You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_NewZealand

Yuro unleashes crushing April fools criticism of exploit-that-isn't.

18 comments in this topic

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

He get's to the point about what's wrong pretty quickly, but it's definitely worth watching. It is yet another in a long line of "good lord, carriers are broken" design flaws in this game.

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[-ARP-]
Members
393 posts
3,612 battles

I'll be honest i've done this before...

Just wanted to see if having my friend's tier 5 CV will ensure I don't face tier 8s when I take my tier 6 ship.

Edited by AyanoMidori

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,871 posts
8,665 battles

Frankly I don't see this as an issue at all. It would be another story if the tier 6 cv could drag the division down into a tier 5 match, but it can't. So, the Tier 8s can't be dragged out of their normal MM. Besides, if the tier 6 or 7 cv gets uptiered, it will have a minimal affect on the match as it's planes will be shredded by the higher tier AA.

Edited by Kingfishercritic

[SF-A]
Members
2,843 posts
5,547 battles

Really they should just automatically throw such divisions into T10. Bon voyage!

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
6 minutes ago, Kingfishercritic said:

Frankly I don't see this as an issue at all. It would be another story if the tier 6 cv could drag the division down into a tier 5 match, but it can't. So, the Tier 8s can't be dragged out of their normal MM. Besides, if the tier 6 or 7 cv gets uptiered, it will have a minimal affect on the match as it's planes will be shredded by the higher tier AA.

If divving a T7 CV with 1-2 T8 ships forces MM to put the division into a max tier 9 battle (mind you, I don't know if this is true or not), then it certainly seems like an exploit of MM to me, on a couple of levels.

1. This div is blocking the div's T8's from seeing tier 10 battles, which seems like an exploit.

2. No other ship type in a "fail division" can force MM to assign the division to a battle tier based on the lowest tier ship in the division.  Just treat this division like any other division as far as MM goes, i.e. treat it as a tier 8 division, and the exploit should go away, particularly if their T7 CV might face a T8 CV on the enemy team.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

i never did that before...

... but i really like the idea.

T8 MM is terrible.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Well...gamers gonna game....but he does make good points as far as the MM. Yeah, I cuss when there is a Saipan on the other team. But nobody would buy one if all they ever faced were other Saipans. Same with Kidds, 'Bammas, etc etc... Not sure there really is a fix here...

Members
158 posts
10,887 battles

Proposed fixes fixes.

1. Force same-tier divisions (this also fixes the issues of fail divs).

2. MM considers all ships in a division to be of a tier that is the same as the highest tier in the div. This throws t7 CV in a match against a t8 division, which seems more than fair considering the AA ships that accompany such CV divs.

3. Block CVs from divisioning at all outright.

4. If 3 does not float your boat, restrict CV divs to only be able to go up against a divisioned CV.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

If seen it, I've probably have done it TBH. I won't get upset thou, if the put in the code for CVs to be the same tier has the div mates. That said, if another Div in queue is trying to cheese the system in the same way, you will see T10... in your T7 CV.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

You know what really hurts when you do this? You run into another Division doing the same thing and now you're a t7 CV fighting t10s 

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles
16 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

If seen it, I've probably have done it TBH. I won't get upset thou, if the put in the code for CVs to be the same tier has the div mates. That said, if another Div in queue is trying to cheese the system in the same way, you will see T10... in your T7 CV.

i see that happens with a t6cv+t7 div fight in a T9 battles hehehe

If people start doing that its going become more common.

Alpha Tester
1,939 posts
1 hour ago, The_Grand_One said:

I could barely understand a word he said tbh, bring back the robot voice!

The subtitles icon is your friend.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles

OK so T7 Saipan divs up with a Kutuzov and a Kidd. Guaranteed to see another T7 CV. Might see T6-8 MM but unlikely. T7-9 MM will be a challenge even for good Saipan player. T9 AA is really good compared to T7.  The only player really hosed here is the red CV. 

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,717 battles
15 hours ago, Kingfishercritic said:

The issue is, you face a solo CV on the other side who doesn't have the benefit of 2 assured full AA ships, of a tier higher, that are co-ordinated and working on voice comms. You also deny that solo queueing CV the chance of being top tier.

It then screws over the solo CV players team, and all that person did was queue solo.

This is a huge issue.

Edited by NotoriousRNG

Members
47 posts
5,610 battles
17 hours ago, Kingfishercritic said:

He's not talking about striking enemy surface ships.  This division setup negates the ability of the solo CV player to be effective.  After most of the enemy's planes have been shot down the lower tier CV in the division doesn't have to strike the enemy ships, just keep them spotted.  So this tactic should work with a tier 6 CV, though a Saipan would be more effective because it's a tier 7 CV with tier 9 planes.    

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
16 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You know what really hurts when you do this? You run into another Division doing the same thing and now you're a t7 CV fighting t10s 

Good...