You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HarunaKai

Azur Lane Collaboration with World of Warships

359 comments in this topic

[MAPIA]
Members
193 posts
4,271 battles

World of Warships' at it again with another collaboration

Not from an anime though, it's from a video game!

Commence the purge, anti-weeb squad!

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/azurelane_collaboration_0402/

38880228-333e-11e8-9e81-38eaa7374f3c_120

Only two questions remain...

Is it an April Fools' joke?

Will it come to other servers besides Asia?

Edited by HarunaKai
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

I honestly doubt its an april fools joke. It just doest seem worth the effort for 2 companies to discuss the legalities and such for it.
Even if it was an april fools, the joke itself would be a collab, therefore making it not a joke, meaning that I've thought about that too much.

HSF and ARP are pretty good indicators that it'll hit other servers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,724 posts
3,912 battles

Two words: Which ships?

Two more: HOW and WHEN?

Bring it.

• Cool 2

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

The fact they waited till April 2nd to post it so people didn’t think it was a April fools thing.

also it’s Enterprise in the pic.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
2 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

also it’s Enterprise in the pic.

Pretty sure that's Shimakaze, dude.

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
2 minutes ago, m373x said:

Pretty sure that's Shimakaze, dude.

Ah yes, the proposed conversion of Shimakaze into a fleet carrier.

IJN CV split confirmed?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Two words: Which ships?

Two more: HOW and WHEN?

Bring it.

I am in agreement, I was not into Anime until I got my beloved HSF Graf Spee. And to honest at first I did not care for Thea's voice. But now I miss it when it does not work.

So I really hope this comes to the NA server - and to the Anti-Anime - do not worry I am sure WG will give you a way to turn it off.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh yeah more anime girls for WOWS. :Smile_sceptic:

Hey! AT- I love my Thea:Smile_honoring::Smile_Default:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
52 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I am in agreement, I was not into Anime until I got my beloved HSF Graf Spee. And to honest at first I did not care for Thea's voice. But now I miss it when it does not work.

So I really hope this comes to the NA server - and to the Anti-Anime - do not worry I am sure WG will give you a way to turn it off.

Even if they can turn it off, they’re still gonna complain like a DD caught in a CV’s torpedos.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Even if they can turn it off, they’re still gonna complain like a DD caught in a CV’s torpedos.

Yes I know, I am not sure why - but I know I have complained about stuff on here. But some of these Anti-Anime are worst than Nazis with their hatred, as lone as WG gives a way to turn it off for your side of the game - How does it hurt to let other players have it.

I hate the Emblems popping up after I am sunk, once a Mod came out for it to stop it I was happy and stopped posting about them. During the start up of Clan Battles, I fired off a whole bunch of [edited] about No CVs, and only Tier 10, then @LittleWhiteMouse told me one simple thing "If you do not like the Clan Battles then DO NOT PLAY it!", and guess what I realize she was right (BTW LWM, I calling you out as way to say thanks for your honesty), IF Wargaming was MAKING everyone HAVE to play Anime then I would understand their complaints.

Heck to honest, if they (the Anti-Anime) would not have complained so much, I would not of looked up the High School Fleet, and would not of gotten the HSF Graf Spee, so I guess in a way I should thank them:cap_haloween:.

Heck I did not like Space Battles BUT I tried, and I have to admit WG did a nice job on it. I hope some of the ideas from it come to the regular modes of the game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Okay if this is real, and doesn't come to the West, I will roll an Asia account just to take part. Been playing Azur Lane since day one of the Japanese version (was originally Chinese) and absolutely love it. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles

All the Anime stuff with the over-sexualized young girls scantily dressed is just plain creepy. Seeing so many adult men so into over-sexualized scantily dressed young cartoon girls is just plain creepy. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to play a Naval Combat game with a bunch of [edited].....and that is creepy. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 18

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,348 posts
10,134 battles
32 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yes I know, I am not sure why - but I know I have complained about stuff on here. But some of these Anti-Anime are worst than Nazis with their hatred, as lone as WG gives a way to turn it off for your side of the game - How does it hurt to let other players have it.

I hate the Emblems popping up after I am sunk, once a Mod came out for it to stop it I was happy and stopped posting about them. During the start up of Clan Battles, I fired off a whole bunch of [edited] about No CVs, and only Tier 10, then @LittleWhiteMouse told me one simple thing "If you do not like the Clan Battles then DO NOT PLAY it!", and guess what I realize she was right (BTW LWM, I calling you out as way to say thanks for your honesty), IF Wargaming was MAKING everyone HAVE to play Anime then I would understand their complaints.

Heck to honest, if they (the Anti-Anime) would not have complained so much, I would not of looked up the High School Fleet, and would not of gotten the HSF Graf Spee, so I guess in a way I should thank them:cap_haloween:.

Heck I did not like Space Battles BUT I tried, and I have to admit WG did a nice job on it. I hope some of the ideas from it come to the regular modes of the game.

Hey if it floats your boat so to speak no problem here. I just don't get the connection between cartoon girls with overdeveloped attributes and WW1-WW2 Navy ships?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hey if it floats your boat so to speak no problem here. I just don't get the connection between cartoon girls with overdeveloped attributes and WW1-WW2 Navy ships?

Well I have a couple of Tattoos that (:cap_haloween:LoL:cap_haloween:) of Navy Gals with overdeveloped attributes. And BTW I was not meaning you, I know you are not part of the group hard core haters.

I am every much "to each their own" as long as it does not affect me.

• Boring 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
12 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

All the Anime stuff with the over-sexualized young girls scantily dressed is just plain creepy. Seeing so many adult men so into over-sexualized scantily dressed young cartoon girls is just plain creepy. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to play a Naval Combat game with a bunch of [edited].....and that is creepy. 

That fact you’re so specific about it and that’s the first thing you think of when thinking about anime and relate it too, is a bit creepy itself.

Because when I think of anime I usually think of crazy haired guys with all kinds of stupid powers and big old eyes, rainbow hair and some cute mascot anime.

Edited by Submarine_Albacore
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
59 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

lol

+1, just for the meme/visual...

• Cool 3

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

That fact you’re so specific about it and that’s the first thing you think of when thinking about anime and relate it too, is a bit creepy itself.

Because when I think of anime I usually think of crazy haired guys with all kinds of stupid powers and big old eyes, rainbow hair and some cute mascot anime.

I just look at all the examples of Anime used as Avatars and posts in the forums to solidify my case.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Members
1,960 posts
3,192 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

I just look at all the examples of Anime used as Avatars and posts in the forums to solidify my case.

all the anime avatars? :cap_yes:

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Which judging from a good majority aren’t scantily clad or whatever else you said about anime.

I think you’re overpenning your case.

• Bad 1

Members
7 posts
570 battles

I can already see where this thread is going.

Anyway, Azur Lane itself is a fun game and I don't mind the collab

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
Just now, AL_Evans said:

I can already see where this thread is going.

Anyway, Azur Lane itself is a fun game and I don't mind the collab

It is indeed pretty fun. 

Thise pesky bomb boats always keep getting past and hitting my CVs/BBs 

[MAPIA]
Members
193 posts
4,271 battles

Tfw the said game isn't even anime

It's a mobile game

ffs this is Touhou all over again

• Cool 1