Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

What is the current fastest ship in game?

17 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts

I'm assuming it's one of the Destroyers but someone asked me that just started playing and I'm not sure. I googled it and found a post from 2015 stating that the Russian DD line was the fastest but is that still true for 2018?

[AR]
[AR]
Members
311 posts
11,622 battles

Fastest moving ship in the game is a tie between Khabarovsk (T10) and Minks(T7 tech tree) and Leningrad (T7 premium) at 43 knotts.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It is still a tie between the Khabarovsk, Leningrad, and Minsk.

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

With speed flag and engine b o o s t, the aforementioned Soviet destroyers can reach a speed just shy of 49 knots. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles

Leningrad and Minsk are pretty much the same ship, the only difference really being the torpedoes carried, at 8km and 4km, respectively. Both are the soviet T7 DDs, although the former is a premium ship that I do not believe is currently on sale, while Minsk is a tech tree ship. Both tie the Khabarovsk, the Soviet T10 destroyer, at 43 knots base. With all speed modifiers, their top speed caps at 48.7 knots. 

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 minute ago, Patosentado said:

Kiev or Minsk

Kiev: 42.5 knots
Minsk, Leningrad, and Khabarovsk: 43 knots

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles

Mikasa.

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

I though for a sec that the tier 5 french cruiser was the fastest. That ship is perfect for chasing down DDs in her tier. It cannot be outrun-ed by any DD in her tier. Great ship too

Members
4,441 posts
6,138 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I though for a sec that the tier 5 french cruiser was the fastest. That ship is perfect for chasing down DDs in her tier. It cannot be outrun-ed by any DD in her tier. Great ship too

Emile...tier 5 cruiser. SPEED is her asset. I got her. She is low armor (like so many cruisers)  but if you keep up the speed in her and run around like a nutcase she is very hard to hit.  Good guns. Decent torps. FUN ship. Being a nutcase she clicks with me. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Members
6,624 posts
25,270 battles

Khab, Leningrad, Minsk of course as you've been told.

I am partial to a runner up: the mighty Katori of course! 

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

but if you keep up the speed in her and run around like a nutcase she is very hard to hit.  Good guns. Decent torps. FUN ship. Being a nutcase she clicks with me. :Smile_Default:

no complaints from me lol Tiers 4 to 6 are the tiers of death for many reasons. There is just so many great ships with unique personality to choose from and some how it works, balance issues are minimal for those tiers.

Members
4,441 posts
6,138 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Langley with an amazing 15 knots:Smile_teethhappy:

Tier 3 St Louis is slow but when underwater and heading for the bottom she hauls azz. 

Sign in to follow this