Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Please Help Me To Get Home!

8 comments in this topic

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts

@WolfofWarship has kindly consented to giving me permission to post this here.

As some of you know, I have terminal lung cancer and I want to go home, so here is why I need your help.

I was born in the Netherlands in 1960, within a few months, we had left to go and give in New Zealand. (actually, my parents came out here as war refugees a number of years before, but went back when my Grandfather died, that was when I was born.)

Now that I have the cancer, I want to go back to Holland for two very good reasons, well, 3 actually. they are;

1) Do this sooner while my health still allows me to travel to exactly the other side of the planet!
2) Because I want to be buried with my own people... I never felt like I belonged here in NZ
3) Holland has two world famous cancer Hospitals that have indicated they can help treat the cancer.

I should explain that right now, I am taking TARCEVA, which sort of fights it on the genetic level. The cancer IS reducing... but if the cancer mutates, all bets are off. By the time they find that out, and start Chemo, it might be too late.

NOW THE SOPPY PART..... I will be 58 in July! My wife turned 57 in March! We married in 2015 after she came out from Holland to marry the man she first met on FaceBook, yes, we met on FaceBook. The only way I could get her to marry me was to agree to allow her to pass away first of natural causes... she had already lost two husbands and didn't want to lose a third! (I was previously married but was divorced)

So now, I feel guilty... I broke my promise, so we discussed it and we both agreed that a minimum of 15 more years was an achievable goal. This is why it is important for us to be back in Holland before June of 2019. While New Zealand has hospitals that treat cancer, they do not have hospitals specifically for cancer... Holland has TWO!

Please help me keep the new promise.... 15 more years.

My wife, Rianne, and I have never had a rip roaring fight... we disagree and compromise... and, I'll say it... we love each other... I want to keep my promise to her. 15 more years.

BTW, Rianne plays WoWs on the EU server and has just now signed up for the North American server... we might even play as a team, myself, The_Wife (her user name) and my son... we all play... he is 1st_Red_Devils ... so please consider supporting our very great need on my "give a little page" (run by NZ's largest Telecom company via its Foundation to help people!)

Here is the link.... if you donate, thanks, if you just look, then also, thanks... Everyone that donates will be sent regular updates on how things are going, with my health, with us as family and how we are doing selling everything we own, physical stuff that is... BTW, My son is 34 and has decided to stay in NZ, good, he wasn't invited. Actually, he wanted to stay here because of a woman he is chasing... :)

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/i-have-cancer-and-i-want-to-go-home

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 12

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,327 battles

Hope everything works out

• Cool 1

Members
1,145 posts
4,192 battles

For what little it's worth, you have my sympathy. Will try to donate what I can in the coming month

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

4 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

@WolfofWarship has kindly consented to giving me permission to post this here.

As some of you know, I have terminal lung cancer and I want to go home, so here is why I need your help.

I was born in the Netherlands in 1960, within a few months, we had left to go and give in New Zealand. (actually, my parents came out here as war refugees a number of years before, but went back when my Grandfather died, that was when I was born.)

Now that I have the cancer, I want to go back to Holland for two very good reasons, well, 3 actually. they are;

1) Do this sooner while my health still allows me to travel to exactly the other side of the planet!
2) Because I want to be buried with my own people... I never felt like I belonged here in NZ
3) Holland has two world famous cancer Hospitals that have indicated they can help treat the cancer.

I should explain that right now, I am taking TARCEVA, which sort of fights it on the genetic level. The cancer IS reducing... but if the cancer mutates, all bets are off. By the time they find that out, and start Chemo, it might be too late.

NOW THE SOPPY PART..... I will be 58 in July! My wife turned 57 in March! We married in 2015 after she came out from Holland to marry the man she first met on FaceBook, yes, we met on FaceBook. The only way I could get her to marry me was to agree to allow her to pass away first of natural causes... she had already lost two husbands and didn't want to lose a third! (I was previously married but was divorced)

So now, I feel guilty... I broke my promise, so we discussed it and we both agreed that a minimum of 15 more years was an achievable goal. This is why it is important for us to be back in Holland before June of 2019. While New Zealand has hospitals that treat cancer, they do not have hospitals specifically for cancer... Holland has TWO!

Please help me keep the new promise.... 15 more years.

My wife, Rianne, and I have never had a rip roaring fight... we disagree and compromise... and, I'll say it... we love each other... I want to keep my promise to her. 15 more years.

BTW, Rianne plays WoWs on the EU server and has just now signed up for the North American server... we might even play as a team, myself, The_Wife (her user name) and my son... we all play... he is 1st_Red_Devils ... so please consider supporting our very great need on my "give a little page" (run by NZ's largest Telecom company via its Foundation to help people!)

Here is the link.... if you donate, thanks, if you just look, then also, thanks... Everyone that donates will be sent regular updates on how things are going, with my health, with us as family and how we are doing selling everything we own, physical stuff that is... BTW, My son is 34 and has decided to stay in NZ, good, he wasn't invited. Actually, he wanted to stay here because of a woman he is chasing... :)

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/i-have-cancer-and-i-want-to-go-home

That's sad to hear, I totally understand that you want to have your final resting place to be your home, heh, I would want to be laid to rest in Japan if it ever came to that.... being back in your home country..... there just something about it. Plus If I could go back can look after that silly git, Satoshi~ Poor guy, if he's not deathly sick he's down with some kind of bad luck, ha ha! 

Neh, I'll donate as much as I can! Until you can get back home, keep your head up! I'm- no, Everyone here is rooting for you! Our hearts goes out to you!! 

I'll donate what I can~ It might not be much, but I will do my best. 

• Cool 2

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts

I had to write a letter today, and I included this story from my childhood. Hope you agree its a good one, its 100% true.

From about the age of 5, I had this nightmare and I have had it about 12 or more times a year since then, over 50 years in fact. Its always the same THEME, but slightly different depending on what people are in my life. I'm in a city, the city doesn't have a name, there are just houses, rows after row of them, and I'm walking home, only, I have no idea which is my home. So, I keep walking. People I know, or knew would be outside the houses, never in them, we would talk, they would act like strangers to me... they would never invite me into their house and I wouldn't know which was theirs anyhow, nor could they tell me where I live... so, I'd walk... and walk, never arriving home, never knowing where my home was.

I know now why I have that nightmare, its because I don't belong here, where I am now. I have to go home, even if I have to walk forever to get there.

Its actually very scary, not knowing where I live, in the nightmare... do I belong anywhere?

I wonder if the nightmare will stop once I get back to Holland.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by kiwi1960

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts

Thanks to everyone that donated... especially my Aussie mate... you know who you are.... keeping the ANZAC spirit alive. Thanks.

Still a long way to go... :(

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts

The list of side effects is growing... now.... in my toes, heels, finger and lip.... cuts? splits appear.... not much blood yet....

I'm am up to 8 very nasty side effects and only about another 20 to go.... being totally bald.... ALL hair, including eyelashes... GONE.... that will be the hardest to accept. :(

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,312 posts

Guys, he posted this on April Fools and has a long history of questionable posting.
Take it with a grain of salt unless confirmed by a 3rd party.

Sign in to follow this