way to say thanks for your honesty), IF Wargaming was MAKING everyone HAVE to play Anime then I would understand their complaints.

Heck to honest, if they (the Anti-Anime) would not have complained so much, I would not of looked up the High School Fleet, and would not of gotten the HSF Graf Spee, so I guess in a way I should thank them:cap_haloween:.

Heck I did not like Space Battles BUT I tried, and I have to admit WG did a nice job on it. I hope some of the ideas from it come to the regular modes of the game.

Hey if it floats your boat so to speak no problem here. I just don't get the connection between cartoon girls with overdeveloped attributes and WW1-WW2 Navy ships?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hey if it floats your boat so to speak no problem here. I just don't get the connection between cartoon girls with overdeveloped attributes and WW1-WW2 Navy ships?

Well I have a couple of Tattoos that (:cap_haloween:LoL:cap_haloween:) of Navy Gals with overdeveloped attributes. And BTW I was not meaning you, I know you are not part of the group hard core haters.

I am every much "to each their own" as long as it does not affect me.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
12 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

All the Anime stuff with the over-sexualized young girls scantily dressed is just plain creepy. Seeing so many adult men so into over-sexualized scantily dressed young cartoon girls is just plain creepy. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to play a Naval Combat game with a bunch of [edited].....and that is creepy. 

That fact you’re so specific about it and that’s the first thing you think of when thinking about anime and relate it too, is a bit creepy itself.

 

Because when I think of anime I usually think of crazy haired guys with all kinds of stupid powers and big old eyes, rainbow hair and some cute mascot anime.

 

Edited by Submarine_Albacore
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
59 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Even if they can turn it off, they’re still gonna complain like a DD caught in a CV’s torpedos.

lol

+1, just for the meme/visual...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,428
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

That fact you’re so specific about it and that’s the first thing you think of when thinking about anime and relate it too, is a bit creepy itself.

 

Because when I think of anime I usually think of crazy haired guys with all kinds of stupid powers and big old eyes, rainbow hair and some cute mascot anime.

 

I just look at all the examples of Anime used as Avatars and posts in the forums to solidify my case.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,960 posts
3,192 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

I just look at all the examples of Anime used as Avatars and posts in the forums to solidify my case.

all the anime avatars? :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I just look at all the examples of Anime used as Avatars and posts in the forums to solidify my case.

Which judging from a good majority aren’t scantily clad or whatever else you said about anime.

 

I think you’re overpenning your case.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
570 battles

I can already see where this thread is going.

Anyway, Azur Lane itself is a fun game and I don't mind the collab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
Just now, AL_Evans said:

I can already see where this thread is going.

Anyway, Azur Lane itself is a fun game and I don't mind the collab

It is indeed pretty fun. 

 

Thise pesky bomb boats always keep getting past and hitting my CVs/BBs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[MAPIA]
Members
193 posts
4,271 battles

Tfw the said game isn't even anime

It's a mobile game

 

ffs this is Touhou all over again

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×