You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BB_Tosa

Azure Lane collab?

187 comments in this topic

Members
1,960 posts
3,192 battles

Look what the SEA server dragged in

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/azurelane_collaboration_0402/

38880228-333e-11e8-9e81-38eaa7374f3c_120'

EDIT

adding this in to help people understand what the collab is

The collab itself is two-way 
AL is gaining WoWS assets
Wows is gaining AL assets

at the time of this writing there are 220 ships in azure lane with 36 remodels

Edited by BB_Tosa
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

Too bad it’ll probably be only for SEA.

Also inb4 “anime in my warships! Anger!”

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
552 posts
4,747 battles

Good thing I have a SEA account. 

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles
26 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Too bad it’ll probably be only for SEA.

Also inb4 “anime in my warships! Anger!”

Why would it be? None of the other anime collabs in WoWs have been.

• Cool 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
552 posts
4,747 battles
1 minute ago, Avalon304 said:

Why would it be? None of the other anime collabs in WoWs have been.

I can see an AL collab being hugely unpopular on NA, and also Asia only collabs have been a thing in WoT.

But I am totally enjoying this.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
2 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

I can see an AL collab being hugely unpopular on NA, and also Asia only collabs have been a thing in WoT.

But I am totally enjoying this.

Every anime collab has been unpopular in NA... theres still people who whinge about the ARP or HSF ships. Im just hoping the WG makes it available to us here too because this collab seems like fun.

And yes I know... and I hate that those tanks are SEA only. I want Edelweiss and her crew. And the GuP tanks from Blitz/Console and the other faux-Russian Valkyria tank from Blitz.

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,611 posts
8,804 battles

Someone did this

B835DAD1-8F38-4E87-B8D6-AC333125C518.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[OPG]
Members
3,909 posts
5,503 battles
3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Every anime collab has been unpopular in NA...

The forums are an incredibly small minority of the game's population, and of the people who visit the forums I'd wager only a vocal minority of them actually bothered to complain.  I'm not saying that you're wrong, but unless there is some other form of data lying around, I really don't see how you can judge the popularity of the anime events based on a few rage threads.   

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
478 posts
3,560 battles

“You can get personal with your Ship Girls.....”  LOL

I don't watch anime or play related games but really dont care if this comes to WoWS so long as i can hide the content in my client.  If it brings WG revenue and/or new players then its good for the game. 

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

What is this anime?

A competitor to the Kantai Collection browser/mobile game; which apparently doesn’t want western $ because it refuses to make a western language version, or to do offical collabs, even in the SEA region...

I guess Azur Lane doesn’t have an issue with that? Hopefully such a collab will come to NA.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,416 posts
4,311 battles

I am ready for my Belfast hot meido unique captain to call me Goshujin-sama.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,440 posts
3,413 battles

Enterprise, Akagi, and Kaga are likely to be available as Commanders, going by the banners. Cleveland too considering they teased marrying her in the April 1st tweet.

The wild part is that WG can now make use of the AL girls to market Premiums we don't have yet, such as HMS Unicorn (HMS Saipan pls), Akagi (possible Kaga-like setup but more balanced, or OP, either works), or even do another clone-ish hull in the form of Deutschland/Lutzow (as "simple" as a Graf Spee with a different superstructure and minor gimmicks). Just like how they offered HSF Spee and Harekaze, they could come with a non-Collaboration alternate skin.

On the AL end of the collaboration, they could produce original Commanders for Zao, Hindenburg, and Minotaur, since they seem to really be following some of WoWs' implementations too, as well as the overall popularity of some of the British, German, and Japanese lines. Des Moines or Worcester would be another nice option, coinciding with the upcoming USN Cruiser split. Maybe an Imperator Nikolai or Oct.Revolution girl too to add a Russian representative too, as well as an Italian representative; such as Abruzzi (coinciding with the Premium in development hell) or Roma (as an excuse to resell Roma with a fresh AL-themed bundle).

I fully expect WG to market some of them straight; but I do hope they allow for a Collaboration Campaign that allows collection of at several girls too. So for example:

• WG markets the AL Enterprise, Kaga, Cleveland, and Belfast commanders to name a few (the high-value ones), alongside some "WoWs First" girls such as AL Yamato or Musashi, as well as any Premium ships + their commanders if they also appear (new ones such as Akagi, Unicorn, and Lutzow, or existing ones such as Roma/Okt.Rev for example).
  • WG also releases a Collaboration Campaign featuring new Original AL/WoWs girls, such as Zao, Hindenburg, Minotaur, as well as AL girls first appearing in WoWs, such as DM or Worcester, Iowa and her Russian rival Sovetsky Soyuz.
  • Cool 2

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,941 posts
3,548 battles
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

A competitor to the Kantai Collection browser/mobile game; which apparently doesn’t want western $ because it refuses to make a western language version, or to do offical collabs, even in the SEA region...

I guess Azur Lane doesn’t have an issue with that? Hopefully such a collab will come to NA.

Kancolle could have so much better... so many frustration mechanics , so little effort.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,416 posts
4,311 battles

Royal maid Belfast or riot! But afaik WG have a history of giving premium ships little extras here and there so I don't see why they couldn't do it.

The big question imho is whether the deal will include ships which don't currently exist in WoWs. The ARP and HSF collaborations suggest that it is unlikely. The closest thing to a collaboration ship has been Harekaze, which ultimately is a modified Kagero. I don't see WG going out of their way expending time and effort designing entirely new models for Unicorn or Illustrious for example and gimmicking/balancing them, unless they were already advanced in their plans to release such ships.

• Cool 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,715 battles

Considering there haven’t been any data mined premiums or skins for this yet, I’m assuming we won’t be seeing anything for a while.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Royal maid Belfast or riot! But afaik WG have a history of giving premium ships little extras here and there so I don't see why they couldn't do it.

The big question imho is whether the deal will include ships which don't currently exist in WoWs. The ARP and HSF collaborations suggest that it is unlikely. The closest thing to a collaboration ship has been Harekaze, which ultimately is a modified Kagero. I don't see WG going out of their way expending time and effort designing entirely new models for Unicorn or Illustrious for example and gimmicking/balancing them, unless they were already advanced in their plans to release such ships.

If they make a Belfast Captain they have to offer Belfast as a ship again... and Im ok with this now... I want a Hood Captain as well... and an Atlanta... and a Cleveland....

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
4 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

Considering there haven’t been any data mined premiums or skins for this yet, I’m assuming we won’t be seeing anything for a while.

The ARP collab took a VERY long time to show anything.

The Zaya [Beta] was the first of the ARP vessels, and after her appearance, everything went dark for a long time.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
2,010 posts
7,678 battles

I would love Metalblood camos for Eugen and Hipper. Seems like the easiest to implement and fitting seeing as they are getting a buff.

Spoiler

Admiral.Hipper.%28Bilan.Hangxian%29.full.2192871.png

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

Spud’s right, we probably won’t see anything for a while. Best thing we can do is speculate.

But at most I do feel certain we’ll get captains of shipgirls.

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
13 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Every anime collab has been unpopular in NA... theres still people who whinge about the ARP or HSF ships. Im just hoping the WG makes it available to us here too because this collab seems like fun.

And yes I know... and I hate that those tanks are SEA only. I want Edelweiss and her crew. And the GuP tanks from Blitz/Console and the other faux-Russian Valkyria tank from Blitz.

I never knew about ARP or HSF before playing WoWS. I don't watch the anime, but if they do something cool with AL, I'll probably pick them up too. You can never have too many premium ships.