Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MattttChris

A very detailed and precise way to fix the Hak and Midway

4 comments in this topic

[PNG]
Members
98 posts
6,452 battles

Hello all I hope you're having a good day today. I am going to be blunt. I am tired of seeing posts about this topic that are just so stupid and biased. The communities collective goal should be to have all balanced ships and none OP and none awful and lame.

So here is the real fix to the balance issue on a CV to CV bases. This doesn't cover CV vs surface ships in detail, but should reduce strike power of each CV to make surface ships happy while being good for CV players.

With out further ado, The real fix to Midway vs Hak

Theoretically with perfect damage numbers and just with Air Supremely, Aircraft Servicing Expert, and Torpedo Armament Expertise no upgrades. Also using the Haks air control group 1

Current Hak: 29 Fighters, 43 TB, 28 DB

Current Midway: 45 Fighters, 45 TB, 46 DB

As you can see the Midway definitely has a huge upper hand over the Hak due to the hanger. I seek to fix this issue while making sure both CVs are unique and balanced.

To begin both carriers have to have a hanger size of 100 and only 1 Flight control if the Midway gets 1

Aircraft Planes and Hangar Composition

Fighters

• Midway should have 35 tier 9ish fighters total. (5 groups total of 7 planes: 13,370 HP per squadron, 490 DPS per squadron. 66,850 HP Total, 2450 DPS Total) A placebo should be put in place. A new WG special fighter should be put in. The F4F-U should be given a rename, and given the tier 10 label to stop [edited] about lower tier planes.

• Hak should have 35 tier 10 fighters (7 groups total of 5 planes per squadron: 10,150 HP per squad, 435 DPS per squad. 71,020 HP total, 3045 DPS total) Hak would get a whole 2 groups more than Midway. In the long run the Hak has higher overall damage and HP, and with the extra 2 squads this should balance well.

Torpedo Bombers

• Midway should have 30 Tier 8 Torp bombers total (5 groups with 6 planes: 59,202 DMG per squad, 11,970 HP per squad, 296,010 total DMG, 59,850 HP total)
  • Hak should have about 36 Torp bombers (9 groups with 4 planes: 34,268 DMG per squad, 8440 HP per squad, 308,412 DMG total, 75,960 HP Total)

Dive Bombers

Midway 35 DB (5 groups total 7 planes each squadron) AP Dive Bombers should be reworked. RNG is stupid and should only be there for nice surprises, not big FUs. AP dive bombers should be reworked to provide reliable consistent AP pens, and rarely give citadels as nice surprises. The AP Bombs should only pen BBs and CVs and always overpen Cruisers and DDs.

Hak 29 DB (5.8 groups total 5 planes each squadron)

Re Arm Times

With Air Supremely, Aircraft Servicing Expert, and Torpedo Armament Expertise no upgrades.

The Midway has stupidly long reload times. This is to counter what Midway players used to do. They used to make strikes and then let their planes get shot down for faster rearm so the planes wouldn't have to fly back. This was possible with the large hanger the Midway has, however with my proposed new 65 strike planes vs the old 91 I think a change can be made.

In patch 0.5.2 a penalty for losing a full squadron was implemented. IJN CVs get a x3 penalty for rearm times, while USN gets x2. Well the x2 for USN CVs might be glitched, they currently get an average of x2.5 penalty for each plane type (x2.55 for fighters, x2.45 for TB and x2.5 for DB). The proposed x2 penalty would be way too low, I personally propose a reduced reload by about 5-6s across the board with the current x2.5 penalty except unified, this would make the ship much more fun and the player wouldn't be sitting and not playing for so long.

The Hak currently has replane and rearm times of

• Fighters: 5 Planes at roughly 67s for losing a full squadron; roughly 22s for a rearm
  • Torp Bombers: 4 Planes at roughly 53s for losing a full squadron; roughly 17s for a rearm
  • Dive Bombers: 5 Planes at roughly 80s for losing a full squadron; roughly 26s for a rearm

The Midway currently has full replane and rearm times of

• Fighters: 7 Planes at roughly 98s for losing a full squadron; roughly 38s for a rearm
  • Torp Bombers: 6 planes at roughly 78s for losing a full squadron; roughly 32s for a rearm
  • Dive Bombers: 7 planes at roughly 108s for losing a full squadron; roughly 43s for a rearm

The Hak has fine rearm times currently. However the Midways are too long.

Proposed change for the Midway

• Fighters: 7 Fighter Planes at 83s for losing a full squadron; 33s for a rearm. This would still give the Hak with its faster fighters an advantage to balance its weaker fighters. The Hak would have a roughly 11 second advantage over the Midway still for a rearm. This 16s and 11s difference respectively is much more comfortable than the current 31s and 16s difference between the two. This means it takes 4.65s for the Midway to rearm each plane, while the Hak does each plane in 4.46s. This also allows fighters to get in the fight faster and help the surface ships
  • Torpedo bombers: 6 Planes at 68s for losing a full squadron; 27s for a rearm. This would give the Hak a rearm advantage of 10s. This means it takes 4.5s for the Midway to rearm a plane, while the Hak does it in 4.25s.
  • Dive Bombers: 7 Planes at 93 for losing a full squadron; 37s for a rearm. Hak would have an advantage of 11s. This means it takes 5.2857s for the Midway to rearm a plane, while the Hak does it in 5.2s.

**Tl;dr Midway: 100 planes of 35 T9ish Fighters, 30 T8 TB, 35 T10DB and slightly reduced rearm time of about 5-6 seconds and squadron loss penalty of x2.5.

Hak: 100 planes of 35 T10 Fighters, 35 T10 TB, 30 T10 DB. Only 1 flight control group.**

[KSC]
Members
210 posts
7,797 battles

I can agree with some of this but still It is just stupid for Midway to have the same hangar size as Hak.

Remember, Midway is a Bigger ship, Her detection is 18.7KM or so while Hak's is around 15.7KM, another thing is Hak has better secondary and Over all AA,

Maybe if they Buffed Midways detection etc but as is it would be Very Hak Biased

Now i will Also say that having AP bombs ALWAYS Get overpens on Cruisers and DDs would be a Mistake, as Moskva and Stalin for example have more Deck armor then Most BBs

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Honestly CVs are so screwed up at this point I'd just as soon see them withdrawn, fixed, and re-introduced, but correctly balanced and tested this time rather than rushing ONE nation out and hoping to fix everything on the fly.

Sign in to follow this