Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Its the weekend (cue up the Benny Hill theme song)

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

91
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,242 battles

With the weekend comes an interesting mix of shall we say "freestyle" players, with some interesting antics.

So here is a thread to tell your tales of high sea's adventure.

I'll start with my favorite one from Saturday, My DD was just been sunk by a light cruiser and another DD, The BB following behind me just keeps rolling straight for a red BB that is just sitting there :Smile_izmena:.

Completely ignoring the CL and DD.

He starts pounding the BB (A BB that curiously is not moving or shooting back :Smile_sceptic: ) he proceeds to  kill the AFK  BB while completely ignoring the LIVE CL and DD that are pouring fire into him. I told him in chat that the BB was AFK but he was not to be deterred  that BB was his, even if it cost him his life and our team the game. And it did :Smile_facepalm: 

 

My second favorite is the "frightened little Kamikaze R" 

The game is not going well, The two red CV's have been murder on us, esp on our DD's there is only one of us left. But that DD is the Ninja of IJN DD's a completely undamaged Kamikaze R:Smile_playing:.

So where is our hero you might ask???  Right on the back line not 12 klicks from the 2 completely undefended red CV's.:Smile_smile:

You could almost here the cheers of joy from my team around North America. All he had to do was race up to them and send them to the bottom, So what does our hero do? he close's to 10km launches his torps  and turns tail and runs away.:Smile_hiding:

Apparently our Kami Captain knew his torp range and never got any closer than that....EVER! 

The sound of cheering quickly turned to the sound of foreheads hitting keyboards and desk.

 

So although it wont change your Win Rate telling your tale my help you feel better and maybe make someone else laugh (or cry).

DK

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,284 battles

But...Kamikaze R has 7 km torps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

In one of my many losses last night my team had a "pink" DD run to the back corner of the map and  spam "provide anti aircraft fire support" for the entire match.:Smile-angry: Everyone on the team reported the idiot but it will not do any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,042
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,744 battles
33 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Uh, I know there's alot of us who drank beer and partied in college with Fred and Barney here but would the kiddies here even know who Benny (T&A) Hill is?? LOL!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

Is it alright if i share a Weekend Tale that was a win?

 

Because i sure do have plenty of Tales of Weekend players helping me win matches!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,042
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
12 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Uh, I know there's alot of us who drank beer and partied in college with Fred and Barney here but would the kiddies here even know who Benny (T&A) Hill is?? LOL!! 

Benny was awesome but The Two Ronnies was actually even better but they never got the overseas exposure that Benny did.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+two+ronnies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
162 posts
3,498 battles

Paint chips or more specifically, camo chips.  Who wants their ship looking bad for weekend cruising? Have you seen the condition of some camo during a battle? Not cool at all and in fact downright nasty with those burn marks and big a** chips.  Best thing to do is cluster at the rear and try to stay in the center of the cluster so others have their paint ruined. Or just disappear into the fringe and lurk until it's over.  Once the damn battle is over, you'll be looking fine.  (hope you can detect the frivolity).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
162 posts
3,498 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Benny was awesome but The Two Ronnies was actually even better but they never got the overseas exposure that Benny did.

My wife and I faithfully watched the Red Green Show when is was re-broadcast in the US.  What a hoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,042
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
9 minutes ago, Hiro804 said:

My wife and I faithfully watched the Red Green Show when is was re-broadcast in the US.  What a hoot.

The local PBS station shows Red Green every Saturday night, life is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,060 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

With the weekend comes an interesting mix of shall we say "freestyle" players, with some interesting antics.

So here is a thread to tell your tales of high sea's adventure.

I'll start with my favorite one from Saturday, My DD was just been sunk by a light cruiser and another DD, The BB following behind me just keeps rolling straight for a red BB that is just sitting there :Smile_izmena:.

Completely ignoring the CL and DD.

He starts pounding the BB (A BB that curiously is not moving or shooting back :Smile_sceptic: ) he proceeds to  kill the AFK  BB while completely ignoring the LIVE CL and DD that are pouring fire into him. I told him in chat that the BB was AFK but he was not to be deterred  that BB was his, even if it cost him his life and our team the game. And it did :Smile_facepalm: 

 

My second favorite is the "frightened little Kamikaze R" 

The game is not going well, The two red CV's have been murder on us, esp on our DD's there is only one of us left. But that DD is the Ninja of IJN DD's a completely undamaged Kamikaze R:Smile_playing:.

So where is our hero you might ask???  Right on the back line not 12 klicks from the 2 completely undefended red CV's.:Smile_smile:

You could almost here the cheers of joy from my team around North America. All he had to do was race up to them and send them to the bottom, So what does our hero do? he close's to 10km launches his torps  and turns tail and runs away.:Smile_hiding:

Apparently our Kami Captain knew his torp range and never got any closer than that....EVER! 

The sound of cheering quickly turned to the sound of foreheads hitting keyboards and desk.

 

So although it wont change your Win Rate telling your tale my help you feel better and maybe make someone else laugh (or cry).

DK

Anyone that drops a Benny Hill reference is alright in my book. I don't even need to read the post. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,842 battles

8 space battles. 1 win.

I was top 3 in XP for all but one of those battles.

The end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles
46 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Uh, I know there's alot of us who drank beer and partied in college with Fred and Barney here but would the kiddies here even know who Benny (T&A) Hill is?? LOL!! 

True that!    Or talking about my neighbor, who's a real "June Cleaver".    Got blank stares from a 30-something.  And telling my 27 year old son about the small town we live in - be careful with speeding, as we have a few Barney Fifes on the force.   Crickets....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,242 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

But...Kamikaze R has 7 km torps...

:Smile_facepalm: You just made my story even sadder, he was definitely firing from farther than 7 km. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts

Wows on weekends.... 

the comparison is an insult to Benny Hill and Red Green.

a more apt comparison would be all Rediculousness episode featuring drunks and/or blunt force trauma to the testicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
20,622 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Benny was awesome but The Two Ronnies was actually even better but they never got the overseas exposure that Benny did.

And don't forget Frankie Howard with Up Pompeii, and the "Carry On..." gang.

I also rally like the Ealing Studio an Hammer movies.  Great Stuff.

Edited by slokill_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,242 battles

Iv'e got another one from Friday, Beginning of the game I start heading toward a CAP, suddenly I'm asked to join a Division. OK why not I click yes and start circling round to join my Div mate and type into chat "whats the plan" ?

all i get back is "no englash" :cap_cool: yup no speak English....

sometimes it's just better to hang out in the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,242 battles
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Wows on weekends.... 

the comparison is an insult to Benny Hill and Red Green.

a more apt comparison would be all Rediculousness episode featuring drunks and/or blunt force trauma to the testicles.

From the movie "Idiocracy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,242 battles

I have a new one, This moron in a DD pushes way to far forward and gets creamed by a BB and 2 DD's without scoring a single point of damage....Ya that moron was me. Sorry team.

happy Easter everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

This weekend people were refreshingly relatively competent in my games. It's as if the stereotypical weekenders and weekdayers swapped days for me this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,300 battles

Had my  best game in Indy, stayed around the A-point of map killing then capping the point and somehow still lost, with 2,000+ base xp, runner up with 800 base xp

I'll admit I made a few mistakes, such as going after the CV (CV sailed deep into our side, and popped up in front of me in the cyclone, only ship to shoot at) and missing a few shots on DD's in critical moments, but still...
can't win them all...(at least I finally gotten a 100k+ game in the Indy! That's my silver lining :) )
 

Spoiler

h6D7Fft.jpg

tM0MNEx.jpg?1

qKzjyZA.jpg

 

Edited by JB_24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

The most interesting decision I've seen in my WoWS 'career' so far has been a full HP Shiratsuyu RAMMING a 1/3 HP enemy Texas. What's unbelievable was that he fired torps before the ram. I thought he was going to let the torpedoes finish off the enemy Texas, but...... And he didn't even manage to sink the Texas.

In another game I had five DDs on my team die in under five minutes.

 

In yet another game, a Colorado on my team at 2/3 HP decided to ram the enemy Kongo at 1/2 HP. What a waste of 8 16-inch guns. I swear there were no other enemy ships in the area, just the Kongo and a nearly dead Cleveland.

Allied Fuso firing HE at enemy Leander 5 KM from him. The cruiser was full broadside.

 

Allied Nurnberg firing torps when the closest enemy is 12-13km away. Nearly hit me.

 

Mahan and Atago: "We are escorting the CV."

 

 

Edited by Zionas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×