Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bigalow87

weirdest citadel i ever got...

5 comments in this topic

Members
280 posts
9,257 battles

A Huanghe AP shot on a Giulio Cesare from 9.9 km away (and the other shell somehow did 2508). Never had something like that happen before...

shot-18_04.01_01_00.06-0880.thumb.jpg.7a12714680d2fa5d8bdf2fd0e0e31396.jpg

Edited by bigalow87

[L-H]
Members
75 posts
7,504 battles

They do happen. The oddest one I’ve had was conqueror HE at 13 km on a Montana. Didnt cit for much damage but it was odd

Members
1,903 posts
2,492 battles

I was once playing my Myoko and hit an angled Izumo, somehow an AP shell of mine found its way into their citadel? 

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

1,542 posts
26 battles

Very strange! When you get a weird one sometimes you just sit there like "what on Earth just happened?" 

Members
842 posts

Frankly, this is a symptom of the biggest problem in WoWS:  too much RNG.

The insistence on complex armor and gunnery modelling, combined with introduced randomness for the same action, means that you get EXTREMELY inconsistent results for what (to the player) are identical actions. Not just minor variations, but wildly different outcomes.

That's the antithesis of a good video game design. 

Having a bit of randomness is a Good Thing, as it prevents the problem that console Fighting Games have, where particular move combos result in overpowering advantage, and can be replicated time and time again by skilled players.

But the current randomness is out of control, and seems to be getting worse, which is only natural as WG insists on introducing more and more complex ships.

The fix is to radically simplify the ship armor models, and tone down the amount of complexity in the shell trajectory and hit location calculations. But that would require non-trivial amounts of work, so don't look for it to ever be addressed, let alone fixed.

It's just a fundamental design flaw in the game, and something that will persist until it ends.

Sign in to follow this