Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
syd_

A little salt with your space battle?

8 comments in this topic

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles

Wow! I didn't think it was possible to top the salt sometimes in Randoms but Space Battles seems to have taken it to the next level.

Started out in a battle with me in a Galaxy and an Alldestroyer behind me sitting to the north of A while the rest of team was above B and C to the east. I immediately turned due east to help support the two DD's that were obviously going to B while two more cruisers from above B turned SW to support them also. . .started out shaping up fairly well for a BC push. That is until the BB decided to move straight toward A and proceeded to insult me via chat for not being his meat shield followed by two separate shots that caused significant damage. All because I am trying to be a good teammate to the rest of the team by doing what I am supposed to do? I laughed when he stated he was going to report me for. . .what?

Turns out I swung back to the west and killed the Galaxy that moved into A but the entire team was curb stomped. Post battle results had me at the top and him at the very bottom. . .certainly not a brag on my part because it says more about the quality of my team than about my own. After the battle I check the guys stats and he is a 45 percenter averaging 20k over nearly 3k battles. Heavy sigh. I also sent him a post-battle message congratulating him on a job well done.

What is it about people that feel the need to insult others for their own inadequacies, especially through the anonymity of the internet? I have to laugh at the silliness of it all. . .can't y'all just play the game to enjoy it for what it is instead of what you think it should be only for you? :cap_hmm:

/naive rant

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
792 posts
2,810 battles

space battle sis cool n all but plebs that dont know how to tier 10 play it and blow at ti causing stale games, why play it when I can play pubs and have a better chance of winning. 

• Bad 1

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles

Yeah, I am kind of one of those guys myself but have done fairly well in the battles having been fortunate enough to be on a few outstanding teams and a few more really good ones. . .and of course the few other kinds that are all part of the game. I do play a great deal on the PTS when it's available so I'm not a complete dolt when it comes to the higher tiers.

The whole point was that if dude would have been a unicum or above average player, I could have accepted his admonishment and moved on. But some 45% yutz that couldn't even score 350 base XP? My 12 and 10 year-old even had a few laughs at his expense and probably could school him in the game as well.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

Been doing well in Space, teams are pretty laid back and chilled, they know it’s not going on their stats. We are just there to have fun, make credits, make XP, and then on to next battle.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles

Agree wholeheartedly. I have managed a ton of elite commander and free experience and have no complaints. . .save for the mini rant above.

[NBB]
Members
484 posts
2,305 battles

Someday I, too, will be a 45 percenter. What is it with people who always feel the need to send post battle messages?

• Cool 1

Supertester
415 posts
5,896 battles

I quickly lost enjoyment for SBs because of the players. I'm a BB main, but I like to play other classes as well, however I felt like I was being forced to only play BBs in SBs because if I played a cruiser it would always end up with two full HP BBs sitting at max range doing nothing while the rest of the team dies. If I have to be a try-hard playing with the class I already play the most, then I feel I'm missing the point entirely of such an event, but I seriously can't get a win with anything other than a BB, and it's not because I don't play other classes somewhat well, it's just because the other BBs make no effort whatsoever to avoid giving BB players a bad reputation, but rather work their best to worsen it.

I have no complains about the cruiser and DD players. They seem to usually understand their role and fulfill it well.

Yes, I am 100% salty. And yes, the gamemode is still amazing and a blast to play until you look at the scoreboard.

Members
126 posts
303 battles

Not to boast, but I’m super unicum at ignoring salt. Seriously, I’m better at it than 99% of the players out there. For example, I think someone was throwing a salt storm in my direction earlier tonight, but I didn’t pay enough attention to know for certain. Something about not being aggressive enough in my bottom tier DD. Anyway, at the end of the game I topped the leaderboard and that’s the best way to respond, in my experience. Never, ever respond in chat, that’s my rule number one. Never let a salty player goad you into doing something you know is wrong. A lot of times such people are not very good players, in fact, sometimes they’re already dead, so I tend to play my own game. That doesn’t mean you should ignore requests for support or well-intentioned advice, only that you should never allow yourself to be bullied. My last rule is that I play to the best of my ability and take every opportunity to recognize that in others. I give far more compliments than reports, and often wish I had more of them. You can’t fight salt with salt, that only compounds the problem. Fight it with a positive attitude and a healthy dose of good sportsmanship....That really makes the haters angry.

So there’s my three little rules for making the world (of Warships) a better place.

Sign in to follow this