Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Making a Ship OP

25 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,070 battles

Which ship (or branch) in the game do you dislike the most, and if you were to make it insanely OP, while keeping withing the scope of the game, how would you go about doing it?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,321 battles

CV's and they are already implemented

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles

If I dislike a ship why would I want to make it OP? I'd want to nerf it into the ground instead.

And I do wish people would stop complaining about carriers nonstop.

• Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

If I dislike a ship why would I want to make it OP? I'd want to nerf it into the ground instead.

And I do wish people would stop complaining about carriers nonstop.

Don't we all?

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,310 battles
14 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Don't we all?

No .

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
17 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

No .

And that's your right, you're allowed to believe in whatever you want. If you want people making crappy topics mostly filled with crying and lies, do you boo... 

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Why would I make Myoko OP? Even if she was OP I wouldn't play her. Ree so ugly...... not even her anime form can temp me. 

Bad, bad, Myoko so bad, I don't care what you say, I hate her. 

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
50 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

20km pre-nerf shima torps with TRB consumable, 10 sec reload and 22 sec turret traverse, 3 charges of Heal, access to concealment module, Anshan's built in free xp earning camo, access to conceal module, and ..... (drum roll) Missouri's credit earning potential.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,355 battles
2 hours ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Which ship (or branch) in the game do you dislike the most, and if you were to make it insanely OP, while keeping withing the scope of the game, how would you go about doing it?

I saw what Homer Simpson done, when he was given, free reign over car design.  Yes I want fluffy dice hanging from my ships rear view mirror  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

20km pre-nerf shima torps with TRB consumable, 10 sec reload and 22 sec turret traverse, 3 charges of Heal, access to concealment module, Anshan's built in free xp earning camo, access to conceal module, and ..... (drum roll) Missouri's credit earning potential.

kek, that would be such a meme, but too bad she looks like her design looks like she experienced Fukushima Daiichi and Chernobyl. Oh god... she looks like crap..... the only ship of my nation I didn't keep. 

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,355 battles
58 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Why would I make Myoko OP? Even if she was OP I wouldn't play her. Ree so ugly...... not even her anime form can temp me. 

To think, she was once the tier 8 :Smile_ohmy:

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, Crusin_Custard said:

To think, she was once the tier 8 :Smile_ohmy:

It's not that stats!! It's her looks! Reee!!! 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,355 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

It's not that stats!! It's her looks! Reee!!! 

Sh ain't that ugly :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[2347]
Members
177 posts
4,694 battles

I hate the Independence more than any other ship I've ever played (which isn't all of them) and if I had to make it overpowered, I'd start by giving it Yamato Guns, Asashio torps, Kurfurst armor, a couple Minotaurs strapped to the sides for secondaries and AA, Des Moines radar, German Hydro, PanAsian smokes, Kagero concealement, Atlanta Def Fire, Conqueror fire chance AND heal, and French speed boost.

Is this what you mean?

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles
6 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

I hate the Independence more than any other ship I've ever played (which isn't all of them) and if I had to make it overpowered, I'd start by giving it Yamato Guns, Asashio torps, Kurfurst armor, a couple Minotaurs strapped to the sides for secondaries and AA, Des Moines radar, German Hydro, PanAsian smokes, Kagero concealement, Atlanta Def Fire, Conqueror fire chance AND heal, and French speed boost.

Is this what you mean?

Search the web you can find designs that look like what you describe... :Smile_teethhappy:

In all seriousness the Shinano IJN CV used the 3rd Yamato Class BB hull so it did have the armor lol. And secondary and AA Armament did not look bad either.

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles
1 hour ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Myoko...

62599DE3-43B8-4290-B130-2190FE0174E2.thumb.jpeg.af41781666eaf331bc858a45a78d189b.jpeg

• Funny 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,516 posts
24,536 battles

New York: give it 2.0 Sigma, Texas AA, 5 km secondaries on par with Konig, and underwater citadel. 

Is that what you were after?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles

Ship I hate is Belfast, but because it IS OP already.

Members
1,770 posts
17,309 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

New York: give it 2.0 Sigma, Texas AA, 5 km secondaries on par with Konig, and underwater citadel. 

Is that what you were after?

As w/any US BB below T8 (& even that's not spectacular) let's not forget speed boost...but not the consumable...permanent speed boost.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

You want to make a ship OP ? Simply put gimmick that shouldn't be used on some ship.

Belfast : Radar + Smoke + T8 concealment module

Missouri : US Radar.

Good thing they removed both ship. 

[5BS]
Members
4,449 posts

I hate the Moskva the most and not much more can be done to it to make it overpowered. I suppose removing it's citadel would about do it but that's a bit outside even the realm WGing will ascribe for Stalinaium boats.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,708 posts
3,886 battles

I can't remember whose vid it was, it might have been Jingles, but someone described a destroyer as having four 120mm guns. Which was absolutely the truth.

However, the actual words spoken were "four hundred and twenty millimetre guns", which led to at least one hilarious misunderstanding in comments.

Yeah, a destroyer with 420mm guns? That's how you make a ship OP. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,866 posts
1,365 battles

Id take the USN lines and give them 3 charges of: "Radar Directed Guns" consumable.  This would be an added consumable, replacing no existing consumables.  It would come with a 3 minute cool down.  "For the next 3 full salvos, Sigma values are increased by +0.25 and dispersion is reduced by 15%".  So, Alabama's 1.7 becomes 1.95 and her like 271m dispersion value becomes 243.9.

Id add +16mm to their hull armor, at all tiers and ship lines to represent the layer of STS.  

Id take their DCP and RP and increase the duration by +10s as well as dropping the cool down on both by 10s.  Id also give them +1 charge of Repair party, then you can take superintendant and get 5 shots of Repair party.

Id take it even further, since the USN had really good DCP, id allow them to repair 50% of citadel damage.

Id unnerf the Iowa and Monty's rudder shift times, bringing it back around what it was in the beta.

Id add the T9-10 Accuracy mod to all USN ships at all tiers.  It would go: T1-5: +5%, T6-8: +7.5%, T9-10: +11%. 

Id cap their ranges to around 20km

USN would become tanky, mid range gun boats with note worthy accuracy and incredible DCP/RP.  Just as when you think secondary, you think German, you would think 'accuracy and tanky' and think USN.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Aircraft carriers, and the way I'd make them ridiculously OP is to put tags on red players who have asked for CVs to be removed. That way you know who the easy targets are.

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
10 hours ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

I like all the ship olines in the game, for different reasons.

...except for WG's interpretation of how carriers work in this game.  I have no issues dealing with them but that [edited] is just stupid.  WG just needs to admit defeat and get rid of them.

RN BB HE effectiveness could probably come down a notch or two, especially in the low in mid tiers.

Edited by Kuckoo

Sign in to follow this